The "What's on your mind?" Thread -2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For kids (at least in this state) you can't be the one to enroll them in school, take them in to get a drivers license or passport, or in some cases dictate medical care when you don't have the same last name. That's the main reason mine is changing (also because it was something important to my husband). 

My bratty cats are driving me crazy. Ruby and Carrot keep getting into little scuffles for no apparent reason. At breakfast this morning, Carrot jumped up to the counter they ate at a different way than normal and scared Ruby so she upset the water dish and everyone ended up soaking wet. Then during their second meal, Carrot glared at her (which he does sometimes when he finishes food and others are still eating), she totally was set off hissing and growling at him. I had to scruff her so she didn't bite me when I grabbed her to stop her jumping on him. So frustrating!
That seems like it would be ridiculously problematic.  What if you weren't married to your child's father and you gave the child his last name (which my mother did)?  Or you divorce your child's father and want to return to your maiden name or get remarried?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That seems like it would be ridiculously problematic.  What if you weren't married to your child's father and you gave the child his last name (which my mother did)?  Or you divorce your child's father and want to return to your maiden name or get remarried?
It is extremely annoying. My mother kept my father's name so that she wouldn't have this problem. She is now thinking of changing it since we're all grown up. I think there are some thing in the work to change many of these policies. But for now, you'd have to show a birth certificate listing you as the parent. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Emma has a bit of a poop issue now
She left a present on the bathroom floor this morning and had more stuck to her bottom and partially hanging out of her
I cleaned her up and added Miralax to her breakfast. She was reluctant to eat breakfast but ended up eating most of it. Does buprenex cause constipation?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@LTS3    Yes, the buprenex can cause constipation. 

I am exhausted from yesterday. It was the Church's festival. With me having a bum knee which kept me up the night before, me helping set up the hall, me also walking around a million times selling raffle tickets, and helping to clean up the place; let's just say that the knee was really sore.. I ended up with a lower back ache and a bit of paining he hip --like Winchester has.....the entire right leg was not so great...

I ended up sitting in the recliner with a pillow under the knee and a huge ice pack on top of it. I let it freeze down, and took 2 of the arthritis strength tylenol.. 

It took me a long time to fall asleep, in bed. I was still hyper and wound up from the day. I was tired, but my mind kept wandering. 

Artie came to cuddle around 5AM... I was up, just dozing, but did not move.

Today is going to be a really lazy day. Nothing to do, except for one load of laundry.... I plan on sitting/lying down on the coach and watch a good movie.. Perhaps I will splurge and watch Independence Day 2, from On-Demand....I do have a lot of programs which I have on the DVR; so it is a toss up....

I have an appointment with my endocrinologist for a yearly check up of my thyroid.. I know I am behind getting a follow up bone density exam. Will have her order it and have it down sometime in November...

Artie will have company all day.. I got up late and am so lazy...

gotta go take my shower now...back still achey..

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we get divorced next year I am keeping my married name. Too much trouble to change it & it's the last thing on my mind. BTW best thing IMO is to keep both surnames in marriage - Mrs Franklin Jefferson, for example. Wish I'd done that. My married name is so ethnic & does not reflect my British heritage.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm seriously thinking of going back to my maiden name.  I'm the last of this branch of the family.  I kept my married name for convenience, but now I'm second guessing that.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
If I do ever get married, I'm just keeping my last name. I think it's safe to say kids are out of the picture at this point, so that would be a moot point.

My little sore throat bug is in full swing right now. Coughing, running nose, fever, etc. Oh joy. And of course it hits the week I have to chase a diabetic cat. Oh well, such is life I guess. And better now than later next month.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

@LTS3    Yes, the buprenex can cause constipation. 
Good to know
Emma got another dose of Miralax with dinner. Hopefully that will help keep things moving along
She only finished dinner with a good dose of crushed up freeze dried treats on top. The buprenex should be helping with the pain
Her dental recheck is scheduled for Nov. 9.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I'm starving!  I used my break to give the boys their canned food and I have another 2 hours before I get off and can make something for myself.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have reclaimed my lap for the computer, by the simple expedient of feeding Jasmine.

She was so funny this afternoon.  I went in to take a nap, and she came along for snuggles.  Then she lay on top of the blankets, kneading enthusiastically.  But the thing is, her total attention was on the kneading.  It was almost as if petting and head scratches were a distraction from the supremely important work of kneading the blankets.  She didn't actually complain about having her head scratched, but it was more as if she were just being polite about it; as soon as possible she went back to putting her entire effort and attention into kneading.  Do other cats do this, or is Jasmine just weird?

