The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, he's okay.  It's not his fault.  It's the fault of the retirement office.  He's actually been trying to help me get it pushed through.  We actually get along pretty well.

Recertify just means I have to apply again for my apartment and provide documentation of my income.  

I hope you get to sleep soon.    Insomnia is so horrible!  :alright:
I take back my unpleasantness Re your ex and apologise. I'm glad he's helping. Hugs.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just made about 5 dozen cookies for tomorrow. We are having a yard sale and Aimee is selling cookies and lemonade.

little cutie66

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Was there a full moon last night? I couldn't sleep. I'm doing errands and cleaning house today. Very cloudy day here.

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, my boyfriend's ex sorta stole my next hair color. We saw her when we had some people over last week, and we were talking about colors (a lot of us have colorful hair now), and I mentioned that I'm going green next. Kinda babbled about it for a while, actually (I was crazy excited about it, I've been planning it forever). Now she has green hair. I'm a little peeved about it.

I had a fun girls night with my bestie yesterday though, and my cold seems like it's finally almost gone :)

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I take back my unpleasantness Re your ex and apologise. I'm glad he's helping. Hugs.
No need for an apology.  Believe me, sometimes he has been a complete jerk.  This just wasn't one of those times!  

Well, my boyfriend's ex sorta stole my next hair color. We saw her when we had some people over last week, and we were talking about colors (a lot of us have colorful hair now), and I mentioned that I'm going green next. Kinda babbled about it for a while, actually (I was crazy excited about it, I've been planning it forever). Now she has green hair. I'm a little peeved about it.

I had a fun girls night with my bestie yesterday though, and my cold seems like it's finally almost gone
My daughter used to change her hair color regularly and had green hair for awhile.  I thought it was really pretty but she said it seemed people were less pleasant to her than when she had say, blue or red hair.  So maybe it is all for the best!  

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Listening to the Boston Pops' Film Night concert on the radio (well, I'm streaming it online)
It's not live. The actual concert was a few weeks ago and it got edited for the radio and online streaming. So far, music from Harry Potter and Raiders of the Lost Ark and two other music scores from movies. John Williams will be conducting soon with more of the music he has composed in his career, including music from the newest Star Wars movie.

Last edited:

eck1kaylie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter used to change her hair color regularly and had green hair for awhile.  I thought it was really pretty but she said it seemed people were less pleasant to her than when she had say, blue or red hair.  So maybe it is all for the best!  
Actually, I've got teal right now - blue in some lights, green in others - and the last blue I had faded really green. I got a lot of compliments on both when they looked green. :p
I'm still doing the green. It's my favorite color and I've been dreaming about it for weeks. I just hate that it looks like I'm copying her.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No need for an apology.  Believe me, sometimes he has been a complete jerk.  This just wasn't one of those times!  :)

I've only gone fire engine red and had it very very short. My ex cut it with a hair razor thingy. The style didn't suit me as I had a fat face. Now it's blondey with blonde highlights and half way down my back.
It needs colouring so often because of the grey or I should say silver.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished with the cats' breakfast and the treadmill. Sitting here a bit while drinking my coffee.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the Boston Pops....

I remember attending a couple of their concerts.. it was awesome. 

I listen to classical music also.. last summer I used to put them on during the evening, have a glass of wine, lift a candle and color....really relaxing...

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying here hacking my lungs out. And non stop blowing of nose. A super duper cough and cold. The ex says it's a ac and that it happens every year. Sweat I will not.
I slept last night and managed another couple of hours sleep about 2 hours after I'd woken up. I was still tired though. Been tired all day.
Whisky came and sat on my lap for quite a long time and then we shared the chair with him leaning against my legs.
Didn't watch tv. Nothing worth watching. Read a little and thought a lot.
Now I'm back in bed. Yay.
Good night. Have a good day Jan.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I love the Boston Pops....

I remember attending a couple of their concerts.. it was awesome. 

I listen to classical music also.. last summer I used to put them on during the evening, have a glass of wine, lift a candle and color....really relaxing...
I've lived in Boston my entire life and have never gone to see a Pops concert
Symphony Hall tickets are expensive and there's no way I'm fighting the crowds for the free July 4th concert

Listening to the Film Night concert again online
I missed the last 15 minutes or so because I turned the computer off and my radio doesn't get great reception for the classic radio station. Very heavy on Star Wars music for John William's half of the concert. He did three encores at the end, too
I expected "Stars and Stripes Forever" to be played as the last encore since it's a crowd favorite but surprisingly it was a theme song from a very popular movie.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

I've lived in Boston my entire life and have never gone to see a Pops concert
Symphony Hall tickets are expensive and there's no way I'm fighting the crowds for the free July 4th concert

Listening to the Film Night concert again online
I missed the last 15 minutes or so because I turned the computer off and my radio doesn't get great reception for the classic radio station. Very heavy on Star Wars music for John William's half of the concert. He did three encores at the end, too
I expected "Stars and Stripes Forever" to be played as the last encore since it's a crowd favorite but surprisingly it was a theme song from a very popular movie.
The "Stars and Stripes" was the theme song of Arthur Fiedler. He began the 4th of July concert on the Esplanade. He wanted songs that the public could relate to. Since it's inception, The Stars and Stripes seems to be the theme song of the 4th of July. It is also synonymous with the Pops. 

John Williams has scored some great music. I love listening to it. I have never been on the Esplanade. Too long a day and too crowded and hot. 

