TNR momma cat, stayed longer than expected... guilt over releasing her again...

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We all believe in you!

She will find a safe home. It might take a bit after kitten season.

PS. I think you're still respecting your husband as long as you stick to the hard limit he set of not keeping her. Sometimes rescue takes a bit more time. I'm sure he understands deep down, even if there's some surface anxiety and/or frustration

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Most cats who are TNRed are released very quickly after they are spayed or neutered. That actually is the entire point, so please don’t feel that you were looking at this from the wrong perspective. Once in a while, there is one who clearly appears to be cut from a different cloth, and then the usual advice is to try to find a home for them. I think the fact that she seems like such a sweet little cat pulled at everyone’s heart strings. You and your husband are both very kind to have given her a chance to find a home. Please keep us posted.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I love these suggestions and all of your thoughtful replies. Honestly, when I posted originally I was just looking for someone to reassure “Yes, that’s how it goes sometimes during TNR,” or “you can only do what you can do..” and I was a little thrown off by EVERYONE agreeing that she should not be released back where I trapped her. I should have also posted on a healthy marriage forum to get a balanced perspective😅.
But, Saturday was to be the day she was released and…. I just couldn’t. She’s in our guest room now. I’m going to keep working with her and asking people to come over to help me socialize her. I’ll keep asking rescues and posting on social media (I’ve made a TikTok video that’s had 900 views today). I’m going to work on getting the rest of her vaccines after my next paycheck. I had to assure my husband that she’s not our #4, but that we might be her only chance to get into a home and be a proper house cat, so I’ve got to try for her. Thank you again for your encouragement and honesty. I’ll keep updating especially if I find a home for her soon so please be hoping (or praying ) for that outcome if you think of us 🙏🏻😉
View attachment 453213
She is GORGEOUS. I am just over the moon by this news!Bravo young lady,you just saved a life and gave her a bright future👍
Funny that you mentioned what you'd expect to hear-me too and the responses I got blew me away and I am crazy about TCS and everyone here because they CARE!
I recently brought in a 7yr old feral,been living alone outside his entire life- every org in the USA said" Nope,impossible to socialize - not gonna work" until I met these crazy cat lovers like US!!!
Btw,it's not quite 30 days and he's doing great so far.. love conquers all! You got my prayers- God Knows when one little sparrow falls from a tree,He Hears our prayers and CARES!❤