Think its hot, where you are?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont think its hot, I KNOW its hot!
my kitty and bunny just keep on flopping over and have no movement to run around... its currently 30 degrees in my appartment, i just went down to the basement to get some washing and i was just thinking that im going to move down there for the summer because its nice and cool!

its apparently going to rain over the weekedn and today.. but you see.. the clouds have gone to england it seems.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ackkk it's still 32 degrees in London... they said that we might get thunder and rain later but looking outside, the sky is still blue and hazy.

Tis humid...

eva-loves-cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its been a horrible week here ranging from 30c plus, and averages around 35c. Both me and my fiance and all our cats are very fed up and hating it. Its impossible to enjoy it as there is no breeze or anything. It feels like you can't breath and our house is like a sauna....I did not ask for a huge personal sauna

We are all un happy and can not wait for it to rain and get cooler. Its hard to sleep as its so hot and most of our windows are glued shut thanks to this stupid rented property. The hottest room in the house is our bedroom/study, so right now we sleep and sit in the coolest room although thats still hot.I can't wait till I can sleep in my own bed and spend more than 10 mins on the computer without feeling like a fried egg.

*wishes it would rain*wishes it would rain*wishes it would rain*wishes wishes*

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

We were just talking about Glastonbury when a few years ago when it rained for days and they were caked in mud!
Ahhh yes....

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was 20c when I was driving to work this morning, and we've just had a lovely big storm to give a wonderful fresh breeze! I'm not sure how we explain to my boss that we got no work done because we were watching the lightening though

How do other UK cats cope with our summers? I'm constantly worrying that mine will be too hot, but it seems they're ok in the US!

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Purity (another UK'er)

Guinness copes by sleeping on top or under my shrubs in the garden! Or he will find a cool spot in the hallway and flop out. I do worry that he gets too hot because he is all black, which is meant to suck in the heat...

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Gilly

I did feel for all you Londoners over the weekend, it was bad enough here and I'm literally a 5 minute walk from the beach, I don't think I could have coped with the tube!

My kittens will be strictly indoor, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be ok (what with some of the great 'how to keep cool' threads on here!).

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gilly, i've had to get them through to have a look after weve been talking about it!

Rosie and Sophie love to lie in the kitchen or on the hallway upstairs which is where the sun streams through on an afternoon, but when it gets too hot they go into their room where it's cooler and just crash out on the floor.

It has shattered them though, but i always make sure all the windows and bedroom doors are open to let a breeze through

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Gilly, i've had to get them through to have a look after weve been talking about it!
If you Google "Glastonbury mud" and click on images theres quite a few!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Rosie and Sophie love to lie in the kitchen or on the hallway upstairs which is where the sun streams through on an afternoon, but when it gets too hot they go into their room where it's cooler and just crash out on the floor.

It has shattered them though, but i always make sure all the windows and bedroom doors are open to let a breeze through
Do you not have a problem with the cats trying to get out of windows?

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made some screens to fit over the windows, so the cats can have a breeze, without being invaded by the neighbours (the cats next door!).

I have watched Milly this week, lying in the sun. She gets too hot every so often, so she jumps down from the window and lies on a wooden cupboard to cool off!

Sue

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh it's on it's way to London

The sky has suddenly turned black and there is a hint of torrential rain in the air.....