Tilly is 61 days pregnant help!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A little is okay. A lot is worrisome, but there is blood during delivery.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello sorry for the long wait. Bleeding has stopped and she's had 4 kittens bless her. It's taken her roughly three hours in between each kitten. Only three placentas have come out though? First kitten didn't have a sack wheb it was born but rest of them did. So hopefully she should push the last bits out?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello sorry for the long wait. Bleeding has stopped and she's had 4 kittens bless her. It's taken her roughly three hours in between each kitten. Only three placentas have come out though? First kitten didn't have a sack wheb it was born but rest of them did. So hopefully she should push the last bits out?
Yes, lets hope it comes with the aftercontractions.

You sure you observed the whole time?  Its so easy, you go to the john, and miss the moment when she gets the placenta and soon enough eats it up.

Another possibility, if there were twins, they could sit on the same placenta.  Not that common, but not unheard of either.

Good the bleeding has stopped, and its looks OK, save this uncertainity with the fourth placenta.

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wndered of theu were twins.. Theu look the same and are both very small compared to the other kittens. Think you very one for your help. It's been a very long 12 hours

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wndered of theu were twins.. Theu look the same and are both very small compared to the other kittens. Think you very one for your help. It's been a very long 12 hours
could be twhins yes, sounds so.  If they are small, you must be prepared to give them extra attention, perhaps even supplement feeding.

Be extra careful with weighting them every day, so you see they do gain.   They will prob gain less than their bigger littermates, but they must go plus, at least 6+grammes a day.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats! I'm sure mama kitty is exhausted too. As Stefan said, make sure all are latching and nursing well, particularly the little ones!

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Morning guys!! Kittens are doing great. All feeding beautifully. Tilly is very tired moved her out the box for a couple of mins for milk n food she went back to feed the kittens. I find their markings odd. Theu are all black with white tummy andfaces. Tilly is a spotted tabby and dad was a all over white with small marks of black.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We'd love to see pictures! I'm glad to hear they are all doing well.

A few of the kittens my cat had are odd too. My favorite pattern is a little female she had, that is black but has a white stripe from the tip of her nose to the back of her head, it looks uncanny to a skunk!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Morning guys!! Kittens are doing great. All feeding beautifully. Tilly is very tired moved her out the box for a couple of mins for milk n food she went back to feed the kittens. I find their markings odd. Theu are all black with white tummy andfaces. Tilly is a spotted tabby and dad was a all over white with small marks of black.
Them being tuxedos is not so peculiar, as daddy is having the same colors, even if he has more white.  The odd is, spotted tabby is supposed to be dominant. So at least one of the kitten "should" be a spotted tabby too.   So this result, 4-0  although not impossible, is against the statistics.

But if  there are one-egg twins, its really a 3-0 result.   :)   so its not THAT much against the odds, I mean.  :)

But not impossible some of the tuxedos is also spotted tabby under the coat.  If so You will see it later, perhaps as ghost markings in another light.

The white spots DO cover other markings beneath.  Black does too, but not as decisive.

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Ah col theu seem to have gjost markings. Got them all weighted to today. We have two boys and two girls. We have (in birth order) girl at 114gma. Boy at 109gms girl at 114 again and boy at a whopping 134gms!!! His huge and crazy climbing about lol. Tilly has been feeding them lovely. Wheb theu were all sleeping I picked her up and out her next to her food n water n milk bowl. So she's eaten and drank. She came running back as soon as they started crying.

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We'd love to see pictures! I'm glad to hear they are all doing well.
A few of the kittens my cat had are odd too. My favorite pattern is a little female she had, that is black but has a white stripe from the tip of her nose to the back of her head, it looks uncanny to a skunk!
I saw that little one! I thought the little girllooks like a skunk!! So cute

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't think tilly is wel. She's not really eaten since the kittens or drank. She's had a little bit. Any how I woke upn she wasn't with the kittens she was down stairs. Theu were crying she's all sleepy. Her discharge is still red is that normal?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much discharge are you seeing?

Mom may need to be closed in a room with babies while her hormones finish kicking in. How many placentas did she eat?

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Over 12 hours she's prob had about two tea spoons of discharge. Hard to say as it's on the puppy mat. Only saw three placentas. Was wondering of two kittens are twins. She seems sleepy wonder if she's anaemic?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
spottytillycat spottytillycat

She's exhausted! Do you have KMR? Give mom a dish each day. She needs the calcium. Put her food, both wet and dry, and water, right near the nest.

Cats do spot blood for up to a week after delivery. It should get less each day.

It takes a couple days for new moms to settle in, but she needs to be near her kittens. Are they in a room with a door you can close? Put mom's litter in there too for now.

If she's not better by tomorrow, please call the vet!

Last edited:

spottytillycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea I got kmr. She's not touched much of it today. Same as her food. She jus seems so sleepy m kept wanting to hide under my bed when I brought her up. She's back with kittens now. I shall stsrt to shut my room to keep her in