Tippy - please spare a thought for her

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beth i'm so sorry
Your little girl is in chorus with all the other kitty angels at rainbow bridge now, but i know she'll be looking down on you all.

Play happily at the bridge Tippy. Your loved and missed so much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Friends, we returned from our trip today and I checked in here, all I can say is that I'm overwhelmed. Your lovely thoughts and words brought tears to my eyes - we feel our sweet Tippy's loss so greatly.

She was with us in spirit while we were away - we took a photo of her with us on the camera's memory card and spent an evening remembering her in the Piano Bar one gentle evening.

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart for your kind thoughts and words. We are all so very grateful

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad that you made it back safely.

Your precious memories of Tippy will always be with you and your family.

Tippy

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beth, I don't know how I missed this thread. But I read all the way through it, and I'm bawling. It is SO bittersweet. Tippy was so loved - as Heidi put it -all around the world. But especially by her humans.

What a wonderful life she had. I'm glad she had all of you with her through the end - and that she had such a wonderful few days.
God! This is so hard!

Please know my thoughts are with you during this time. How difficult to lose any loved one right now!

But I know Tippy's with you, sending back all the love you've given her.

Laurie

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I am glad that you made it back safely.

Your precious memories of Tippy will always be with you and your family.

Tippy
Thank you Lei
. When we got back, hubby had put Tippy's collar at the top of the Christmas tree It goes around the tall spindly stem that the star sits on and is just perfect there - we look up and see a lovely reminder of Tippy every single day.

Originally Posted by LDG

Beth, I don't know how I missed this thread. But I read all the way through it, and I'm bawling. It is SO bittersweet. Tippy was so loved - as Heidi put it -all around the world. But especially by her humans.

What a wonderful life she had. I'm glad she had all of you with her through the end - and that she had such a wonderful few days.
God! This is so hard!

Please know my thoughts are with you during this time. How difficult to lose any loved one right now!

But I know Tippy's with you, sending back all the love you've given her.

Laurie
Thank you so much Laurie
. I wish I could have replied to everybody individually, but it really is so difficult to come here, even though I am so grateful for the love that everybody has shown. For some reason, it's when I come here that the emotional energy is released and reading or writing in this thread just makes me cry. I know exactly what you mean Laurie, it is so hard.

I couldn't post about this at the time it happened, and I still can't talk about it without crying, but the most touching thing happened on the day that Tippy died. We had taken her collar and placed it on the mantel above the fire. Tolly sits on top of the fire and the shelf then is just above him. Although it used to have ornaments on, it's clear now because everything that goes on there is whipped straight off by the skillful paw of Tolstoy.

About three hours after she died, Tolly looked over to the shelf and saw Tippy's collar. I saw recognition in his eyes and he wandered over to sniff it. He sniffed it gently and then, up came his paw. I thought, oh no, he's going to send her collar skidding from the shelf. But he didn't - instead he touched it softly with his paw four times, almost as if he was padding at it to see if it would move and then he looked me straight in the eye with the saddest expression in his eyes. It just makes me crumble every time I think of it.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You dont need to apologise for not answering everyone, we know how hard it is, and as strong as we are in our daily routine, there is something about coming here and reading kind words that set us off again. How sweet of Tolly, and what a lovely place to put her collar.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My deep condolences dear Beth..
....I´m so sorry if I not been next to you in this hard time....

BUT now I´m here...
I been praying as I tell you and I´m so sure Lord can heard my humble prayer for Tippy!

RIP TIPPY you´ll be missed here!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

You dont need to apologise for not answering everyone, we know how hard it is, and as strong as we are in our daily routine, there is something about coming here and reading kind words that set us off again. How sweet of Tolly, and what a lovely place to put her collar.
Thank you - I see from your siggy that you have had a lot of sadness with your Rainbow Bridge kitties, I'm sorry that you have gone through so much. But, on the other hand, you have known the love that these lovely kitties bring while they were with you.

Originally Posted by CoolCat

My deep condolences dear Beth..
....I´m so sorry if I not been next to you in this hard time....

BUT now I´m here...
I been praying as I tell you and I´m so sure Lord can heard my humble prayer for Tippy!

RIP TIPPY you´ll be missed here!
Thank you Rigel. She is missed so much and lovely to know that she will be remembered elsewhere as well. Addie has been spending a lot of time around the spot in the garden where she now lies.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

About three hours after she died, Tolly looked over to the shelf and saw Tippy's collar. I saw recognition in his eyes and he wandered over to sniff it. He sniffed it gently and then, up came his paw. I thought, oh no, he's going to send her collar skidding from the shelf. But he didn't - instead he touched it softly with his paw four times, almost as if he was padding at it to see if it would move and then he looked me straight in the eye with the saddest expression in his eyes. It just makes me crumble every time I think of it.
Oh Tolly

Our kitties understand loss don't they.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beth
I'm just seeing this now.

