The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had an early supper at Longhorn this afternoon, followed by a bit of shopping to walk off our meal. I bought new underwear and a neat pair of Clarks shoes for fall. Came home; I did my abs and stretches. Getting ready to grab my iPad with my ebooks and plop down in bed. Rick is watching a music program on PBS.
@Winchester I love Clarks shoes. You just can't wear them out.

We have an older Nissan Frontier pickup truck that has to be painted. There are some serious rust spots on the top of the cab and here and there all over the truck. The paint is chalky looking. We took it to the body shop who has always repaired our dings, etc. We got told they don't touch rust. We finally found a person who has been doing body work on automobiles for forty years. We took a ride to his business this afternoon to leave the truck for a full paint job. Full paint jobs are not cheap, but they are cheaper than new trucks. the paint job comes with a good guarantee.

On the way home, we stopped at McDonalds and splurged. We both a one of their small hot fudge cups. I get the urge sometimes to go there and eat as many of them as I want. I think I could eat maybe three of them :lol3:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got done making Murphy mad.  He needed his ears cleaned.  Connor always has nice clean ears, but Murphy's are horrible.  At first, I thought Connor was just slacking.  Cats clean each other's ears because honestly, how are they gonna take care of their own?  It didn't take me long to realize that Connor tried, but Murphy wouldn't let him.  Connor goes to clean them and Murphy squirms and struggles.  Connor lets Murphy clean his ears, though.  So, I got some of those kitty q-tips at Wal*Mart.  They're filled with liquid and you have to snap one end for the liquid to pout into the other end and moisten it.  And, I have John help me hold Murphy down while I wipe his ears out.  They're always SO gross.  I keep telling him he would make things a lot easier on himself if he would just let Connor take care of it, but you can't get cats to listen to anything.  *shakes head*

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sitting here trying to decide where I want to start. We're back home from vacation and I did get the laundry done, but it's still got to be put away. I picked everything from the vegetable garden yesterday, but now I have to deal with it all. My house looks liek a bomb went off.

Why does it take so long to gt back on track after a vacation? :help:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting here trying to decide where I want to start. We're back home from vacation and I did get the laundry done, but it's still got to be put away. I picked everything from the vegetable garden yesterday, but now I have to deal with it all. My house looks liek a bomb went off.

Why does it take so long to gt back on track after a vacation?
I'd say partly because you got into relax mode and it's hard to force yourself out of it.  I want a vacation.  I haven't been on vacation in . . . um . . . I can't even remember when I last went on a vacation.

I'm eating my second giant muffin and watching Captain America with the boyfriend while the kitties take a nap.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not going back and reading this whole thread.  Just preparing for the end of the babble thread.  Don't know why I didn't see this one sooner!  DRAT AND DARN...but here now!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm talking to idiots on the phone even though I have a sore throat and I'm hoarse.  And I'm cuddling Murphy who has his front legs wrapped around my neck and his head on my shoulder and he's purring like crazy.  The only time he doesn't purr is when he's asleep.  It's so cute - he'll be cuddled up on me and his purrs will gradually get softer and softer until they become soft little kitty snores.

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine found a tiny, sick, half starved kitten on the road near the post office a few weeks ago.  She was only going to take her home long enough to recover and find a home.

Today, the vet gave her a clean bill and put her age at around 10 weeks.

Meet Mila Bastet, who is not going anywhere.

And going in for the kill with her new big brother Meow.

Tormenting her big sister, Lexi.

Fell asleep taking a bath after eating a warm meal

I told Rachel she should join this site.  Don't know if she plans to or not.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And going in for the kill with her new big brother Meow.

Tormenting her big sister, Lexi.

Fell asleep taking a bath after eating a warm meal

I told Rachel she should join this site.  Don't know if she plans to or not.
He's really adorable! I think it's great that he found a new home!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He's really adorable! I think it's great that he found a new home!
Isn't she just a little doll?  I told Rachel she'd end up keeping her.  She's too cute not to fall in love with.  Meow has adopted her.  He guards her closely.  They all go out in the yard together and Meow panics if she gets out of his sight for even a second.  Meow is pretty old and Rachel thought she was going to lose him soon but little Mila seems to have really perked him up!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just sitting here for a few minutes before I have to cook dinner. I have to get things ready for my daughter to start school tomorrow too. I can't believe my baby is growing up and starting school.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting ready for a meeting at work to learn the new dictates of new management. I can't be too upset though because, for the first time since I started working, I actually had a weekend off. No phone calls, no called in at the last minute, nothing. It was awesome, but I kept jumping when the phone rang. At least meetings don't last too long. (Or, at least, the last one didn't.)

On another note, Ra is bringing home "pets" again--crickets this time. Not sure why, not sure how to stop it, not sure what to do. And yes, his behavior is protective and not predatory. I do know the difference.