Margret

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm seriously thinking of going back to my maiden name.  I'm the last of this branch of the family.  I kept my married name for convenience, but now I'm second guessing that.
I took Roger's last name in the hope that it would endear me to his parents -- fat chance!  It's more than twice as long as my maiden name.  If I'm ever widowed, one of the first things I plan to do is take my maiden name back.  I'm tired of never having enough space for my signature.

Margret

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I kept my maiden name as a second middle name and then added my married name. I didn't want to get rid of my maiden name. My sister did the same thing when she got married.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Well, I have reclaimed my lap for the computer, by the simple expedient of feeding Jasmine.

She was so funny this afternoon.  I went in to take a nap, and she came along for snuggles.  Then she lay on top of the blankets, kneading enthusiastically.  But the thing is, her total attention was on the kneading.  It was almost as if petting and head scratches were a distraction from the supremely important work of kneading the blankets.  She didn't actually complain about having her head scratched, but it was more as if she were just being polite about it; as soon as possible she went back to putting her entire effort and attention into kneading.  Do other cats do this, or is Jasmine just weird?

Margret
Hekitty gets obsessive about it on occasion, but she kneads my right arm, just above the elbow, while enthusiastically licking my inner elbow.  Thank goodness she doesn't drool.  However, I spend a lot of my life looking like i have some sort of skin disease.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought myself an electric Instant Pot for my birthday.  It arrived yesterday.  Today I am attempting to make Turkey bone broth.  I have 3 turkey wings that I roasted on Sunday, minus some meat.  Some chicken feet from the Asian market, a carrot, some celery, onion and spices.  My house smells so good.  Yum!  Really hoping it gels.  I made some on Friday with Oxtail and shank beef bones w/veggies.  It gelled and is a little bland but I like it.  I am having a cup every morning to help with my Hashimoto's.

Yesterday DD and I hung out with the cat rescue group at the mall handing out candy to trick or treaters.  I am sore from leaning over the table and down to put treats in little kids buckets.  They were cute and there were so many we ran out of candy at 5pm so someone ran out to get more.  Once the new candy supply arrived we were swamped again.  The group used to have a store front at the mall and they needed it for someone else.  They are hoping to get another space there.  There was only one trick or treater at our house.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

Margret
Chula is also a highly focused kneader.  The odd thing is that she only kneads when it is time to curl up next to me on the bed for the night.  Then she has her routine down pat.   I love watching her.  She is so determined!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I got Lily, I've watched Mingo carefully for signs of jealousy, but I haven't seen any. He's enjoyed having a playmate and content to take a nap while I snuggled with Lily in front of the TV. But suddenly, he's gotten very affectionate. The other night, he chased Lily off the bed when she was grooming so loudly it woke us both up at 3 a.m. I thought she was sucking on something. He hasn't climbed on my shoulder while I'm at the computer for months, maybe a year, but now he's all over me, head butts and all. I can't sit at the kitchen table that he doesn't shoot straight up to my shoulder. I think he's finally jealous. Poor kitty - Lily will never take his place in my heart. So I just hold him and love on him.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Margret
Hekitty gets obsessive about it on occasion, but she kneads my right arm, just above the elbow, while enthusiastically licking my inner elbow.  Thank goodness she doesn't drool.  However, I spend a lot of my life looking like i have some sort of skin disease.
  I tried a multi-quote, with this one and @Margd's, but somehow I ended up with this one and @Handsome Kitty's post.  I removed the second quote.

So, basically, all cats are weird, huh?  Well, I guess we all knew that

Margret

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Since I got Lily, I've watched Mingo carefully for signs of jealousy, but I haven't seen any. He's enjoyed having a playmate and content to take a nap while I snuggled with Lily in front of the TV. But suddenly, he's gotten very affectionate. The other night, he chased Lily off the bed when she was grooming so loudly it woke us both up at 3 a.m. I thought she was sucking on something. He hasn't climbed on my shoulder while I'm at the computer for months, maybe a year, but now he's all over me, head butts and all. I can't sit at the kitchen table that he doesn't shoot straight up to my shoulder. I think he's finally jealous. Poor kitty - Lily will never take his place in my heart. So I just hold him and love on him.
It sounds like he's feeling a little insecure.  I wouldn't worry about it; it sounds like you're doing exactly the right thing.

Margret

Status
Not open for further replies.