The "what's On Your Mind?" Thread -2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandpa did. He was in the hospital after a fall and nurses fed him apple sauce lying down. He aspirated, got pneumonia, and that was the beginning of the end. The Alzheimer's was already bad, but he kept going downhill, getting sick over and over.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So my nose piercing is infected. One of the nurses I work with looked at it and gave me a few things (alcohol wipes to clean stud and ointment for the infection) to help. Then after a few days she said to go to the doctor or my piercer to have them look at it.

I don't think it's a bad infection. It's not oozing or super red. There's an almost see-through yellow crust around the area, but that's about it other than some mild redness.

I might have to pick the crust off in order to get the stud in and out to clean both the stud and the area. I don't think I'll be able to see the hole through the crust.

All this because I got it caught on a hoodie last month and a simple pustule turned into this crap. Could have sworn the itching meant healing but I guess not always...

At least the nurse here was nice enough to give it a look and give me a little baggie of a few things for free. I didn't even ask or expect it.

My supervisor is still on the rampage. It's like I can't do anything right anymore and her new mission in life is to make this place even more miserable. Idk if it's just me or if she is being the Grinch to everyone. My friend here said she was in a horrible mood last week and took it out on them, so maybe not just me. Like yeesh, what crawled up your butt? When my boss of all people is the nice one then you know this place has finally gone to hell.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I was a waitress, I had a shift manager who I swear was a demon in disguise. There's no other way to explain how evil he was. I will never forget it. He was the meanest person I ever met, even meaner than my mother, and that's hard to do.
Dang that must have been terrible to deal with everyday at work. My supervisor used to be nice to me, but this entire month it's like she suddenly decided to be the least enjoyable to be around.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a waitress, I had a shift manager who I swear was a demon in disguise.
This reminds me of a lady who was at the bus stop. My son and her's were friends, but I swore she thought I was the Devil. One day my son mentioned this to her son, and his reply "No she doesn't, she thinks your mom is a demon".
I was rolling when my son told me this.
This wasn't a joke since his mom was a zealot.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My supervisor is still on the rampage. It's like I can't do anything right anymore and her new mission in life is to make this place even more miserable. Idk if it's just me or if she is being the Grinch to everyone. My friend here said she was in a horrible mood last week and took it out on them, so maybe not just me. Like yeesh, what crawled up your butt? When my boss of all people is the nice one then you know this place has finally gone to hell.
Hope your infection heals up fast!

Managers like that are so stressful. :( I'm sorry you are dealing with that right now. At one of my internships, I had one of those. She kept telling me not to work so hard, while her manager and manager and workers from other areas praised me for my hard work and told me they were impressed. She was very unhappy with her job and felt taken advantage of because she was very detail oriented and some of her coworkers were not. There were days I'd come in and start the routine with her, but she was stressed out and snapped at me to stop so she could get herself organized. So when she was in that mood, I told her to let me know what she wanted me to do because I could tell she was stressed and basically if I tried to make a move she'd snap. On my review she wrote that I needed to show more initiative and anticipate what needs to be done and do it. I'm like, excuse me!! You know I started asking you what you wanted me to do because I could tell you were having a bad mood day and didn't want to deal with you snapping at me! Grrr. I was determined to finish the 3 month internship out, but I now realize it is okay to walk away if it is harmful to my mental or physical health.

Were you the one also looking for a new job to switch to? Any luck yet?

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
They told me that it's probably a virus.

The doctor said everything looks good except for my elevated heart rate. They gave me Tylenol and took a swob of the back of my throat then told me I'm free to leave.

My temperature also dropped while I was there. My heart rate was 136 bpm. But it's always like that when I go to the hospital because of my anxiety.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope your infection heals up fast!

Managers like that are so stressful. :( I'm sorry you are dealing with that right now. At one of my internships, I had one of those. She kept telling me not to work so hard, while her manager and manager and workers from other areas praised me for my hard work and told me they were impressed. She was very unhappy with her job and felt taken advantage of because she was very detail oriented and some of her coworkers were not. There were days I'd come in and start the routine with her, but she was stressed out and snapped at me to stop so she could get herself organized. So when she was in that mood, I told her to let me know what she wanted me to do because I could tell she was stressed and basically if I tried to make a move she'd snap. On my review she wrote that I needed to show more initiative and anticipate what needs to be done and do it. I'm like, excuse me!! You know I started asking you what you wanted me to do because I could tell you were having a bad mood day and didn't want to deal with you snapping at me! Grrr. I was determined to finish the 3 month internship out, but I now realize it is okay to walk away if it is harmful to my mental or physical health.

Were you the one also looking for a new job to switch to? Any luck yet?
Thanks, me too.

Yeah :/ She could just be extra stressed this month or something is going on in her personal life. Either way, I avoid her like the plague, which I have never done because we've always gotten along so well. Now I'm starting to see the side everyone else experiences I guess. Your manager sounded like someone you'd walk around eggshells with. That must have been so frickin stressful.

Yeah, I'm currently on the hunt for a new job. I think I'm going to start with the church across the street from the hospital. It's a huge building, so I'm just going to go over and straight-up ask one of the housekeepers if they have any openings and need another hand. If not, I'll keep looking but that is at least going to be my starting point.

Show Me Your Kitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I did what the nurse told me. I took out my stud and soaked it in the alcohol she gave me (they were prep swabs, but I wrung them out into a little bowl), cleaned the area while the stud took a booze bath and then put it back in before rubbing the ointment she gave me all over the problem area. I'll tell ya one thing, I was sweating bullets the longer my stud was out. I was so worried the hole was gonna close up any minute. And then, I couldn't get it back in at first because I had never done that before and just about panicked thinking it really had closed up lol

But it didn't, and now the stud is clean (though not perfectly clean since I had to touch it to put it back in. My hands were washed but still). Hopefully, it being cleaned will help whatever is going on heal.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Graceful-Lily Graceful-Lily How are you feeling?
Show Me Your Kitties Show Me Your Kitties How is your nose?

When I first had my ears pierced it took a long time for them to heal. Back then only a doc could do it.
You got gold studs and were instructed to leave them in for 2 weeks. My ears were still sore but I put
in a pair of dangly hoops and in a day they were infected. It was determined that I had an allergy to nickel
and most metals except for gold. So I would put clear nail polish on earrings and that bought me a few days
before itching and redness set in. Finally one of the lobes was ripped all the way through so I bought a
pair of gold clips but the back of one of them came off. A plastic surgeon could repair ir but it would cost
about $500.00 last time I checked. I really miss wearing earrings.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha!!! I can't believe someone would tell their child that about a friend's mother. She should have been ashamed of herself.
She told him this because she was explaining to him that other than school and on the bus, they were no longer allowed to be friends and play with each other.
I guess she was trying to protect him from the Demon influence. The thing is, I'm a better person than she will ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.