The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying in bed. It's 2.15am and I'm not tired. That's because I kept dropping off in my chair. Regarding the kitties, all alone am I, ever since your goodbye with just the beat of my heart etc.
Unloved and unwanted but they know who to come to when their plates need filling don't they. Little @#$%&$s.
I just took that test to see who I am regarding cat people. The late great John Lennon. I'm being sarcastic.
I'm going back to my back.
I left the house today. Walked to the mall. Went to the baby shop to buy my granddaughter a dress. I bought three and good sunglasses. Then I went to the book shop and treated myself to two new books. By this time my back was aching. Went to the drugstore (superpharm ) and got some odds and bods. Took me out for a meal, fettuccine with shrimps. I could hardly move by this time. I got a taxi home. Not greetings from the cats. I always say mummy's home and reply yay! Went to change into my house clothes and it was excruciating. Been rubbed with Bengay but it's not doing anything. Lying down it doesn't hurt but it will when I need to get up. And I thought it was healing.
Oh well.
Good night Jan. Have a good day.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lying in bed. It's 2.15am and I'm not tired. That's because I kept dropping off in my chair. Regarding the kitties, all alone am I, ever since your goodbye with just the beat of my heart etc.
Unloved and unwanted but they know who to come to when their plates need filling don't they. Little @#$%&$s.
I just took that test to see who I am regarding cat people. The late great John Lennon. I'm being sarcastic.
I'm going back to my back.
I left the house today. Walked to the mall. Went to the baby shop to buy my granddaughter a dress. I bought three and good sunglasses. Then I went to the book shop and treated myself to two new books. By this time my back was aching. Went to the drugstore (superpharm ) and got some odds and bods. Took me out for a meal, fettuccine with shrimps. I could hardly move by this time. I got a taxi home. Not greetings from the cats. I always say mummy's home and reply yay! Went to change into my house clothes and it was excruciating. Been rubbed with Bengay but it's not doing anything. Lying down it doesn't hurt but it will when I need to get up. And I thought it was healing.
Oh well.
Good night Jan. Have a good day.
good night, Judy. and, thank you!

i just finished watching a tv show. not too long before making a snack for my 3 (cats), then i'll be off to bed.

tomorrow i'll bake a batch of granola, i think it'll be with raisins and walnuts this time.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good night, Judy. and, thank you!

i just finished watching a tv show. not too long before making a snack for my 3 (cats), then i'll be off to bed.

tomorrow i'll bake a batch of granola, i think it'll be with raisins and walnuts this time.
I.used to make granola. My son loved it and my daughter only when it can't out of the oven. If put the raisins in then and stir then. The heat of the granola plumped them up.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Sitting here with my coffee. Blowing my nose every two minutes. Coughing my lungs up about every five minutes. 

I called off sick today. There's just no way I can deal with the office. I haven't slept in two days and I just feel miserable.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Sitting here with my coffee. Blowing my nose every two minutes. Coughing my lungs up about every five minutes. 

I called off sick today. There's just no way I can deal with the office. I haven't slept in two days and I just feel miserable.
Pam, that is what I went through. I had this stupid "thing" along with allergies; with the asthma including, well--just say that I was miserable.

All I wanted to do was sleep..I was constantly exhausted. I would fall asleep watching tv. I would lie down, could not breath well. I would wake myself up when I snored too loud!! even on my side

I had to take something for it. I was using Mucinex, or the Mucinex sinus along with Delsym cough syrup. I think Iw int through 2 large boxes of tissues in about 5 days. It was a vicious circle. I would take the Mucinex to breathe and help with the cough, but that caused me even more sleepless nights. I literally slept many days away. Finally, I had to resort to using my rescue asthma inhaler a few times. 

I was freezing, to the point of shivering ~~ but I did not have a fever. I just could not get warm..

This 'thing' lasted a long time.

All I can say is: you really need to give in to it and rest. I mean rest. I know you are itching and are probably already using the new treadmill, however, I do not think exercise is a good thing at this point. 