Oh, did my eyes tear up at that! Sweet Tolly. Reading that reaction really made my crumble as well but it's the dearest thing at the same time. What a precious moment!

I hope Tippy has found Nakita and she will take her around. I wish you and your family the warmest hug possible and to know that she lives on in each of us who knew her.

May time be kind and your memories be healing.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dearest Beth, Tippy is peaceful and will always watch over you. She'll be there sometimes when you least expect her to be, and you will know it. She was an elegant lady to her last days, wasn't she! Tolly understands and he is a strong boy but it doesn't make it any easier at all, I understand how painful that can be, After Sasha's beloved little brother Freddie was taken at 7 months from FeLV, we came home one night about 2 weeks after...and Sasha was sitting by Freddie's fishing pole banging his head against the wall. It just bottomed me out, I'll never shake that image. Now, Sasha passed at age 14 two Springs ago and went to meet Freddie.... as Tolly will someday, but for now, Tippy's spirit is within you.
So big prayers for peace and (((((hugs)))))) to you. She is a very special angel to have been called in the month of December.

marysmith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm new to the board and I just read all 10 pages of this thread. I'm so sorry that Tippy has left this earth, she is happy and young and healthy now. I've lost several kitties during my life's journey, so I know the pain you are feeling well. Yes, other pets in the home do know when the time is near and they understand the pain their human family feels. They are so gentle and caring at a time of sickness or loss.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Oh Tolly

Our kitties understand loss don't they.
They really do - I would say that Tolly seems to understand the situation more than any of them; Addie seems to be missing Tolly and spending a lot of time on her grave, but I'm not sure that she really understands what happened.

Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Beth
I'm just seeing this now.

Oh, did my eyes tear up at that! Sweet Tolly. Reading that reaction really made my crumble as well but it's the dearest thing at the same time. What a precious moment!

I hope Tippy has found Nakita and she will take her around. I wish you and your family the warmest hug possible and to know that she lives on in each of us who knew her.

May time be kind and your memories be healing.

Thank you Kass - it was indeed a precious moment. I have never seen (with my own eyes) any animal so deeply affected by the situation of another. My daughter is a biologist and has been talking with fellow science students and her lecturers who say that cats have no consciousness, no sense of who they and their fellow cats are. I really do not believe that. If that was the case, I don't see how kitties like Tolly and Eddie's Sasha would interact with their kitty mates and react to their loss in the way that they do.

Originally Posted by sashacat421

Dearest Beth, Tippy is peaceful and will always watch over you. She'll be there sometimes when you least expect her to be, and you will know it. She was an elegant lady to her last days, wasn't she! Tolly understands and he is a strong boy but it doesn't make it any easier at all, I understand how painful that can be, After Sasha's beloved little brother Freddie was taken at 7 months from FeLV, we came home one night about 2 weeks after...and Sasha was sitting by Freddie's fishing pole banging his head against the wall. It just bottomed me out, I'll never shake that image. Now, Sasha passed at age 14 two Springs ago and went to meet Freddie.... as Tolly will someday, but for now, Tippy's spirit is within you.
So big prayers for peace and (((((hugs)))))) to you. She is a very special angel to have been called in the month of December.
Eddie, you have it exactly right, she was an elegant lady, right until the end. Even on her last afternoon, when she was barely conscious, she looked as if she was sleeping peacefully in her basket by the fire. That must have broken your heart to see Sasha so distressed after Freddie had passed.

She is here sometimes - hubby looked around the corner of the sofa really quickly last night and said "where did Tippy go?". Daughter and I looked at each other surprised and said what do you mean? He said that he heard her scratching the side of the sofa (not one of her most endearing habits
). He was adamant that she was there and then he realised that she couldn't, physically, be there.

Here's hoping that Nakita, Sasha, Freddie and Tippy are in a happy place, stretching in cool grass and feeling the sun on their shoulders

Originally Posted by MarySmith

I'm new to the board and I just read all 10 pages of this thread. I'm so sorry that Tippy has left this earth, she is happy and young and healthy now. I've lost several kitties during my life's journey, so I know the pain you are feeling well. Yes, other pets in the home do know when the time is near and they understand the pain their human family feels. They are so gentle and caring at a time of sickness or loss.
Welcome to the Board! I am sorry that you have lost several kitties too - you are right it is never easy. I was amazed by the tenderness shown by our other kitties.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you - I see from your siggy that you have had a lot of sadness with your Rainbow Bridge kitties, I'm sorry that you have gone through so much. But, on the other hand, you have known the love
Thanks - and there is one missing from there, I lost Tiger a month ago today. In a way, I am not sorry I have gone through so much (although did have a bad day the other day), as I have comfort in knowing that all bar one of those was an oldie, and that some had a home that they wouldnt have had otherwise, so they got a warm, loving home and someone who cared for them, they aren't all that lucky. Plus the love they gave while they were with me.