It would be easy for me because I live right on a "T" line.

When I was younger, I remember going to one of the hills in my city. I could see the Boston fireworks from there; and I could hear the echoes as well. I have also seen the jets, on their way into Boston for the 'fly-overs'......Kind of makes you feel a part of it.

Yes, I live that close to Boston. Just abut 10-12 miles north of it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sitting here in my cube this morning. Just finished my coffee and have to start doing something around here pretty soon.

We've been getting up at 4:00 as Rick has been working some OT. So I get up, feed the kids, then hit the treadmill. After Rick leaves, then I do the rest of my chores (litter box stuff, sweeping, etc.).

Last night when we went for groceries, Rick also gassed his truck up and put gas in the container for the lawnmower. He was going to come home, take the container out of the truck and put it in the shed last night. Well, we got home and we got into a kind of heated argument over that blasted beagle in the house. We brought the groceries in the house, I made dinner, the beagle argument continued, and the gas container never did get to the shed.

Well, he left for work this morning and about 20 minutes later, he came back. He forgot all about the gas jug in the truck. The container shifted, the lid popped off and the gas sprinkled all over the bed of his truck. Lovely. He had to crawl to the very bad of the truck for the container, soaking his shirt and jeans with gas. He walked in the house and the smell was enough to knock your socks off. Stink! Good grief.

So he stripped down and I put his clothes in the washer. He grabbed a quick shower, dressed in clean clothes. Threw a bucket of soapy water in the truck bed to get him through the day til he can wash the truck tonight. And he was about 45 minutes late to work. I'm sure that didn't go over well.

I aired out the bathroom; the gas stench was just awful.

When he got to work, he texted me with: You expect this on Monday mornings, not Tuesdays!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise

Sitting here in my cube this morning. Just finished my coffee and have to start doing something around here pretty soon.

We've been getting up at 4:00 as Rick has been working some OT. So I get up, feed the kids, then hit the treadmill. After Rick leaves, then I do the rest of my chores (litter box stuff, sweeping, etc.).

Last night when we went for groceries, Rick also gassed his truck up and put gas in the container for the lawnmower. He was going to come home, take the container out of the truck and put it in the shed last night. Well, we got home and we got into a kind of heated argument over that blasted beagle in the house. We brought the groceries in the house, I made dinner, the beagle argument continued, and the gas container never did get to the shed.

Well, he left for work this morning and about 20 minutes later, he came back. He forgot all about the gas jug in the truck. The container shifted, the lid popped off and the gas sprinkled all over the bed of his truck. Lovely. He had to crawl to the very bad of the truck for the container, soaking his shirt and jeans with gas. He walked in the house and the smell was enough to knock your socks off. Stink! Good grief.

So he stripped down and I put his clothes in the washer. He grabbed a quick shower, dressed in clean clothes. Threw a bucket of soapy water in the truck bed to get him through the day til he can wash the truck tonight. And he was about 45 minutes late to work. I'm sure that didn't go over well.

I aired out the bathroom; the gas stench was just awful.

When he got to work, he texted me with: You expect this on Monday mornings, not Tuesdays!
Oh no!!

What did Jackie do now?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm just tired of dealing with her. The screaming really hasn't stopped and coming home has gotten to be a real struggle. As soon as we come home, we have to take her out, take her out, take her out, so she doesn't pee in the house. And she's outside, yipping and carrying on, comes in the house, yipping like crazy, laps up a ton of water, and then walks into the living room and pukes her guts out. Last night Rick brought her into the house, she ran out to the kitchen and guzzled the water. I tried to get to the gate in time to close it, but I was trying to put groceries away and feed the cats, and she got into the living room. And puked. I just walked out of the kitchen and went back to the bedroom and let Rick deal with it.

She gets really excited when we come home and it's getting really hot and humid outside now. So the hyperness makes her pant that much more. That makes her even thirstier and she drinks more. Guzzle down a half-gallon of water at a time and see what happens. It's not pretty. We can't even go for a walk together because she's so bad about being alone, even for an hour. And we can't take her with us because of our road simply is not that safe for a dog. So now we're not even walking at night anymore. Or rather Rick is not walking any longer; sometimes I'll go out for a quick mile or so.

The other weekend we had boarded her so that we could go to that funeral. By Sunday morning, Muffin was already eating back out in the kitchen; she hasn't done that since Rick had boarded Jackie so he could go on his bowling tournament. By Sunday night, Jackie was back in the house and Muffin was eating her supper in the bathroom again.

Rick told me again last night that he's given up pretty much all OT after work now because he has to come straight home to deal with the dog. Because I won't do it. And, well, no, I won't. He said that whenever he goes away, he has to board her because I won't deal with her. And again, no I won't. 

I asked him again to please call our son as he said he would take her. But Rick really likes Jackie and so we deal. Well, Rick deals. I've pretty much been done now for a while. 

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester What a mess. That dog creates a real problem in your house. I am sorry. Sending you hugs and wishes for some peace and a good day for you.:nod:

I am sitting here drinking my second cup of coffee. Beautiful day where I live today. Later we will walk, then I am going to do some ironing. I hate that job. :nod:

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
just relaxing, and keeping an eye out for the Fedex truck. we're expecting a large package today, a raw food order for my cats. if i catch the Fedex truck and am quick, i can open the door to the back enclosed porch and the Fedex dude will set the 60+ lb package inside for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.