to call or not to call?

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sydney

I know I should still call the phone guy, but now Im stressed and thinking about my friend, I might still have feeling for him, but I think I know better now, it would take ALOT, and I mean ALOT for him to prove to me he really does care, so I guess until I see that "proof" Ill just keep seeing other people.
My opinion is that you should forget about your "friend". He may be good-looking, someone you're used to, and maybe he's so much fun intimately

But really, in a little bit of time you and someone else can get to know each other and really bond to the point you feel comfortable spilling your heart out to that person... and you might find that the new person respects your feelings and treats you the way you would like to be treated.
The world is full of hot guys, even ones with whom the sexies may be more fun.
You deserve a new hot guy who will treat you well. (I would find it difficult to get over all of the girls coming and going while living with the former.)

I think you should at least see if you have a chemistry with Dan... tall, big muscles....

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You haven't called him YET!? You better get moving before he thinks you are not interested. (I have not been able to completely follow this thread, but I really think you should call him.)

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After I broke up with my ex this customer and I had a drunken encounter, and it just kept happening for over a year. He told me from the start we were just friends, he wasnt a relationship type. We ended up being roommates and during that time he treated me like crap, and I watched as he had other girls over. Though I knew how he felt, i couldnt help but like him and seeing these girls and living with him, really took its toll on me. By the time I moved I never wanted to talk to him agian, and I didnt for 3 months. Once we started talking agian, things kinda fell back into the same old routine, which i didnt like. I didnt want to put myself in that position agian to let him string me along like normal.
I had a friend like that. When he was alone, I was his "SIS". When someone better came along, he didn't even know my name. (He actually introduced me as someone he danced with every once in a while) I finally told him my life was not a convenience store, open for HIS convenience.

Drop the "friend". All he wants is a free ride on your heart and pride. Call Dan. He sounds like he would take care of that heart!

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should call the cable guy before you worry about stuff with your "friend". I've sort of been in a similar position before, and the one that seemed to act like an idiot towards me half of the time just got themselves bumped down further on my friend list and we didn't talk as much.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SSmith0385

I normally don't call them, I let them call me - so in this situation I don't know... But that's just me
Same here
Anytime I took the advice to make the first move, I was shot down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok so its been a while, and I took longer then expected, but I called him today! Hopefully he calls me back, it went straight to voicemail, he is probly working.

So hopefully it hasnt been too long but I know I took my sweet time, I told him on the voicemail that I had misplaced his card but good news I found it!

So now Im just waiting, the ball is in his court.

Ill keep you guys updated!

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know, I hate waiting too!

He didnt call me back yesterday, maybe he wont at all, or maybe he is doing that wait a day thing guys do sometimes.

Ill keep ya posted!

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
UPDATE!

Today as I was getting ready ( and running late) my phone rang, but I was doing my hair and couldn't answer, I didn't recognize the number and they didn't leave a message. 2 hours later Im driving home talking to my plumber on the phone and the same number calls, but i cant click over, they left no message. So I get home, leave the garage door open, and went inside to grab two of the dogs to take to the vet, I take them outside to let them pee and i look over and see the AT&T truck driving up the street next to mine. Then it comes down my street and parks in front of my house. It was him!

Turns out he went on vacation for 10 days. But the thing is, I got a better look at him today, and I don't want to sound mean, but he isn't my type i guess. I just cant see myself going out with him. I know its horrible, but I just didn't feel anything, ya know?

Anyways I was friendly and we talked for a minute before I left. He said he was going to be working in the area this week. Im worried he might stop by agian, not that I wouldn't mind a new friend, but those arn't his intentions, and I hate surprises.

So i don't know what to do.
Im such a dork

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Give the guy a chance

Looks are superficial and it's inside that really matters. He sounds like a great guy. Don't be foolish and waste an opportunity

It's the first impressions that really matter, and 10 days ago he impressed you enough to get all giddy and worried about calling him. Go with that

Go out and have fun. You might find yourself surprised.

Originally Posted by Sydney

UPDATE!

Today as I was getting ready ( and running late) my phone rang, but I was doing my hair and couldn't answer, I didn't recognize the number and they didn't leave a message. 2 hours later Im driving home talking to my plumber on the phone and the same number calls, but i cant click over, they left no message. So I get home, leave the garage door open, and went inside to grab two of the dogs to take to the vet, I take them outside to let them pee and i look over and see the AT&T truck driving up the street next to mine. Then it comes down my street and parks in front of my house. It was him!

Turns out he went on vacation for 10 days. But the thing is, I got a better look at him today, and I don't want to sound mean, but he isn't my type i guess. I just cant see myself going out with him. I know its horrible, but I just didn't feel anything, ya know?

Anyways I was friendly and we talked for a minute before I left. He said he was going to be working in the area this week. Im worried he might stop by agian, not that I wouldn't mind a new friend, but those arn't his intentions, and I hate surprises.

So i don't know what to do.
Im such a dork

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure I would give him a call and if he is online, you can start emailing to get to know each better also. If and when you feel the time is right and he can be trusted, meet him in a public place and see how that goes, you have to start somewhere.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say, if he asks you out, go for it. You don't have to marry the guy! And, as said before, he may surprise you. Or, the man of your dreams could be his best friend!
You'll never know. If nothing else you could make a good friend.

kittybernard

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I heard a female comic tell this joke once.. don't ask me when, where, who.. it must've been one of those "half there" days! Anyway, it went a little something like.. she'd met this very nice man who asked her out, but she wasn't attracted to him in the least. To top it off he had a wandering eye. He was so nice, though, that she just couldn't bare to hurt his feelings, so she accepted. After a few dates she was surprised to find herself leaaaning all the way to the side to gaze into his wandering eye!

Allright, so I suck at retelling jokes.. but there you have it! .. ba-da-ching!
Good luck in whatever you decide!