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting ready to fix lunch and then go work in the yard. It's a beautiful fall day here, just like it was on 9/11 15 years ago. How the years have flown by. It's also my youngest son's 17th wedding anniversary.

Mingo has been sick. The vet gave me a Royal Canin urinary/calming food for struvite crystals, and it made him sick. He was retching constantly, throwing up a bit of bile, and gagging on his food. He also completely lost his voice. At first, he was just hoarse, but eventually he couldn't talk at all. I took him off the Royal Canin and got some Cerenia from the vet to stop the vomiting. The vomiting stopped immediately, but it took five days for him to regain his voice. The vet wants me to continue the Royal Canin, but there's no way I'm going to feed my cat something that makes him sick. So that is $50 down the drain for a big bag of food.

I just don't understand what it is with vets and Royal Canin and Hill's food. Just looking at the label made me sick. The first three ingredients were chicken by-products, wheat gluten, and corn.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm getting ready to fix lunch and then go work in the yard. It's a beautiful fall day here, just like it was on 9/11 15 years ago. How the years have flown by. It's also my youngest son's 17th wedding anniversary.

Mingo has been sick. The vet gave me a Royal Canin urinary/calming food for struvite crystals, and it made him sick. He was retching constantly, throwing up a bit of bile, and gagging on his food. He also completely lost his voice. At first, he was just hoarse, but eventually he couldn't talk at all. I took him off the Royal Canin and got some Cerenia from the vet to stop the vomiting. The vomiting stopped immediately, but it took five days for him to regain his voice. The vet wants me to continue the Royal Canin, but there's no way I'm going to feed my cat something that makes him sick. So that is $50 down the drain for a big bag of food.

I just don't understand what it is with vets and Royal Canin and Hill's food. Just looking at the label made me sick. The first three ingredients were chicken by-products, wheat gluten, and corn.
I'm so sorry. I hope he gets better soon. Royal Canin and Hills are (IMO) overpriced garbage. The thing with many vets and those brands is that they are PAID to keep them in their lobbies and recommend them. Sad but true.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm getting ready for a meeting at work to learn the new dictates of new management. I can't be too upset though because, for the first time since I started working, I actually had a weekend off. No phone calls, no called in at the last minute, nothing. It was awesome, but I kept jumping when the phone rang. At least meetings don't last too long. (Or, at least, the last one didn't.)

On another note, Ra is bringing home "pets" again--crickets this time. Not sure why, not sure how to stop it, not sure what to do. And yes, his behavior is protective and not predatory. I do know the difference.
Good Luck at the Meeting....fingers crossed!

I remember that day, 9/11 so vividly.. yes, it was  beautiful, gorgeous morning, then the worst thing imaginable happened...

I remember leaving work early, taking the train home from Boston; passing Logan Airport.. it was really eerie.. empty, silence on the train.. I was praying for the world, for the lost souls, ... and everyone.. 

I remember feeling as if I just had to be at Church with other people..My church did have a special service that night.. not a mass but a prayer service..we just had to be together and pray...

Oh... sending good wishes for Mingo...My guy had the RC Urinary food.. he hated it but did not get sick.. perhaps it is the addition of the calming stuff which is not agreeing with him.. it is hard to switch over completely. I did it slowly.. a bit at a time added to his Fancy Feast..

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I remember that day, 9/11 so vividly.. yes, it was  beautiful, gorgeous morning, then the worst thing imaginable happened...

I remember leaving work early, taking the train home from Boston; passing Logan Airport.. it was really eerie.. empty, silence on the train.. I was praying for the world, for the lost souls, ... and everyone.. 

I remember feeling as if I just had to be at Church with other people..My church did have a special service that night.. not a mass but a prayer service..we just had to be together and pray...

Oh... sending good wishes for Mingo...My guy had the RC Urinary food.. he hated it but did not get sick.. perhaps it is the addition of the calming stuff which is not agreeing with him.. it is hard to switch over completely. I did it slowly.. a bit at a time added to his Fancy Feast..
I was in middle school when it happened.  The teachers were all acting a little odd, but no one told us what happened.  They thought we were too young to hear it at school and wanted to let our parents tell us when we got home.  However, the high school spent the day watching the news in class so as soon as we got on the bus home, we heard all about it.  And bawled the whole way home.  The school's plan didn't exactly work out.

It's still so heartbreaking to think about.  All those people - and so many heroes.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, second shift was yelled at for dumping half their work on third, as though we didn't have enough work--and that was kind of awesome. I think I kept my face blank through the rant.

On another note, I got called in (again) for third shift as the other person trained in third is in the hospital (again). I'm beginning to think that he's not going to live until Thanksgiving, but he is a hard worker, I'll give him that.

Poor Ra. His latest "pet" (a cricket) died last night while I was at work (of natural causes), so he crawled into bed with me for comfort. (Which wouldn't be so bad, except that he's a fuzzy little heater and it got almost ninety today.) Poor kitty. 

Status
Not open for further replies.