TheCatSite.com is now on Tapatalk!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Doesn't work well for me.... Does not open "new topics", or "unread threads" on TCS (it does on ECF, for example, so I am not sure if TCS for Tapatalk has a problem at this point). Search is not setup yet. Sometimes the forum works for me, sometimes it doesn't.... Weird... ECF works all the time.... I will keep trying, the application seems pretty clean.... Ah, PMs are not working either - it says I don't have security permission for it?? So it is completely limited to the forums for now.
The mobile site is not good at all, I have to say - It is very, VERY slow, so to me on the road this is going to be the only way to be connected - I hope with time it starts working better... There is no possible way to use the mobile site anymore IMHO - I just don't have the patience to wait for the pages to load.... The old TCS was way faster....
Carolina, could you please provide me with a few more details. Do the problems you reported occur on Tapatalk or when browsing on your phone with a browser application. As far as I can tell, and I'm new to Tapatalk, there's no way to send PM's there or run searches? Is that a feature that you have on the ECF Tapatalk?

If you could please separate between issues with Tapatalk issues and issues relating to browsing the forums on your phone browser, that would really help. Please also let me know what phone you're using.

Thanks!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina, could you please provide me with a few more details. Do the problems you reported occur on TapatalkTapatalk or when browsing on your phone with a browser application. As far as I can tell, and I'm new to Tapatalk, there's no way to send PM's there or run searches? I am logged in on ECF (as Tricia explained, e-cigarette forum, as I want to explain what works there, vs TCS  Is that a feature that you have on the ECF Tapatalk? - Yes - You click on the mailbox icon/PM on ECF, and it sends you to the PM folder - you can then go to the inbox or sent messages. As far as search goes, they have 2 choices: search topics, and search posts - both working.
The issue of using TCS now in my phone outside of Tapatalk is that it is dreadfully slow - So slow I can't do it.... It takes forever to load the pages.... Also, the dropdown menus are not working, so no luck for me on new posts and such...

Anyways, hope it helps on the Tapatalk info - :wavey:

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's definitely working for me, Rigel. It is stable and solid, yet fairly simple. I guess you could say, functional. It lets you browser, read and reply, with ease. It does cost $2.99 but it also allows you to access thousands of other forums, not just TCS (I know, I know, we only need TCS ;) but I figured I'd mention that, as the price covers a lot more than access to TCS).
Yes I only need TCS!...:clap:..:bigthumb:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm completely new to Tapatalk, having downloaded it yesterday from the Android market; phone is an HTC, but I can see some of what Carolina is saying. Comparing the two forums, ECF and TCS, this is what I see:

ECF: tabs at the top for Latest (with subcategories Unread, All, Participated, all working for me), Forums, Favorites (all my subscribed stuff, PM (subcategories Inbox, Sent Items; working for me), More (with subcategories Profile, Who's Online, Search)

TCS: tabs at the top for Latest (with subcategories Unread, All, Participated; I don't have anything under Unread, but I used "Mark all forums read" right after the switchover; the other two are working fine), Forums (with subcategories By Category and By Name, both working), Favorites (with subcategories Forums and Topics; all my subscribed stuff is showing up there, meaning forums and threads), More (subcategories Profile and Who's Online; no Search)

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Tricia, is your PM icon on the TCS forum working like it is on the ECF forum? I noticed you didn't list a PM icon for TCS... I can send a PM if I go to the forum, to the Cat Lounge for example, click on a thread, then send a PM to that person-the thread, or OP (or delete her/his name and type someone else), but not from the Tapatalk start page like on the ECF forum...

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Tricia, is your PM icon on the TCS forum working like it is on the ECF forum? I noticed you didn't list a PM icon for TCS... I can send a PM if I go to the forum, to the Cat Lounge for example, click on a thread, then send a PM to that person-the thread, or OP (or delete her/his name and type someone else), but not from the Tapatalk start page like on the ECF forum...

Sent from my BlackBerry 8900 using Tapatalk
That's exactly how it's working for me. I don't have a PM icon for TCS.

Last edited:

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will post shortly on my issues/differences with tapatalk that I see between the 2 forums I have on mine. I think the other is working properly but am noticing TCS doesn't show the same way.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for all the feedback - I am taking notes and we'll see what we can do to improve user experience for TCS on Tapatalk!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Carolina, is the PM icon there but giving you the permissions error message, or is it not there at all?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carolina, is the PM icon there but giving you the permissions error message, or is it not there at all?
It's there but giving me the permission error code (TCS) -

For ECF, it is there, and works fine, taking me to Inbox and sent folders :)

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It's there but giving me the permission error code (TCS) -
For ECF, it is there, and works fine, taking me to Inbox and sent folders :)
Thanks for clarifying! Will look into this and see if it can be fixed. I'm afraid TCS on Tapatalk will remain quite basic though. I asked our friends at Huddler and apparently Tapatalk is the solution we'll be using only until Huddler creates a stable quality mobile version for the sites.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm afraid "what you see is what you get" in this case. TCS on Tapatalk offers basic functionality - you can browse the board, read posts and reply to them. PMs are not officially supported, so it's not a permissions issue but a problem with how Tapatalk handles something which isn't configured to be used.

Sorry about that - hopefully we will have a much better mobile version in the future!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With it on my Tapatalk app, the other board I am on, I am able to see posts under "Unread". On TCS, I have to go to "All" to see a few threads but not all that haven't been viewed yet. Nothing ever shows up under the "Unread" tab. Now that you've confirmed the PM thing doesn't work like other forums, I don't need to include that.:)

lauren_miller

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I can't get the forum to work at all on my phone, I keep getting an error message that says: Failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists. All of my other forums are working just fine.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So I can't get the forum to work at all on my phone, I keep getting an error message that says: Failed to connect to forum, please check with the forum administrator if this problem persists. All of my other forums are working just fine.
I've had a report from another user about this. Tried it right now and it's working fine for me so I'm wondering if this may have been a temporary issue. Please let me know if you're still unable to get to TCS on Tapatalk - thanks!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If this is still happening, could you please let me know which phone you're using?

Thanks!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I haven't had any issues with Tapatalk. Might be best to contact the app developer?
It may very well be something on Tapatalk's end, but we need to check all options. :)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Tapatalk has been "overhauled", but you may have to uninstall and reinstall it. I don't know if the PM notification function is working, but "Latest", "Forums", "Favorites", and "More" (Profile and Who's Online) are.