Things Canadians are proud of...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, and Casey and Finnegan were my preschool mentors.
Originally Posted by joanne511

OMG, Mr. Dress up! I grew up in Washington State and we got CBC on cable as well as a couple other imported Canadian stuff. My brother loved watching that show. I forgot about it.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks E! And of course, Washington state is one beautiful place to live, and you can't beat Seattle for culture.

The BC interior is amazing... I spent a couple of my formative years there. Castlegar, to be precise. Well, more like on the side of a mountain.
We had clouds float through our shabby little house and bears used to eat from the cherry trees in the backyard.

Though I would agree many of the people here are no-nonsense, many Ontarioans (esp. Torontonians) are very passive agressive (can't stand it!). In that sense, I still consider myself an Albertan because I'm very much a straight shooter.
But a left-leaning one!

Originally Posted by sashacat421

I LOVE CANADA. I would move to British Columbia and live in Vancouver in a heartbeat or go inland to the interior a bit. Canadian's are just the friendliest, most no-nonsense people. Your country is truly wonderful and I have nothing but respect for our friends to the north.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Yeah... I definitely say "aboot".
I think it's time for me to go back to Alberta. Although Ontario pasttimes don't include "cow tipping" and "gopher shoots". Eh, Ash?

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Thanks E! And of course, Washington state is one beautiful place to live, and you can't beat Seattle for culture.

The BC interior is amazing... I spent a couple of my formative years there. Castlegar, to be precise. Well, more like on the side of a mountain.
We had clouds float through our shabby little house and bears used to eat from the cherry trees in the backyard.

Though I would agree many of the people here are no-nonsense, many Ontarioans (esp. Torontonians) are very passive agressive (can't stand it!). In that sense, I still consider myself an Albertan because I'm very much a straight shooter.
But a left-leaning one!
YAY for Albertans!!!!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm one of the westerners that says "about" instead of "aboot" (now if only certain Americans could realize that not ALL Canadians say "aboot")

Canadians are also proud of giving America some of the best comedians, like Bill Murray, Jim Carrey, and Mike Myers!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely, we've got FANTASTIC comedians here! I actually mentioned Mike Myers in another thread. And Jim Carrey is awesome... I actually really liked him in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", a bit more of a serious role for him.

Actually, I never knew that was an American concept...
I just know lots of people here in Ontario actually say it (including me!), though I'm positive I never said it while growing up in Alberta.

We have some distinct accents here, that's for sure.
You can definitely tell the difference between a Maritimer and an Ontarioan. Or Quebecois and Albertans. I remember when I moved to Ontario, people told me I had an accent... and I remember while visiting Alberta this summer how different people sound from what I'm now accustomed to. How cool is that!
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dog

I'm one of the westerners that says "about" instead of "aboot" (now if only certain Americans could realize that not ALL Canadians say "aboot")

Canadians are also proud of giving America some of the best comedians, like Bill Murray, Jim Carrey, and Mike Myers!