The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sitting in the waiting room at the eye doctor. Drove my mom for her cataract surgery.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Scanning my forums and need to get ready to start the day. I have allergy shots this morning. My brother's girlfriend had emergency surgery yesterday to have her gall bladder out and I'm waiting to hear from him to see if he needs help with anything today. I think she may come home later on.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes: that she's okay!

I've been going over the shelter volunteers' training manual to see what should be changed before or particularly stressed at tomorrow's training session. It would be a huge help if they'd actually read and follow the instructions!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Having a rest before I start out. I have to drive over 50 miles one way, in order to attend a Christening!!!  

If it were not a member of the family, I would not go! 

It is my cousin's first grandchild, so I feel obligated to attend.. not looking forward to this trip....

It is around 1.5 hours to get there, depending on traffic and road conditions; around one hour drive time to get home!!

Why they are living out there is beyond me... well, all his family is somewhere around there...but man, it is so hard.... 

I am wanting to just 'top off' my gas tank before I leave the city, so I will have a full tank of gas, in case I get lost.. yes, even with a gps I can get lost!!

I used a half a tank of gas round trip...sometimes a bit more depending on the situation... hate this trip.....

I have to leave right after 11 am for a 1pm baptism...

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Having a rest before I start out. I have to drive over 50 miles one way, in order to attend a Christening!!!  

If it were not a member of the family, I would not go! 
It is my cousin's first grandchild, so I feel obligated to attend.. not looking forward to this trip....

It is around 1.5 hours to get there, depending on traffic and road conditions; around one hour drive time to get home!!

Why they are living out there is beyond me... well, all his family is somewhere around there...but man, it is so hard.... 

I am wanting to just 'top off' my gas tank before I leave the city, so I will have a full tank of gas, in case I get lost.. yes, even with a gps I can get lost!!

I used a half a tank of gas round trip...sometimes a bit more depending on the situation... hate this trip.....

I have to leave right after 11 am for a 1pm baptism...
You are probably heading out my way. :lol3: My niece got married last weekend at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston. The rehearsal was at 5:00 on Friday night. Do you have any idea how long it took us to get there? :hmm:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
You are probably heading out my way.
My niece got married last weekend at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross in Boston. The rehearsal was at 5:00 on Friday night. Do you have any idea how long it took us to get there?
Driving out to Worcester!! 

OMGosh!! You had an impossible journey!! That was a nightmare time of the day! 

I am hoping there will not be many people headed that way, looking for orchards for apple picking... It is that kind of weather....

Why is it that the return trip, home, is always faster??? and easier... Well not always, but usually...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
just had some coffee; about to get up and feed Artie Breakfast; then jump in the shower.

It is really cold out there this morning~~ 50 degrees!!  It has not been this cold since May 18 !!  That is a long time ago!

Very sleepy.. I did not get to have much to eat at the Christening yesterday. I should have stopped for something on my way home. I am surprised that my Cousin's daughter did not have enough food for the amount of people who attended...

and they really took a long time to put out what they did have. It was an open bar---the Father of the Baby is a part owner in a Bar, so the reception took place there. Considering most of us had to drive a huge distance to get there ~~ around 50 miles, the open bar did not matter.. the food did and there was not enough of it.. They even had to order 6 pizzas as an emergency food addition....and add some frozen meatballs with sauce at the last minute... so not good planning.. Hope they learn from experience..

That is one thing my family has never done. It is a trademark of my family to always have tons of food; enough for leftovers if anyone would like to have seconds or take home..

It was a nice ceremony, but no one from the families mingled.. well, what can you do...at least I was invited...and I drove over a hundred miles for it...(roundtrip)

I am still tired.. Up early for church and then a semi busy day of reading newspaper, going to humane society for a few hours, and changing my bed linen..long day today..

have to go feed Artie and jump in the shower now.. coffee is in my tummy; now it has to work...caffeine please kick in soon!! I have to give out Communion today!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Driving out to Worcester!! 

OMGosh!! You had an impossible journey!! That was a nightmare time of the day! 

I am hoping there will not be many people headed that way, looking for orchards for apple picking... It is that kind of weather....

Why is it that the return trip, home, is always faster??? and easier... Well not always, but usually...
No, not my way. I'm south. Getting there on Saturday night was a bit easier. The rehearsal dinner was at LaScala in Randolph and the reception was at Lombardo's in Randolph. We hit traffic heading south from Boston on both nights. :hmm: .

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Just chilling out today. Was in Minneapolis for the weekend for a friend's wedding. Got back yesterday, off work today and tomorrow. And tomorrow I start another cat sit. So today was "lazy day".

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just tucked Aislyn in and she wants me to sit with her for a while so I'm gonna sit here until she falls asleep.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today is going to be a relaxing day, after the past days which have been busy. Planning on just chilling out.. perhaps a bit of laundry, but that is it.

Artie is not eating well. sigh.. again..I am watching him like a hawk.

This morning, while he was waiting the required 30 minutes after having his meds; he made a really weird sound. He was in the kitchen waiting for food. The sound was like a yawns/squeal... It really scared me. I went running over to him. He was sitting up, licking his lips. When I asked him what was wrong, he went under the table to get away from me...

When the time interval was up, I fed him. He ate a lot and is curled up on the coach (one his fleece covered pillow bed) sleeping...

I think he is ok.. maybe the squeal was from a huge yawn??  It was not the yowl he does before vomiting, this was a different sound. 

I sometimes like lazy days.. It is raining a bit, finally. We need rain desperately...so a nice sleepy day..

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm trying to work up the enthusiasm to go for a walk and then come home and start unpacking.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
This is what I was doing this morning.  Lying in bed, checking emails on my iPhone and drinking coffee.  I really, really, wanted to get out of bed and be a productive member of society   but what could I do?  I had a cat on my butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.