This isnt right......................

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalsmum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just re-red it, and they are selling what they have collected but i still feel this is wrong that they are exploiting bengal cats fur or something......

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I had to laugh at the atempt they are even making! Why on earth would someone try to sell cat hair? Who wuld buy cat hair! I will send them Phenom's sheded fur for free! LOL
On a serious note: There is something wrong with this person!!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know of these people - they actually breed Bengals and had a littler of 8 kittens some time ago when I was looking for cats while in the UK still. They do actually take very good care of their animals.... I don't think there's anything wrong with selling the cat fur that's been shed naturally... it's not like they're skinning the cat, after all, but it isn't what i'd consider a "normal" item to sell - they do seem to be missing something important between their ears! Most people will see that and either laugh, or do precisely what you're doing, which is say "What on earth?"

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I don't think there's anything morally wrong with it... but it is really strange.

Then again, if someone was actually willing to give you money for your cat's hair, wouldn't you sell it too? It would be pretty easy money!

I once knew someone who used to sell her rabbit's poop on eBay (as fertilizer)... she made a good amount of money doing that.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you should see my sofa.... if cat hair sells, I'm in the moneeeeey, I'm in the moneeeeeey!! If I were a rich man, da da da da da da da da da da da da da da da!

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't see anything wrong with it. If you will notice, it is in the category of "test auctions." Some times people just want to test how their HTML and other aspects of their page design is going to work out and they just put something goofy up as their test page. Sometimes, too, something a bit goofy or downright outrageous will be used as a drawing card to get people to look at one's other auctions. A few years ago when I was actively marketing my patchwork clothing on eBay, those of us on the eBay clothing and accessories message board would periodically have a competition where those who wished to do so would enter something goofy as a listing. Then whoever got the highest bid on their goofy listing won the contest. The only thing I ever entered was a mug shaped like a toilet, which I advertised as a gag gift for "potty mouth." But I could easily see putting cat hair in the contest. Advertise it as an offering for the birds to assist their nest building. Sounds like just harmless fun to me.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ummmm...I wonder how much theyre selling?
Or if theyll entertain a trade....niles hair for bengal hair?
weird.

aries

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
a book where this endangered animal sanctuary saved hair shed from tigers and lions, etc. and had sweaters made from it for a fundraising project.

It could be worse! Maybe they have discovered that ingesting a few cat hairs each day has some magical healing properties. No wait, I'd already be healed then...

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aries

a book where this endangered animal sanctuary saved hair shed from tigers and lions, etc. and had sweaters made from it for a fundraising project.

It could be worse! Maybe they have discovered that ingesting a few cat hairs each day has some magical healing properties. No wait, I'd already be healed then...
Me too, I'd be immortal by now.

Sounds to me like someone is just having a bit of fun. Weird fun ... but hey, a little weirdness can really liven things up.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont see anything wrong with it. And i have seen odder on Ebay..

the superbowl hotdog

lint..

ect lol

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For many years, people have collected hair from their pets, spun it into yarn and knitted/crocheted garments from it. This is particularly successful with Afghan hounds and other long-haired dogs - so, why not cats?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

I wonder if its a joke. Then again, there was this grilled cheese sandwich...
That's what I'm wondering too.

You really can buy everything on eBay...