This thread is to make Hope feel better

emmysamson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mother in law got me a USED chia pet.....as if a new one wouldn't have been bad enough, but this was used, and she put some cheap packets of seeds with it, and the seed packets were already opened!! It promptly went into the trash! Another year, she "bought" me a beautiful tablecloth, that I found out actually belonged to my sister in law. Imagine my shock when she came over to my house one year that she was visiting (she's from Florida) and saw it on my table, and told me that! Of course, I gave it back to her, since it was given to me without her knowledge or consent!

When my brother was 9, my grandmother gave him a pair of Underoos for his birthday(remember them? They were undergarments with different designs on them.) Not bad, except they were WONDER WOMAN Underoos!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Of course, I gave it back to her, since it was given to me without her knowledge or consent!
I'm just howling over some of these gifts! We gotta have a competition here!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year, it was around christmas, and I had stopped by my grandmas to pick up her car, as my dad and I were driving it to Florida for her. She said wait, here is you christmas gift, don't open it...
So I bring it home, open it, and start laughting. Stuffed inside of an empty kleenex box are two christmas mugs. I remember seeing them in her house since I was about 7 years old! Also there were some chocolate bars that I guess she wanted to get rid of.
I still have the mugs- whenever I look at the mugs and think of this I laugh.. She really does mean well... but jeez.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know...between the stridex and the stolen tablecloth...I can't compete on this thread!

Keep it up, these have me laughing!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One year when I was a kid, my brother got me 10 bags of M&Ms, a toothbrush and toothpaste.

LOL One year my Mom asked my Dad what he wanted for Christmas, and he said a box of Kotex. So my mom and I got the biggest box we could find. There must have been 100 sanitary napkins in that box!

And one year, my Mom got my brother a big, ugly, yellow rubber jumpsuit as a gag

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

One year when I was a kid, my brother got me 10 bags of M&Ms, a toothbrush and toothpaste.
actually, this doesn't sound like that bad of a present...i mean CHOCOLATE!
and you can always use a new toothbrush

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

And a friend once gave me a ceramic Mickey Mouse holder for kitchen utensils. Unbelievably horrid. Sorry all Mickey fans.
Well, if someone had a relevant theme going in their kitchen (Disney, retro cartoons, whatever), I could see that, I suppose ... but even though I'm a Mickey fan, I think I'd have to find some other use for that gift.
It'd look a bit out of place in my kitchen.

Seems like most of these fall into three classes:

1. Obviously cheap (or, in the case of the tablecloth, STOLEN) or
2. Thoughtless (chocolates for the person who doesn't like chocolate, etc.) or
3. Mean-spirited. (Lard? Stridex? Cellulite cream?)

Keep 'em coming, guys.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago I was dating a guy who was pretty clueless. I kept hinting how much I love flowers and how nice it would be to get some. He bought be a rose bush. It had no flowers on it. It died within 3 days.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well here it is folks. I am not sure but I think this would be in the running for the "Tackiest" gift of all. When I was little a friend of the family gave me a matchbox of toenail clippings
He thought it was funny cause I used to chew my finger nails. Sick B@$%@&d

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondiecat

Well here it is folks. I am not sure but I think this would be in the running for the "Tackiest" gift of all. When I was little a friend of the family gave me a matchbox of toenail clippings
Ok, Cathi, you win. That is the absolutely tawckiest thing I have ever heard of!!!! Poor you!!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG toenail clippings?!!! Ewwww...way, way beyond tacky. Now we're into psycho freaky creepy territory!

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 10 Cats

Years ago I was dating a guy who was pretty clueless. I kept hinting how much I love flowers and how nice it would be to get some. He bought be a rose bush. It had no flowers on it. It died within 3 days.
awww bless, thats quite sweet|!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by blondiecat

These last few replies made me forget what this thread was about.
You win Cathi. That was a really sick gift to receive. ::censor::censor::censor::