The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What kind of person would expect a cat tree NOT to have cat hair on it? You also need to find out what the law has to say in your state about managers "inspecting" your home. This sounds ridiculous and intrusive.
these outrageous demands are just that: outrageous demands.
Yes. She has a little authority, and it has gone to her head. She's been warned about "white gloving" before. AND she didn't show today. She will come Tuesday. Maybe. Meanwhile, I'm having to drag out of bed at 8:30 AM AGAIN, which, in my world is about like most of you getting up at 4 AM. We are RD underwritten, and are supposed to be inspected quarterly. These inspections are supposed to make sure we aren't living in squalor or with fire hazards, and to check for maintenance issues. However, I have to live here, at least until PCH knocks on my door (NOT holding my breath, although I do daydream a bit). So I will play her silly little game, and let her have her pitiful authority until. And then I'll step on her like a bug. My Legal Aid lawyer DOES NOT LIKE this woman one bit.

I'm not sure how to respond to the PM, if at all :dunno: Any thoughts fromTCS members on how to handle this? I want to at least point out that the person has been a member of the group for over a year now. I can edit the welcome sticky post to mention this person as the creator of the Lounge forum but part of me is like, is this really an issue to be upset over? :dunno:
Send her the invitation, and don't fret about it. Change the sticky note if you want to...it costs you little, and may shut her up. IF you want to, add a note to the invitation stating something very simple, such as, "Sorry your invitation was overlooked in all the upheaval. You are most welcome." But no more than that.

We're about the same age, 19 years old.
He's old enough to be getting some sort of good sense by now. Go with your instincts, they will very seldom guide you wrong. And you WILL know the difference between your instincts and your issues. Your instincts will put a warm glow in your tummy, your issues will make sore spots in your mind.

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
Sigh. Is it possible to teach an old cat new tricks?

My in-laws sent a gift for the cats. It's an interactive toy thing, there's little cups and a spikey area and squiggles molded in a plastic tray. You put treats in it and the cat has to use his paws to dig the treats out of the cups or push the treats out of the spikes and squiggles. They also sent 3 bags of treats of brands I've never used. Nope, no Temptations.

So I dug the thing out of the box and put it on the floor. Montressor is lying on the bed watching. I ripped open the plastic on one of the bags of treats and before it was fully torn open Montressor was off the bed and meowing loudly for treats. I gave him a couple to make sure he liked them, he gobbled them down and I put them all over the toy. He tried to shove his face into the cups. He tried to shove his face between the spikes. I picked up a paw and he really fought against me trying to put his paw in a cup. I used my finger to bat around a couple of treats in the spiked area. He then tried again to shove his face between the obstacles.

I gave up, gave him a small handful of treats and walked away. Maybe he's just too darn old to learn how to play with the toy.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
I did leave the treats there.

I don't know how to get Midway interested in it though. I'd either have to dump a can of tuna in it (smelly! ick!) or remove all cat food in the house, wait until he's hungry, and put his dinner in it. He has never once eaten a cat treat of any brand.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Murphy doesn't like treats much, either. Sometimes he'll nibble at one. And he battery touches soft food or tuna - no more than a couple bites. He also won't eat any dry food but Purina. He's a very picky little buttface.
So, I found out my tolerance for walking around Wal Mart. About 5 or 10 minutes less than we did. We picked up a few baby things, let Aislyn pick out a toy for her birthday, and got some groceries. I almost couldn't walk to the car. The baby is really low and it hurts my pelvis and hips to walk, not to mention my back. I feel like I'm practically an invalid at this point! But, we got a lasagna, cottage cheese, and garlic bread for dinner. I also picked up some more powerade. I've started substituting that for some of the water I drink to add a few calories. According to the WIC office, I've only gained 2 pounds but they were looking at my weight the first time I came in and I lost several pounds to morning sickness before I started gaining it back. If you start counting from my lowest weight, I'm at 8 pounds or so. Still less than recommended, but everyone is different. The baby is growing fine and I'm not sickly so I don't see any reason to be concerned.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's upset because you didn't nag her to keep posting. If you had she'd be upset about that, as well.
I think so, too :dunno:

I did send her a PM back just saying that I edited the Lounge description to give her credit for starting it on Catster and that all members of the board are welcome to post in any of the forums. She IS a member of the message board (since last year) so she can post in any of the forums but to date has not made a single post. I still don't get the not being invited thing. No invite or approval is needed to post in any forum or to even join the message board. I decided to leave the sticky post alone since it's a general welcome post.

