To all you USA'ers...

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard about it for home use in Canada b/c I'm a big fan of the canadian comic for better or for worse, and own a lot of the books with commentary. Apparently a strip that caused a lot of confusion was one where Farley the dog was drinking milk out of the tube in the bag. We Us'ers didn't get it!
A few times when I worked in my college cafeteria I installed the huge bag of milk into one of those silver machines that you lift the handle to get the milk. We had those at summer camp too. I don't think most people know what is inside of the silver box- I certainely didn't until I saw it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy Cow (no pun intended) is milk expensive in Canada!!!!! I went to the little grocery in town today and I thought I paid alot at $2.39 for a gallon of milk!!! Of course living in America's dairyland I get really spoiled at the relative low cost of dairy products.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
uts 3.89 a gallon at my local store. course you can get a twin pack for around 5 bucks.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've actually never heard of bagged milk!

But then, the thought of cow milk being consumed by anyone other than a calf freaks me out.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about you guys but milk is the one thing that is cheaper at the convenience store. It's like 4 bucks a gallon at the grocery, unless it's on sale. At the convenience store it's 2.39.. that's usually the cheapest. Plus they have buy 10 get one free cards.
WalMart has decent prices too on milk. I know all this because hubby drinks milk like some guys drink beer. I used to drink 1/2 gallon a week at the most. Together we go through like 2-3 gallons a week.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that seems weird! My questions were what if the bag gets a tear?!?! But if you get 3 individual bags inside one larger bag, I can see that there would be protection against a leak.

And how to dispense, but if you have a certain jug to pour it out of...that settles it.

Still seems weird, but if it cost less than cardboard or plastic cartons, I would buy it!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking about this, and I know I had a hard enough time trying to get the milk out of those card board type cartons, where you had to fold the opening backwards & then fold it forward, and then squeeze it together... I always ender up having to saw it open with a steak knife anyway
....I can't imagine having it in a plastic bag?! But it does make more sense for the environment right? So maybe it would be better... we are not milk drinkers in my house...I'd never drink it except for a rare occasion (like a giant piece of chocolate cake), and then only with chocolate syrup. I'm more of a yogurt & cheese kinda girl... I don't like that whole phlegmy coating in your mouth when you drink milk...
ewwwww.....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have milk in a bag here - its at all the Kwik Trip gas stations around. Its actually cheaper, and it comes with a container to pour it in. John's mom used to buy it, but I won't - I don't know why