The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It was supposed to be a beautiful sunny day hitting 70 here as well, but they have changed their minds this morning. Now it will be cloudy and in the 60's today. Lots of errands to do!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
It was supposed to be a beautiful sunny day hitting 70 here as well, but they have changed their minds this morning. Now it will be cloudy and in the 60's today. Lots of errands to do!
Yesterday was gorgeous out. Today was supposed to rain a lot, but it doesn't look like "a lot" will happen. I need a free car wash already!

Drinking coffee, as usual. Plotting out how I will pill Sara this morning. She was already riled up by the time I tried to pill her this morning. I need to start getting up 15 minutes early again I think.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reading. Hurting. My daughter showered me so I feel all fresh and it's hot outside. Winter went too quickly.
Feeling a bit down and weepy.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Weeding out cookbooks. I have 3 boxes ready to go to our library for their book sale this summer. Man, that's hard. Sad, too. I also need to go through some of the kitchen stuff. If there's one thing that cleaning out Rick's parents' house has taught us is that, at some point, you have to start cleaning out the clutter. And I need to start on my clutter. But, it's really hard.

And now, I'll have to stay away from the library's book sale this summer. Seriously. I've been known to donate books, then go to the book sale, see one or two and buy them back!

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So lucky here. Sun is shining and the windows are open. Gorgeous day. Cats are loving the open windows!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Weeding out cookbooks. I have 3 boxes ready to go to our library for their book sale this summer. Man, that's hard. Sad, too. I also need to go through some of the kitchen stuff. If there's one thing that cleaning out Rick's parents' house has taught us is that, at some point, you have to start cleaning out the clutter. And I need to start on my clutter. But, it's really hard.

And now, I'll have to stay away from the library's book sale this summer. Seriously. I've been known to donate books, then go to the book sale, see one or two and buy them back!
I have been going through my books lately to put a donation box together too and I'm also getting rid of cookbooks. Mostly ones from Taste of Home. Yes, it is hard but it needs to be done. Our local Humane Society has a thrift store in town. They will be getting my stuff so the money will go towards helping homeless animals. That makes it easier.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm decorating some 1/2 pint ice cream containers to look like bunnies for my son and his roommates Easter care package.  He is beginning to dread my care packages.   It's so sad : /  Kim and I having so much fun putting them together.  I am also going to attempt to make a pig log pillow.  Got the rest of the fabric and thread yesterday.  Just need to get the pattern blown up and learn how to use the sewing machine.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

So lucky here. Sun is shining and the windows are open. Gorgeous day. Cats are loving the open windows!
I just got the weather update. Boston is officially at 75 degrees!! The sun is shining! Not much of a breeze! Windows and balcony door is open! 

Naturally, when I live, it is about 10 degrees cooler, but still beautiful! Loving this weather! 

It was actually hot in places away from the shore. 

So nice to have all the car windows open, hair flying in the breeze, radio blasting....reliving my youth!!!  and in March ! 

Unbelievable weather...

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm home on vacation and trying not to stew over a lot of things, especially Robins illness and the way many of his vets have seemed to think that it's ok if their treatment fixes him up for 2-3 days before he relapses again.

Not sure if this is normal bc I've never brought an animal to an animal ER clinic, but they refused to send him home with anti nausea medicines despite the fact they gave him a long acting medicine known to induce upset tummies, and they won't even let me come by and pick some up. I wonder if this has anything to do with the SPCA lady spending a half hour gossiping about me, insinuating (actually saying out right) that something about my apartment was making him sick. Obviously unless my apartment is filled with Petri dishes, it's due to the missed diagnosis of toxoplasmosis, something every vet overlooked largely because this woman told EVERY VET I went to that it was ok to ignore my observations, implying that my supposed mental illness (loudly discussed in front of me) made my observations unreliable. She got awful quiet when she found out that the last vet actually took my word for things, probably because I took myself there and she lost out on her chance to mouth off.

Yea, I'm PISSED. You don't claim to help an animal by telling the vet to ignore what the owners observations are!!! It's character assisination and in my opinion, animal neglect on her part. I'm actually thinking of seeking legal advice at this point.

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Laying down in bed. Took the day off from work and worked out in the yard trying to get the gardens ready for spring. Have some iris and daffodils poking through. Tonight is early to bed. Very sore. Broke my rake. The cats are all tucked in sleeping. Gonna zone out on here before I fall asleep.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm home on vacation and trying not to stew over a lot of things, especially Robins illness and the way many of his vets have seemed to think that it's ok if their treatment fixes him up for 2-3 days before he relapses again.