I found a new favorite podcast :yess: It's basically the old classic PBS show Reading Rainbow for adults :woohoo: The best part? Levar Burton is the host of the podcat :clap: The podcast is called Levar Burton Reads. I've already listened to all six of the podcasts. I hope more are published soon.

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
arouetta arouetta , I got one of those for Floppy. She hated it. The pointy stuff is supposed to be for the cat to rub on or clean her teeth on or something and Floppy never did figure that out. She thought the little depressions and bumps were stupid. In short, it was a total dud. I haven't even tried to find it again and see whether Jasmine likes it.

I found a new favorite podcast :yess: It's basically the old classic PBS show Reading Rainbow for adults :woohoo: The best part? Levar Burton is the host of the podcat :clap: The podcast is called Levar Burton Reads. I've already listened to all six of the podcasts. I hope more are published soon.
As a computer geek I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't the foggiest how to listen to podcasts. Do I need some kind of app or something? (In my defense, I'm a computer geek with a missing decade, and I'm still playing catch-up.)

Margret

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ugh. Heard from the friend who talks to this person on FB. The person posted a long rant on FB yesterday about not getting credit for creating the Lounge and being invited to join:dunno: Looks like she "forgot" she joined last year. If she was able to log into the forum with her username and password and send me a PM yesterday, then obviously she's a member. No idea why on her FB rant she's claiming to not get an invite to join the forum. She's also claiming that the Lounge was "stolen" from her :dunno: Even when the Lounge was still on the old Catster group, she didn't post much or was involved in any of the "games" that were planned.

arouetta arouetta

As a computer geek I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I haven't the foggiest how to listen to podcasts. Do I need some kind of app or something? (In my defense, I'm a computer geek with a missing decade, and I'm still playing catch-up.)

Margret
I download podcasts from iTunes and listen to them in my iPod. Some podcasts have a web site where you can listen through your web browser or download and use with an app like Stitcher or Audible.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, I don't know why I do this to myself! It's snowing today so I decided not to go home for lunch as I usually do (the less driving on bad roads, the better). So I went to the gas station and got junk food---an individual pizza, a bottled iced tea, and a pack of Cheetos. I love Flamin' Hot Cheetos. Well, they had the XXTRA Flamin' Hot Cheetos so I got those. Now my nose is running and my mouth is burning. . .wow, they're great :D.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never liked spicy food and with my heartburn issues, I've been eating a pretty bland diet. I can't even imagine how bad it would be if I tried something spicy right now.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I've never liked spicy food and with my heartburn issues, I've been eating a pretty bland diet. I can't even imagine how bad it would be if I tried something spicy right now.

I didn't grow up eating spicy food. It was all subtle herb-y flavors. The hottest we got was Hungarian paprika which is more sweet and a little curry powder mostly for the yellow color from the cumin. Also lots of nutmeg which gives food a subtle flavor where people always ask "what IS that? It's good." I had someone comment the other day that she had never seen the nutmeg nut itself when I was grinding away on my plane. Another had no idea what "cloves" were, she only knew garlic cloves and here I was spiking a meatloaf with them.:dunno:
I still don't eat a lot of hot spicy things, can't taste anything when my mouth is burning although I do like guacamole, I can always calm that down with a little sour cream.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
Baby still isn't showing any signs of making an appearance. Grrrrr
Family members have told me that nurses involved in their care say that for some reason when you get to full term, sex can trigger labor. Before full term it won't, but during the home stretch it tends to. So get a babysitter and hold your husband hostage. ;)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid my mother never had spicy and therefore I never liked it. A lot of vegetarians seem to like spicy food but not me. The only spice I like on my food is salt. If that is a spice.

arouetta

Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid my mother never had spicy and therefore I never liked it. A lot of vegetarians seem to like spicy food but not me. The only spice I like on my food is salt. If that is a spice.
Salt is not a spice. Salt is a nutrient.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Family members have told me that nurses involved in their care say that for some reason when you get to full term, sex can trigger labor. Before full term it won't, but during the home stretch it tends to. So get a babysitter and hold your husband hostage. ;)
Aislyn actually went to her grandma's for the weekend. So, if I have any energy when he gets home at midnight - and if he does - I might do that. Maybe I could get him to find some if I remind him that he gets nothing for 6 weeks after the baby's born so he needs to get his fill now. Lol

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 , many years ago I went to a baby shower for a church member who looked like she was about 12 months along. I got a backache just looking at her. The very best card she got read, "Shop until the baby drops." :lol: Her husband was not amused.

However, from your post yesterday I gather that you've already tried that one, and it didn't work.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.