to call or not to call?

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Sydney

I find myself checking out who is driving the phone trucks when i see them driving down my street now, checking to see if it could be him, haha im a dork.
You're not a dork! I do that kind of thing all the time! Haha, like I once caught a glimpse of a good looking chef at Bahama Breeze, so now any chef I see I'm looking to see if it's him haha (the chef had even made a little small talk with me but my mom came back from the bathroom and kinda ruined it haha)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol, ok ok Im going to call him!

Ill let you all know what happens, im getting a little nervous.

I find myself checking out who is driving the phone trucks when i see them driving down my street now, checking to see if it could be him, haha im a dork.
lol not at all.
Trust me, we or I understand. how many times, was i the guy that was expected to make that first call, that first approach? in time you get used to it.

at worst you have a bad time, a good time would be make a new friend, or maybe even better.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, basically he ALREADY asked you out, in a round about way...he just couldn't come right out and say in on the job. And, don't think of it as a date. Think about it as getting to know someone in town and a way to meet other people. Just friends.....

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol, ok ok Im going to call him!

Ill let you all know what happens, im getting a little nervous.

Oh, good luck!

I agree with everyone else who's said that he already pretty much asked you out.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Soooooooo it's been HOURS! Your only good excuse for not jumping back on here to update us after the call is that you're on a date with (ahem I mean getting to know
) him! lol I hope it went well and yeah I agree that by him telling you to call him any time even just to hang out was basically him asking you out in a guy kind of way lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok Im chickening out a little, lol. I am going to call tomorow late morning, but Im so unsure. I dont know why, I think its cause im just chicken when it comes down to it, I know he is interested so its not that Im worried about, im just such a wimp. I've seriously had this issues for years now. I know I need to get out of my comfort zone, which I never do, but I swear I will! Im gonna do it!!! I need a change.

He has my home phone number from when he was trying to help me with my internet and I guess part of me is hoping he wont want to wait and will just call me instead but I know thats just an excuse to not call, and I know I want to cause I keep thinking about it, first thing when I wake up and throughout the day, Im such a dork!

Ok so i'll call tomorow, just wanted to update you guys!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!!! I wish my cable technician would give me his card and ask me to call! (Insert sexy couger growl here.) I always get the same (hot, very hot!) guy to come fix my cable phone when it malfunctions (and it malfunctioned about 15 times in the first 11 months.) Too bad he was wearing a wedding ring. Sigh.

You better call!!! And let us know how it goes! Lucky girl!!!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok Im chickening out a little, lol. I am going to call tomorow late morning, but Im so unsure. I dont know why, I think its cause im just chicken when it comes down to it, I know he is interested so its not that Im worried about, im just such a wimp. I've seriously had this issues for years now. I know I need to get out of my comfort zone, which I never do, but I swear I will! Im gonna do it!!! I need a change.

He has my home phone number from when he was trying to help me with my internet and I guess part of me is hoping he wont want to wait and will just call me instead but I know thats just an excuse to not call, and I know I want to cause I keep thinking about it, first thing when I wake up and throughout the day, Im such a dork!

Ok, but you'd better call this time! hahaha... just don't think about it - grab the phone, buck up and dial lol... pretend that we're all there in the room with you for support lol (we kinda are if you're logged into the site while you call haha)... unfortunately in this situation, you'd have to call not wait for him haha cuz like he let you know he's interested but he's probably not sure if you are... wouldn't it be funny if he was like dying for your call?! Better not make him wait
teehee

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To call or not to call, that is not the question. CALL HIM RIGHT NOW GIRL!!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

give me his number, i will have the wife call him and leave him a message for you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sooo, something unexpected happened yesterday which kept me from calling the phone guy.
Ill try and tell you guys in the shortest way.
2 years ago I met a customer at my work, he would come in all the time, I hated him at first, but he would always ask for me. Eventually we bonded over our love of dogs, and we started have doggy playdates. After I broke up with my ex this customer and I had a drunken encounter, and it just kept happening for over a year. He told me from the start we were just friends, he wasnt a relationship type. We ended up being roommates and during that time he treated me like crap, and I watched as he had other girls over. Though I knew how he felt, i couldnt help but like him and seeing these girls and living with him, really took its toll on me. By the time I moved I never wanted to talk to him agian, and I didnt for 3 months. Once we started talking agian, things kinda fell back into the same old routine, which i didnt like. I didnt want to put myself in that position agian to let him string me along like normal.

Maybe the distance did it, but for the last month or so he calls me everyday and wants to hangout, but since I moved recently I have been to busy to hangout. Yesterday he told me he had very strong feelings for me and asked me if I felt the same. I told him though I might have feelings for him, after what I went through for the year I lived with him, and the way he made me feel, and watching all the girls come over, I dont know if I could ever believe that he wants to be with me and me only, I told him I dont believe these "feelings" of his. But he swears up and down he feels this way, I told him I need to think about it and he wanted an answer yesterday, I told him I had waited for over a year for him and he can wait for me.
Though I know I dont think he could ever give me what I really need emotionally, when we are together, just hanging out, its like we have known eachother forever and we have everything in common, inculding my name, its Margo and so is his moms, its not a very common name

Anyways this kept me from calling the phone guy, he was texting me all day yesterday and left it at he is waiting for my answer, when i woke up this morning he had text me "i miss you' (let me just say he is not the type to say that, kinda surprised me) Anyway this is a super short version of what happened yesterday.

