This thread is to make Hope feel better

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Come on gang, share your tackiest gift you ever received with all of us-

For me it was a $1.00 scratcher, not wrapped, but put in an envelope and dropped inside my mailbox (no stamp) It also wasn't a winner

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A trial size Avon hand lotion that cost .99 cents, but the person who gave it to me sold Avon at the time, so got a discount on that 99 cents.
At least it was wrapped!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine wouldn't have been a bad gift for someone else, but it was for me. Last year, my sister gave me a basket with little jars of various jellies and jams. Sounds OK, except that I don't like fruit and I don't eat jams or jellies (they have a consistency that I have issues with). And it was my sister, who at least should have darn well known that I have never eaten this stuff in my life! We grew up together for crying out loud!!! Since she really does not like chocolate at all, I thought about getting her a nice box of chocolates this year as payback.
But I didn't, I got her something nice and useful.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When DH and I were dating we got matching shirts. More expensive than VO5, Hope, but it was very painful.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Umm....a knock off Barbie (her heads, forearms, and shins were all that was plastic. The rest was bean stuffed cloth. Oh and I was 15 at the time. Then I also was given (at 16) a half porcelin half beanie stuffed Snow White doll, and one of her eyes had the eyelashes glued on upside down. Oh and the 'bust' of the doll was baggy, so I stuffed her with bubblewrap!

Mom once got a wallhanging thing made from plastic spoons! The spiraled out from a center and had a face on it. And the outside had a crochet lacy frilly thing that was a nasty shade of yellow. She used it the next year for a gag gift game.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My aunt once got me a nail polish kit from the dollar store for my birthday, after I had asked for ice fishing supplies!...

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, but I love that dancin' hamster!!!

Hmmm, tackiest gift ever? The calendar chapstick from Avon I got EVERY year in grade school from my grandmother. She always bought three, one for each of the grandkids

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From my mother, who I have a crappy relationship to begin with
... A cheap, scratchy, frilly, ugly grandma nighty with a huge floral print, up to my neck and down to my ankles... when I was 18 years old. ANY gift would have been better.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A Puss in Boots pop-up book from my Great Grandfather.

I was 13 or 14 at the time!!!! Not to mention he also gave my brother a pop-up book (but Hansel & Gretel) who was 2 or 3 at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atleast he knew I liked cats.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i wish i had a tacky gift to post, simply to make Hope feel better, but i'm fortunate enough never to have received one...except in a gag gift exchange! my sympathies &
to those of you who have...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of our wedding gifts: a cheap purple plactic tray holding a dozen glasses that you got for free when from a gas station when you filled up. All nicely wrapped in clear cellophane.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tackiest gift I've ever gotten was nothing, from someone who made a point to get me nothing, but to get mutual friends something very nice.