The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Having dinner, spilled some hot cheese on my chest and hoping I didn't burn myself. Contemplating going to bed early since I didn't sleep well last night.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Trying to plan my day out in my head. I really need to start writing things down. :nod:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Contemplating working from home today. Somehow annoyed my pinched nerve again by doing the same dang thing the last time I annoyed it - I dared to stretch when I woke up. There's just this *pop* that you feel and I just knew I messed up. So much so I stayed in that stretched position for a minute because I KNEW it would hurt. Dangit.

Driving will be quite painful, that I know.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Just sent off an email to a school regarding a vet tech program asking for more information. Because I'm absolutely insane.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
If that is what you want to do-then go for it-I dont think you are insane.
Mid-life crisis? :lol3: I'm 39 and still paying off my student loans from my Masters. On the plus side, this might halt the interest on it for a couple of years! Have to look into that more.

I think the question is - what do I want to do with it? I don't think I could make a true living with it (ie, can't give up my "day job"). So many things to consider. Makes me almost wish I was half my age again. Almost.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just sitting and relaxing right now. I've already cleaned the floors, cleaned the kitchen, walked to the dollar store and library, fed my kids lunch and read my daughter a couple of books and it's not even noon yet.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Mid-life crisis?
I'm 39 and still paying off my student loans from my Masters. On the plus side, this might halt the interest on it for a couple of years! Have to look into that more.

I think the question is - what do I want to do with it? I don't think I could make a true living with it (ie, can't give up my "day job"). So many things to consider. Makes me almost wish I was half my age again. Almost.
We are in the same age-i already turned 40. I have several different degrees.no masters. I went into the trades but its boring as heck. I started taking biology classes on study dot com and its $100 a month unlimited=no text books-I have to get all the biology basics to get into vet tech type school-I only have math and mechanical type things for education as well as graphic arts. I too wish I could get into the vet field. I am facinated by science.So far I got Biology 101, 103 and working on 102-DNA=its really hard=nitty gritty.

I decided to get the back ground AP type courses done-you can whats called CLEP the class to earn credits=you may be able to test out if you already have a masters=most classes are redundent in my eyes.

I wasnt as interested in high school. head in the clouds. I actually did college for three years then dropped out. went back after 5 years when I couldnt find a job paying more than $9 an hour.

I have seen jobs posted but I don't have the experience..I should just jump and do it but I am scared. I like the people I work with. Its stable hours and the work isnt too bad but I dont have any furries to pet

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
We are in the same age-i already turned 40. I have several different degrees.no masters. I went into the trades but its boring as heck. I started taking biology classes on study dot com and its $100 a month unlimited=no text books-I have to get all the biology basics to get into vet tech type school-I only have math and mechanical type things for education as well as graphic arts. I too wish I could get into the vet field. I am facinated by science.So far I got Biology 101, 103 and working on 102-DNA=its really hard=nitty gritty.

I decided to get the back ground AP type courses done-you can whats called CLEP the class to earn credits=you may be able to test out if you already have a masters=most classes are redundent in my eyes.

I wasnt as interested in high school. head in the clouds. I actually did college for three years then dropped out. went back after 5 years when I couldnt find a job paying more than $9 an hour.

I have seen jobs posted but I don't have the experience..I should just jump and do it but I am scared. I like the people I work with. Its stable hours and the work isnt too bad but I dont have any furries to pet :lol3:  
I figure whatever I would do with it, it would only be part-time. Can't afford to live on a vet tech's salary. But I think it would fulfill my life a bit more to do something like that. Even if I use it to help out at shelters and what-not. The only other thing with this is it is an online study program, with a need to have actual experience after the first "tier", so would either need to get p/t employment at a vet's office or volunteer work. That would include having a vet/vet tech as a "mentor" of sorts. I'm really, REALLY hoping it would be possible to work at my vet's office. For the sheer fact that it is right next door. Otherwise, would have to look into things more and get to know people.

On that note - network, network, and network some more. I spent two and a half years doing things that involved me working with IT folks back when I was on the business side at my company (at a pretty low-level position at that), and now I've been in IT for three and a half years. No technical background whatsoever. So try not to be scared to take the leap. Just keep your eyes open while you jump. Of course in my case, the only networking I've been able to do in terms of animal-related stuff is my vet's office. I was only there more than a dozen times in the last few months, and every single person that works there knows me.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I figure whatever I would do with it, it would only be part-time. Can't afford to live on a vet tech's salary. But I think it would fulfill my life a bit more to do something like that. Even if I use it to help out at shelters and what-not. The only other thing with this is it is an online study program, with a need to have actual experience after the first "tier", so would either need to get p/t employment at a vet's office or volunteer work. That would include having a vet/vet tech as a "mentor" of sorts. I'm really, REALLY hoping it would be possible to work at my vet's office. For the sheer fact that it is right next door. Otherwise, would have to look into things more and get to know people.

On that note - network, network, and network some more. I spent two and a half years doing things that involved me working with IT folks back when I was on the business side at my company (at a pretty low-level position at that), and now I've been in IT for three and a half years. No technical background whatsoever. So try not to be scared to take the leap. Just keep your eyes open while you jump. Of course in my case, the only networking I've been able to do in terms of animal-related stuff is my vet's office. I was only there more than a dozen times in the last few months, and every single person that works there knows me.
I think any vet's office or shelter would jump at the chance to have a vet tech who is also in IT. Especially one who knows a lot about cats already. 

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
I think any vet's office or shelter would jump at the chance to have a vet tech who is also in IT. Especially one who knows a lot about cats already. :clap:
I definitely like to think that :) I guess it depends on how much help they need and also how much time they could afford to spend in the preceptor role (I'm learning already from this, learned two new words today - practicum and preceptor).

Already set up an appt with them to discuss some things and sent my transcript. I am having flashbacks to doing something similar to this almost ten years ago when I realized I'd be 30 soon...

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm at the point in my day that all i have left that needs doing today is to work on finalizing my shopping list for this coming saturday. i decided to change one meal on my meal plan from making spaghetti, to making fideo (mexican spaghetti). fideo sounds interesting, and like it will taste good. my hope is always that i'll like a new recipe enough that it can become one of my 'regulars'.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in my prone position reading all these threads. I'm getting tired.
Wondering what the doctor will say and do about this back. He'd better not tell me to lose weight!!!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
going to be making the kitties a snack shortly, then make myself some dinner. then i'll watch some tv show or another, and off to bed. i've got a 'busy' day planned for tomorrow, and the hare today raw food order is scheduled to arrive. so i'll be prepping, portioning, vacuum sealing, then freezing that tomorrow too. i've got color coding stickers to use on the vacuum sealed portions, so i can easily tell what meat i've got when it's frozen.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just got done babysitting my 18 month old niece. I'm exhausted and I still have to make an hour drive to the farm bc Clawdia has her spay surgery bright and early tomorrow morning!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking a vacation day from work today. We are to be in the mid-70s and I have a serious case spring fever. Told my boss yesterday that if I didn't show up at work, it was vacation. Another co-worker told him the same thing. GMTA 
 So I'm sitting here at the computer, drinking my coffee and getting ready to dive into some housework. I plan on opening the windows later on this morning, cranking up the music and "house-working" the day away! 

Status
Not open for further replies.