I know I should still call the phone guy, but now Im stressed and thinking about my friend, I might still have feeling for him, but I think I know better now, it would take ALOT, and I mean ALOT for him to prove to me he really does care, so I guess until I see that "proof" Ill just keep seeing other people.

Just wanted to update you guys. My drama never ends.

Im planing on calling the phone guy today and invite him to a BBQ on Memorial Day, but my problem also is this customer/roommate guy lives walking distance to me (he wont by june 1st hes moving) but untill then I can be subjected to "pop ins" and if he did that while there was a guy here, all heck would break loose.

Why do guys never know what they want till they dont have it anymore? I guess distance does make the heart grow fonder.
I think in my case it made my heart grow colder.
Ohwell, ill let you guys know what the phone guy say, whose name is Dan by the way!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...Why do guys never know what they want till they dont have it anymore?...
It's not all guys. It's not even just guys. It's how some people are made: they desperately want whatever they don't have -- but as soon as they get it, they cease to appreciate its value, and they start wanting something else.

I don't know whether people like that are capable of changing. I hope so. But this kind of person is a broken heart looking for a place to happen -- and the precedent you established with him is a very dangerous one.

If you decide to let this guy back into your life, you need to be very, very strong in your determination to end it the instant he goes back to his old ways. And never look back!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

It's not all guys. It's not even just guys. It's how some people are made: they desperately want whatever they don't have -- but as soon as they get it, they cease to appreciate its value, and they start wanting something else.

I don't know whether people like that are capable of changing. I hope so. But this kind of person is a broken heart looking for a place to happen -- and the precedent you established with him is a very dangerous one.

If you decide to let this guy back into your life, you need to be very, very strong in your determination to end it the instant he goes back to his old ways. And never look back!
Don't do it. He sounds like a loser/user. Call the frickin' cable guy already will ya!???

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldnt let that Idiot sorry but he is prevent you from calling that cable guy!

Call the cable guy, i am pretty sure positive things will come out of it!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't want to judge your friend just based on what you've said and being I don't actually know him, but it sounds like you'd just be setting yourself up for heartbreak... I dated a guy once who sounds as though he's similar to your friend and I had broken up with him and when he came back crying about how sorry he was, I made the mistake of taking him back (I NEVER take people back, no matter who did the breaking up, and the one time I did it was a horrible choice)... he just used me and treated me horribly again... I know it's hard when you do have feelings, but I have to agree that people "like that" (again not trying to be judgemental, just relaying my experiences) don't change...

So go call Dan!!!!! Just think about how hot he is hahaha and if your friend were to "pop over" while Dan was visiting, there really should be no problem - you and your friend ARE NOT couple, so tough cookies to him - he had plenty of chances and he just treated you like crap instead... plus, as of right now, you and Dan would be just friends and there's nothing wrong with hanging out with a friend! Call Dan and invite him to the BBQ and have a good time! Don't be swayed by empty promises of change

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, in my opinion, you need to stay away from your "friend" until you understand what you want. Basically, he sounds like an old "friend" of mine, who was there when he didn't have anyone else, but didn't give a crap if he had a "better offer" (insert..."new bimbo"). I found him on My Space a few months ago, and just dropped him a note saying hi, and he wanted to come and visit. Now, he's married with 2 kids, and I'm married, so I replied saying"SURE, WE would LOVE to meet your wife and kids". Haven't heard from him since.

One thing I've learned is what is familiar isn't always what is good for you. It sounds like you are using him as an excuse for not getting to know anyone else. I did the same thing for a while, but it's not a good idea. I would say, leave him alone and let him grow up some, and in the mean time get to know other people. Who knows what will happen down the road.

In other words...CALL THE CABLE GUY!!!!

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, perfect example of me being a dork in a hot guy situation so you don't feel alone! haha

So for New Years Eve, my cousin and I and a bunch of friends went to a bar for their open bar/dinner thing - we were THE FIRST people there haha (they literally unlocked the doors for us) and we all sit down at one end of the huge bar and I look down to the other end and swear I see my junior prom date tending, so I turn to my cousin Pam and go "do I yell his name and look like a fool if it's not him?" well I went for it and it was him - we hadn't seen each other in like 6 years... ok this guy is GORGEOUS! and I've always felt that way lol and on top of it he's an INCREDIBLE person - the perfect gentleman etc, so I was happy to see him and all etc etc... well this past Friday my cousin calls me to come down to that bar (a whole other long story behind that but the fact that she was actually out of her house was amazing, so I had to go) and she's texting me while I'm on my way that Karl wants to see me haha... so I get there (of course lookin good cuz I knew where I was going lol) and we say hi and all and he says he was telling my cousin I should call him - well I don't have his number haha so he wrote it and gave it to me... then when we go to leave, he brings over our tab and it's only $35!! (2 of our group got there at 5 and even had dinner then there were 2 more of us that were drinking so that bill was incredible!) so we gave him a $30 tip lol and blew kisses to him as we left (way to busy for him to stop and talk)... so later I texted him about how incredible he is for that tab and he responded how it woulda been zero (meaning it woulda come out of his tips) but the other tenders were there... so I've been all giddy thinking about him for the past 2 days and just received a txt from him saying he was sorry I didn't get a job (that's all it said haha) and I got all red and flustered like a little school girl haha

Anyway... you aren't the only one who gets dorky around hot guys
I got this dorky and he and I are friends! I can't imagine if he was a stranger just how dorky I would get