Tigger's gone!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
omg she looks so different!! I'm glad she's back though and that you can have a great Christmas.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually it is quite common for a lost cat to be beat up or ganged up on when they come home. Sometimes it is just the fact that the cat isn't yours but one that looks remarkably similiar- (sorry but that does happen)But when they come home they bring the scents of the outdoors with them along with their new stress scent. One way to keep the cats on the same playing field is to use either your perfume a scent they are used to, or bathe them all in the same pet shampoo so they smell the same. If you use your perfume, spray it in the air, stick your hands in the spray and then rub briskly. Let dry and pet each cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Hissy, what great tips! How about vanilla extract? I heard somewhere you could put a drop on their noses...

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm..I've never put the vanilla extract on their noses.

I've put it on the side of their face, where they rub things with it and mark their scent and at the base of their tails. Just in case if they feel the need to check out that area.

It's soooooooo fantatastic to hear that Tigger is back home.

Merry Christmas to you, Darrell, Tigger, Kanga and Roo.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tamme, wonderful news. I was really worried that you had to go away not knowing where she was. It sure must have cast a pall on that vacation.

I may have missed this. What was it you did that led to her being returned? Posters? Ads? Its really interesting, and probably helpful for other people with the same sad situation, to know what worked in getting her back home.

And don't you really want to be able to ask her what happened? Where was she when you were looking for her?

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tamme - that is amazing news!!!! I'm so happy that Tigger and you have been reunited.

Poor little angel does look SOOOO thin - hopefully heaps of prawns, tuna, chicken and the like will soon perk her up.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW! She looks so THIN AND SMALL!!! I'm sure with your love,
care, time and TONS of food, she will be "plump" again..

I agree with Hissy about the smells- that's why I asked how Roo and Kanga were acting with her because I knew she'd be smelling differently and that's how cats recognize each other by smell from what I understand. It will take time but I'm sure Roo will accept her.. (I know it must be hard to see Roo not getting along with her though...)

Seeing those pictures made me want to reach out, pet her and hug her. I am so happy you got her back!!

Again, how did the neighbors catch her? Did she just walk up to them? Did they have to coax her to them? How long did it take for them to get her in?

Well, ENJOY your GREAT CHRISTMAS with ALL of your babies (especially Tigger).

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She sure looks a little on the thin site now . But I know with your tlc she will be back as her old self again in no time .

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww - She does look tinier . Poor thing had a rough time out there in the big world. I love her cute double chin in your siggy picture, lol.
She's such a beautiful cat!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Tigger does look so tiny! Poor little girl, she's really been through it!

Vanilla does work, and you put a bit under the chin and at the base of the tail on all of the cats so they all smell the same no matter where they sniff.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sammie5
I may have missed this. What was it you did that led to her being returned? Posters? Ads? Its really interesting, and probably helpful for other people with the same sad situation, to know what worked in getting her back home.

And don't you really want to be able to ask her what happened? Where was she when you were looking for her?
I put out colored posters of her door-to-door. When the people saw the poster they said "Watch her come here" because they've got four inside/outside cats and they keep food outside for them. Two weeks later they saw her in their backyard and caught her. But they had lost the poster by this time but luckily Tigger still had her collar on and they used the number on that to call us.

tamme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm making Christmas cards with my cats on the front...do you think that's enough? Perhaps I should do more... they wouldn't accept our reward... Any ideas? A basket is a nice idea...

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about some little cat toys for thier cats? They would probably enjoy those is they are cat lovers

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second the cat toys/treats idea. I'm sure that they would accept things for their cats rather than themselves being the selfless people that they are.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh happy day! I think this is the first xmas miracle! I'm so glad that Tiggers home! I've been following this since the first post and I'm so relieved! I'd be a wreck if that happened to me! I'm so happy for you!

sid_the_cat_man

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Far Northern suburb of Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tamme,

Sorry this is a little late, but I haven't been posting recently due to being extremely busy at work and being sick.

I would like to express my extreme happiness for you and Tigger and I'm so glad that you have had her returned to you. I'm sure it's the best Christmas present you could ever ask for. I'm so happy for you. Have a Wonderful Holiday season, now that Tigger is home!!