Not sure if this is normal bc I've never brought an animal to an animal ER clinic, but they refused to send him home with anti nausea medicines despite the fact they gave him a long acting medicine known to induce upset tummies, and they won't even let me come by and pick some up. I wonder if this has anything to do with the SPCA lady spending a half hour gossiping about me, insinuating (actually saying out right) that something about my apartment was making him sick. Obviously unless my apartment is filled with Petri dishes, it's due to the missed diagnosis of toxoplasmosis, something every vet overlooked largely because this woman told EVERY VET I went to that it was ok to ignore my observations, implying that my supposed mental illness (loudly discussed in front of me) made my observations unreliable. She got awful quiet when she found out that the last vet actually took my word for things, probably because I took myself there and she lost out on her chance to mouth off.

Yea, I'm PISSED. You don't claim to help an animal by telling the vet to ignore what the owners observations are!!! It's character assisination and in my opinion, animal neglect on her part. I'm actually thinking of seeking legal advice at this point.
It certainly seems odd to me that the ER vet wouldn't give anti-nausea meds to counteract a known side-effect of a medication that they prescribed.   What about your regular vet - the one who agrees with the toxoplasmosis diagnosis?  Would (s)he give you some?    I'm really sorry you've had to deal with toxic people and vets who don't listen to you, all while you're going through this difficult period with Robin.  You really don't need that.  What role does this person from the SPCA have in Robin's care?   Why is it any of her business?     Thank heavens you have a good vet now.  

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Eating dinner right now. In another hour have to log in to work and get on a call. Was told right before I left that I have to test something tonight. And of course I'm exhausted today. Ugh. Oh well, at least got her half-way pilled. Just need to get the Pepcid into her now. And I'm all pilled, ha.

Plus, I think I'm getting sick.

Is it Friday yet?

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It certainly seems odd to me that the ER vet wouldn't give anti-nausea meds to counteract a known side-effect of a medication that they prescribed.   What about your regular vet - the one who agrees with the toxoplasmosis diagnosis?  Would (s)he give you some?    I'm really sorry you've had to deal with toxic people and vets who don't listen to you, all while you're going through this difficult period with Robin.  You really don't need that.  What role does this person from the SPCA have in Robin's care?   Why is it any of her business?     Thank heavens you have a good vet now.  :rub:
The ER vet is the one who caught the possible link to toxoplasmosis; Robin doesn't see his regular vet for another day and a half, and if that one rejects the idea, I'm back at square one.

It is odd the ER vet refused. They claim it's because they may never see him again. Well, despite their good care, if they refused to give me a med that counteracts the nausea their med gave, or even an appetite stimulant, I can understand why people don't return there. It's not that they can't, it's because it's their "policy" despite the fact they know he had been seen by a regular vet his whole life. It's like "we will keep your animals alive as long as they are under our roof, but it's not our job once they leave." (Pretty much what I was told.)

I just want a vet who doesn't think their job is to "improve" Robin for the next 3 days. I want him TREATED until the symptoms STAY away.

Honestly, if I had the meds and a 48 hour crash course in emergency vet tech care, I could probably do what's been done for him since January maybe more.

The SPCA lady helped Robin with his first vet visit as a kitten. ( She/ the SPCA also paid for the vet visit before he crashed and was brought to the ER, the one I was told it's herpes here's drops, he'll be better in 3 days.) As as kitten, They did a lot but she requested they do a lot of testing. He needed dewormed and deflead, vaccines, but he was not sick otherwise. The vet went overboard and then I got yapped at for causing her too much money. When I'd say thank you that made it worse, so it's like I can't win. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

She's helped a few more times (2?) and for Robins sake I took the abuse like a man. Pet sitting, I get abused. Car trips. Texts. All of it. She once pet sat and said my apartment wasn't acceptable because there was a coffee cup on my coffee table. I offer to pay money for her help and get yelled at for that. I'll say thank you And am told stop saying thank you; then she accuses me of being ungrateful. This is a classic toxic relationship. I hate to come to that conclusion because frankly, she has saved Robins life but at what cost to my own self esteem?

I've left her money she's returned it. On and on.
It's only been recently that I've begun to see the direct link between her bad mouthing me and the level of attention the vets give my cat after they are told it's ok to ignore what I'm seeing (symptoms). I noticed it largely on Saturday when I brought Robin to the ER clinic myself and the vet went to the trouble to look up his months/years longs worth of symptoms. That's when it hit me: All the other vets sh spoke to patronized me, like it was in my head. Not this one (until she spoke to them). As a result, my cat almost died. I could see how that (temporarily) quieted the SPCA lady and I truly believe it was guilt that was why she paid for his overnight stay: still, SHE signed for his care, not me, and I'm the owner and that took things too far. I sign for his care. Period. No matter who pays.

Pardon my mini rant there lol

Last edited:

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Can you call your regular vet and tell them about Robin's trip to the ER and the medicine they gave him that causes nausea?  Maybe if you can send your regular vet a copy of your paperwork from the ER vet, they'll give you the anti-nausea medication Robin needs.
The ER vet is the one who caught the possible link to toxoplasmosis; Robin doesn't see his regular vet for another day and a half, and if that one rejects the idea, I'm back at square one.

