Thursday DT

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is pretty cold here this morning too. When I looked out my window, there was frost on my car! But soon it will be near 70 degrees and I love that kind of weather. We really need rain. Haven't had any in 29 days and we're in a severe drought. Hopefully we'll get lots of snow this year.

I woke up to Peaches at the side of my bed on her hind legs, gently pawing at the top of the bed. She wanted me to pick her up and put her on the bed! Silly girl! Carmella soon joined us and she was purring so loud I couldn't get back to sleep. And sleep was rare last night. I started some new medication that made it hard for me to sleep. And believe me, that's unusual! I usually have a hard time staying awake!

I haven't had any luck on the job search. I've found some I'm interested in but have not heard back from anyone.

My car is also on my mind this morning. I can't believe how long this has been dragged out. My attorney has emailed the Claims management (hired by WalMart) 5 times since a week ago and surprise, surprise! They don't answer. This is what I've been going through for 3 months. Well, they're the ones that will have to pay a huge bill for the rental car!

I sent my daughter, Emily, a package that she should have gotten yesterday or today. She's the one on an LDS mission and she is now in Queen Creek Arizona. Anyway, the package had some jeans, a shirt, film, candy corn, smarties, kettle corn (her favorite), and sponge Bob Square pants slippers! Oh... and pictures of her fursisters!
I hope she likes it.

Whoa! This has turned out to be too long! Sorry! Guess I have a lot on my mind today!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tammie, don't apologise for making a long post! We like to hear what is up with you and everyone else!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tammie - what's an LDS mission? And how cool of a mom are you? I traveled a lot for college, and I was lucky to get a letter! My parents might be sweet - but I guess they believed in us taking care of ourselves or something.

And I haven't been around much lately, so how wonderful is that for you to be talking about Peaches and Carmella snuggling up.....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And Amy, I feel so bad for that poor guy. All of Chicago hates him for making the Cubbies loose, when their own stupid errors are to blame. I think at least 80% of the fans had they been in his spot then would have done the same thing. He wasn't the only fan trying to catch that ball.

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I've never posted in one of these threads before, so i guess I'll start today.

I'm sick as all hell this morning and I have a long day ahead of me. 12 to 8:30 of standing on my feet ALL day. I'm sick and I DON'T want to go to work. Can't really call in as I've only been there 2 weeks. Ugh.

Today is going to be slightly cooler than yesterday, a high of 85. Nice this morning though, 64F. Wish it was like this all the time.

Other than work, Ive just been contacted by a gaming company to throw together a site for them. That should be cool, I enjoy doing site design.

I've been keeping two journals now, one on LiveJournal, the other, DeadJournal. One for personal stuff, and the other for my "darker, bitchier, blunt" side. I like it. Haha.

Rob is still sleeping, wish I could join him. Heck, even Ash is still sleeping. *sigh* I'm so tired right now. *drags her happy a** to work anyway*

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sylent Rayne, I hope you can get through work ok. Have a cup of coffee, or two! I've logged onto yahoo messenger a few times lately and looked for you but you were not available (sleeping or away). So I missed chatting with ya!

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LiveJournal and DeadJournal are run on the same code, LJ was first, and DJ a rip. Live/Dead. That's all the difference. Same Coding, so same modifications and customability.

I keep the LJ for daily stuff and talking about my life, where I keep the DJ to talk about stupid customers and depressed thoughts and such.

I haven't been able to chat much as I have been going to bed at about midnight (coming home at 11pm) and then getting up to go to work the next morning.

I'm seriously thinking about calling in. I really don't feel well. Rob says I look like utter crap.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you better then. I had a little bug for about 4 days last week. Very tired and , uhhhmmm ummm, the runs. You need to take care of yourself first. And I'm sure your coworkers don't want to get sick!

kidsncats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The guy that caught the foul ball in the Cubbies/Marlins game 6 apparently had to change his phone number. He had to call into work, and publicly apologized to the Cubs. He also released a press statement apologizing. Poor guy. It really wasn't his fault. Cubs just plain old choked. Sigh, I really thought they were going to do it last night after Kerry Woods' homer. Oh well, GO RED SOX!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cubbies left Kerry Woods in one inning too long (IMO). I requested the "A Dying Cub Fan's Last Request" song by Steve Goodman from our morning DJ and he just laughed and said he didn't have it, but how appropriate it would be to play! I wonder how many times it aired on Chicago radio this morning!?!?!

I fell so sorry for the fan that is being martyred for trying to catch the foul ball. Cubs lost 3 games on their own without his help, so how can a city blame one guy?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most of you know how I have been spending my morning!

There are some somber issues though, a new feral has shown up, and if this isn't a Marbled Bengal, I will eat my hat! Gorgeous coat, she is in rough rough shape and so wild I can't even get close to her. She is very sick and moves in an unsteady gait showing up only in the late hours of the night.

My sister's bone cancer is back. She has to have another surgery and 6 more weeks of chemo. For those who may not know, Nancy also rescues ferals. She got bit here about a year ago, on her wrist, and treated it the regular way she treats all bites. But the swelling did not go away, bothered her for months, so she finally went in and they x-rayed and found a cat's tooth in her bone! When they went in to remove the tooth, they found the cancer. My mom blames the cats, she called me the other day asking me to stop working with them. I see it another way, this cat may have saved Nancy's life, had she not been bit, who knows how long she would have gone undetected?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm repling to a few threads!

and then i'm off to catch a school bus!

KIMMY! Congrats on being preggers girl! *hugs*

i hope everyone has a nice day!

hugs and

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I've kept Nancy in my prayers - I remember that bite. Being that cats don't cause cancer, I'd have to say that this strange twist of fate may have helped save her life. It is exactly things like this that make me believe everything happens for a reason whether we understand it at the time or not.

I'm so sorry the cancer is back and will keep Nancy in my prayers.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hissy - I am so sorry about your sister. I am sending out positive vibes to her. I agree, if it wasn't for the cat bite, then the bone cancer wouldn't have been detected. Fate is funny that way.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations JellyBelly-- hope all goes well !
I personally didn't want to come to work either today, I was off Tues and Wed, so it made it really hard to crawl out of bed and get going this morning...Oh well, two more days and I'll be off again for one] ...Sighs, looks for another reason to keep sitting here trying to look busy

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hissy, I'm sorry to hear about your sister. But I agree, the cat bit probably saved her life. I'll keep her, you and your family in my thoughts.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Most of you know how I have been spending my morning!

There are some somber issues though, a new feral has shown up, and if this isn't a Marbled Bengal, I will eat my hat! Gorgeous coat, she is in rough rough shape and so wild I can't even get close to her. She is very sick and moves in an unsteady gait showing up only in the late hours of the night.

My sister's bone cancer is back. She has to have another surgery and 6 more weeks of chemo. For those who may not know, Nancy also rescues ferals. She got bit here about a year ago, on her wrist, and treated it the regular way she treats all bites. But the swelling did not go away, bothered her for months, so she finally went in and they x-rayed and found a cat's tooth in her bone! When they went in to remove the tooth, they found the cancer. My mom blames the cats, she called me the other day asking me to stop working with them. I see it another way, this cat may have saved Nancy's life, had she not been bit, who knows how long she would have gone undetected?
Hissy, I'd love to see you eat your hat!
That would sure lighten things up, huh?

I'm sorry to hear about your sister and she'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I like your outlook on the ferals saving your sisters life. That's very positive and probably the truth!