Feel better

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I.used to make granola. My son loved it and my daughter only when it can't out of the oven. If put the raisins in then and stir then. The heat of the granola plumped them up.
granola tastes so good, and it's good for us too!
  if i were to buy granola in the store, it would be priced very high. so i make it at home, and make it the way i like it...with what i want in it. usually i add walnuts, shredded coconut, and sweetened (dried) banana chips to it. this time i thought i'd try something different, so i'll add walnuts and raisins.

just getting ready to make the cats, and then my, breakfast. then i'll make the granola, and do the usual morning chores.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
granola tastes so good, and it's good for us too! :nod:   if i were to buy granola in the store, it would be priced very high. so i make it at home, and make it the way i like it...with what i want in it. usually i add walnuts, shredded coconut, and sweetened (dried) banana chips to it. this time i thought i'd try something different, so i'll add walnuts and raisins.

just getting ready to make the cats, and then my, breakfast. then i'll make the granola, and do the usual morning chores.
mine had wheat germ and stuff like that besides the nuts etc and honey.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just back from filling out my recertification papers for my apartment.  Chula and Paul were right at the door when I came back and Chula slipped out into the hallway.  Fortunately I'm on the 4th floor no where near the elevator so I let her have an adventure.  She had a great time checking out every closed door along the hallway.  Meanwhile, there was a tremendous racket coming from my apartment as Paul banged at the door and yelled "ME TOO!" 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
got a dentist appointment after work at 5. So nervous. They always tell me I don't floss enough. chipped a tooth and getting it fixed. haven't been to dentist in a few years. so hopefully it wont be too much hassle to fix it. seems the dry mouth and diet soda have bothered my gums more than anything else. so this time I decided to try aspen dental. since everywhere else is impossible to get after 4pm appointments and I am not allowed to miss work for medical reasons. and I refuse to use the little time off I have to go to appointments. So hopefully they do a good job. they all went to dental school so hopefully it works out.

will stop at the gym and do 30 min of cardio or not..haven't decided. Or go home and putter. Was hoping for rain but I may end up watering the gardens..and never mind supper-haven't even thought about dinner..

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine had wheat germ and stuff like that besides the nuts etc and honey.
yup, my granola does too!
  the recipe i use has old fashioned (long cooking) oatmeal (uncooked), nuts (i always use walnuts), wheat germ, other grain/dry ingredient (i use 7-grain cereal mix, but it can be sunflower seeds, flax seed, bran, etc), brown sugar, ground cinnamon, honey, oil (it calls for canola oil, but i just use vegetable oil), either vanilla or almond extract, and then the add-ins for after baking. i really love the recipe i use because it's flexible as far as the ingredients as long as the wet-to-dry ingredient percentage stays the same, and i don't need to buy extra ingredients that i'll only ever use for making the granola.

i'm finished with my daily chores now, and am catching up here at TCS, reading emails, etc.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
got a dentist appointment after work at 5. So nervous. They always tell me I don't floss enough. chipped a tooth and getting it fixed. haven't been to dentist in a few years. so hopefully it wont be too much hassle to fix it. seems the dry mouth and diet soda have bothered my gums more than anything else. so this time I decided to try aspen dental. since everywhere else is impossible to get after 4pm appointments and I am not allowed to miss work for medical reasons. and I refuse to use the little time off I have to go to appointments. So hopefully they do a good job. they all went to dental school so hopefully it works out.