It is odd the ER vet refused. They claim it's because they may never see him again. Well, despite their good care, if they refused to give me a med that counteracts the nausea their med gave, or even an appetite stimulant, I can understand why people don't return there. It's not that they can't, it's because it's their "policy" despite the fact they know he had been seen by a regular vet his whole life. It's like "we will keep your animals alive as long as they are under our roof, but it's not our job once they leave." (Pretty much what I was told.)

I just want a vet who doesn't think their job is to "improve" Robin for the next 3 days. I want him TREATED until the symptoms STAY away.

Honestly, if I had the meds and a 48 hour crash course in emergency vet tech care, I could probably do what's been done for him since January maybe more.

The SPCA lady helped Robin with his first vet visit as a kitten. ( She/ the SPCA also paid for the vet visit before he crashed and was brought to the ER, the one I was told it's herpes here's drops, he'll be better in 3 days.) As as kitten, They did a lot but she requested they do a lot of testing. He needed dewormed and deflead, vaccines, but he was not sick otherwise. The vet went overboard and then I got yapped at for causing her too much money. When I'd say thank you that made it worse, so it's like I can't win. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

She's helped a few more times (2?) and for Robins sake I took the abuse like a man. Pet sitting, I get abused. Car trips. Texts. All of it. She once pet sat and said my apartment wasn't acceptable because there was a coffee cup on my coffee table. I offer to pay money for her help and get yelled at for that. I'll say thank you And am told stop saying thank you; then she accuses me of being ungrateful. This is a classic toxic relationship. I hate to come to that conclusion because frankly, she has saved Robins life but at what cost to my own self esteem?

It's only been recently that I've begun to see the direct link between her bad mouthing me and the level of attention the vets give my cat after they are told it's ok to ignore what I'm seeing (symptoms). I noticed it largely on Saturday when I brought Robin to the ER clinic myself and the vet went to the trouble to look up his months/years longs worth of symptoms. That's when it hit me: All the other vets sh spoke to patronized me, like it was in my head. Not this one (until she spoke to them). As a result, my cat almost died. I could see how that (temporarily) quieted the SPCA lady and I truly believe it was guilt that was why she paid for his overnight stay: still, SHE signed for his care, not me, and I'm the owner and that took things too far. I sign for his care. Period. No matter who pays.

Can you call your regular vet and tell them about Robin's trip to the ER and the medicine they gave him that causes nausea?  Maybe if you can send your regular vet a copy of your paperwork from the ER vet, they'll give you the anti-nausea medication Robin needs.

You're absolutely right that you are the one who should be asked to sign for Robin's care, not the SPCA rep, even if she did pay for it.  You're in a tough bind there.  It's like having to deal with an insurance company in human medicine.  They have too much power over the quality of care because they're involved in payment.  It should be between you and your doctor, or in this case, between you and your vet.  .

Hopefully with the ER vet's diagnosis, your regular vet will be more help.  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Let it rip!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok. I'm in bed in agony. I finally obeyed those who told me to go to the doctor and went. Fat lot of good. I'm badly bruised is all but it's going to take a long time to heal. Rest rest rest like I'm not tired of resting. He said I was lucky I didn't break anything anD I told him I'm well padded. So that's it. Massages with ointment. The hot thing that heats in the microwave to warmest and maybe some massages but that's up to me. I did so much walking today I'm really sore but I'm reading all the threads and your comments.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Didn't the doctor give you anything for the pain?
  At least you know nothing is broken but what a drag to know it's going to take so long to heal.  
    Will your health coverage pay for massages?  They would feel great, if so, especially if the masseuse came to you.  It sounds like all the walking is setting your progress back.   I hope you feel better soon. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon stewball stewball ! Being in pain is just awful.

Cats are fed, Sara's all pilled (did that first thing this morning). Trying to get the oomph to get up and get my butt out the door - it's just not there today. Still dealing with this pinched nerve, so not sleeping really well at night right now. Waking up hitting the snooze button more often than not. Need to scoop the litter still, my back has been killing me after doing it these days.

But, it's Friday! :banana1:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't the doctor give you anything for the pain? :9:   At least you know nothing is broken but what a drag to know it's going to take so long to heal.  :mad:     Will your health coverage pay for massages?  They would feel great, if so, especially if the masseuse came to you.  It sounds like all the walking is setting your progress back.   I hope you feel better soon. :alright:   
He told me to take ordinary painkillers which don't help. The massages cost half price with my medical insurance. He even mentioned shiatsu! He was very nice made me lean back and forward and said I was flexible and he didn't tell me to lose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.