TICA Show - Cage Size Confusion

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

I'd probably go for the use of an antibacterial before petting. I know a lot of breeders do that.
The problem with that stuff is that it isn't very effective against viruses. Most exhibitors at cat shows won't let any spectators touch their cats. But to each their own. I can't afford to put any of my cats at risk.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've sat at numerous cat shows watching when people come down the isles and poke their fingers in cage after cage. I've told them politely they shouldn't do that without permission as it can spread germs from one to the other. I got lots of dirty looks too.

That's why we usually benched with friends to keep an eye on each other's cats.

A long time ago there were mean people (or jealous ones) in the show hall that would pour antifreeze (a few drops) in unattended competitors cages in the water cups! I'm not joking. They were that unethical to kill another's cat so they would win.

People were told that if you kept water in the cages to put it in the far back. I never took the chance. I offered my cats water a few times a day and never kept water or uneaten food in my cages. That was another reason to bench with friends!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Years Eve show is tomorrow (well all weekend). They also had the show today but I'm only doing Saturday and Sunday. I'm really excited! Hope and Autumn will be in the HHP section. Meeka was going to be there as a pal for my other kitties but she had to go to the breeders.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always tell people not to stick their fingers in the cages. We used to use the plastic fronts, but we find the Persians get too hot.

At the end of the show, my cats are allowed to have cuddles with the public.