will stop at the gym and do 30 min of cardio or not..haven't decided. Or go home and putter. Was hoping for rain but I may end up watering the gardens..and never mind supper-haven't even thought about dinner..
What happens if you're really ill? You can't stay home? You have to go to work?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just back from filling out my recertification papers for my apartment.  Chula and Paul were right at the door when I came back and Chula slipped out into the hallway.  Fortunately I'm on the 4th floor no where near the elevator so I let her have an adventure.  She had a great time checking out every closed door along the hallway.  Meanwhile, there was a tremendous racket coming from my apartment as Paul banged at the door and yelled "ME TOO!" 
What are recertification papers?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was really a one off. I was asleep by 10.30pm. I was exhausted from not sleeping the night before so I'm reading everything now.
I'm sitting in my chair feeling very sorry for myself. I'm bored! There's no reason as I've got the newspaper to read and my book but can't lift my arms to get these things. They're too heavy. I'm very lazy.
The weather seems pleasant. In can hear somebody's got their air conditioning on but there's a pleasant breeze coming in so I'm quite comfortable. Just feeling down. I've got no real reason. Just one of those things.
There's nothing worth watching on the TV so that's one useless thing I'm not doing. Staring at the box.
That's it. Ser what happens during the day.
Have a good day Jan.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
What happens if you're really ill? You can't stay home? You have to go to work?
yep. Or you get a doctor to sign you out of work but it has to be at least a week otherwise you don't get paid from insurance-and its half your pay and they don't pay for 2 weeks. this is to deter people from abusing the system. This company is not very worker friendly. We have had people had heart attacks and need time off and they harassed them. Until they call the labor board and file a complaint. If it wasn't for all the overtime I would have been gone long time ago. For now we are hanging on until the bus stops. We are still waiting for some news about more work in 2017-2018. If they don't get those contracts then it doesn't look good. The worker bees always get the shaft end when the gig is up. The big wigs wont have any trouble finding work. its the lower folks who have spent decades here building a custom product.

The dentist appointment went good. they cant fix the tooth. because its such a tiny chip that got bigger he said they can file the tooth down otherwise if he puts a filling on it-it will pop off when I bite into something,...once I get my cleaning done I may look into a cosmetic dentristy but I don't have the money to spend on big bills. its only one tooth and I can live with it being shorter. If I can find a decent place I want to see if they can put veneers on my teeth. or whatever it is.

At work-no weekend work-I took it off to catch up on sleep and gardening and yard sales. I don't need anymore stuff but I enjoy looking...and need summer clothes that fit. So today is ordering day at work then afterwork hit the gym then figure out dinner. And play with the cats.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was off work for 2 months once after tearing my knee. I was paid my wage and got 2 bouquets of flowers.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I am in a bad mood so am writing to complain.  My ex-husband retired a year ago and I'm still waiting for my portion of his pension.  (Note, his share of mine came to him automatically.)  I've called, sent certified letters, and emailed and never get any acknowledgement at all from the office that handles it.  Calls go to voice mails that are never returned and certified letters go to a PO Box so it's not possible to get a signature.  I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I have to hire a lawyer.  First, I guess I'd have to hire a private detective to discover an actual avenue of communication to the office so the lawyer would have someone to uh, threaten.  

@Stewball   I have to recertify for my apartment every year because it has an income requirement.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in a bad mood so am writing to complain.  My ex-husband retired a year ago and I'm still waiting for my portion of his pension.  (Note, his share of mine came to him automatically.)  I've called, sent certified letters, and emailed and never get any acknowledgement at all from the office that handles it.  Calls go to voice mails that are never returned and certified letters go to a PO Box so it's not possible to get a signature.  I'm at the point where I'm wondering if I have to hire a lawyer.  First, I guess I'd have to hire a private detective to discover an actual avenue of communication to the office so the lawyer would have someone to uh, threaten.  :argh:

@Stewball
  I have to recertify for my apartment every year because it has an income requirement.  
Rotten ex. Thank goodness I've not got that sort of relationship with my ex.
I don't understand what recertify means. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Rotten  ex. Thank goodness I've not got that sort of relationship with my ex.
I don't understand what recertify means. Sorry.
Oh, no, he's okay.  It's not his fault.  It's the fault of the retirement office.  He's actually been trying to help me get it pushed through.  We actually get along pretty well.

Recertify just means I have to apply again for my apartment and provide documentation of my income.  

I hope you get to sleep soon.    Insomnia is so horrible!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.