The "What are you Doing" Thread - 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking my coffee, cringing at the nerve-headache I can feel coming on. Debating going into the office vs working from home. And realizing how lucky I really am to have that option now.

And then after typing that last part and getting distracted before hitting send (SQUIRREL!) I set up all the non-auto bill payments for February, folded the laundry that was in the dryer, and threw the towels in the washer into the dryer.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Stew: 

I cannot sleep well either. I have always been a really light sleeper. I used to think that it was because I was living with and taking care of my dad. He has been gone 4 years. Today is his birthday. He would have been 94.

I have had a very stressful 4 years with a lot of stuff going on.

I still have problems sleeping. I toss and turn, my body parts ache. I am restless. I hardly ever get a good nights sleep. I honestly feel I sleep better on the recliner, in front of tv, with Artie curled up on my lap.

I slept really good 2 nights ago. I was out like a light. Nothing would have woken me. I had really good dreams.

Right now, I do not have any stress. Things, for the most part are slowing down; yet I still have insomnia some nights.

I have a habit of going to bed, with the radio on soft. I listen to a local talk show. It is not a horrendous one. It seems, just listening to the lull of the voices gets me to sleep. I have done this for years. 

I have been eating a very early supper. I think that does help also. 

Fyllis, thanks for the idea of lavender oil. I think I will try some....

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually set the alarm this morning so I could get up a bit early. The maintenance man was coming to adjust the temperature setting on my new water heater because it just wasn't getting hot enough. Now, I am waiting for the water in the tank to get hot so I can take a shower. Then I want to work on some laundry. I need to strip the bed and wash the sheets, but I want to wash the blankets and pillows too. 

After scooping poop and feeding the Boys, I thoroughly cleaned their water fountain! Disassembled it and soaked all the pieces in vinegar and baking soda, then put it all back together and changed the filter in it. They have been drinking up a storm! 

​Later his afternoon - maybe evening? - (after laundry and basic house cleaning) I really need to do a manicure! Removing old polish that is almost worn off, shaping and buffing my nails, reapplying 4 coats of polish (base coat, 2 layers of color, and a top coat) and hydrating my cuticles. I love the results, but it takes forever waiting between coats of polish so it can completely dry. I've learned I have to be very careful not to pet the Boys while doing this because cat hair and wet polish just don't seem to work well together! LOL 

All in all, it seems like I am going to have a boring day!

Hopefully, I'll get in some reading or catch a couple movies while doing my nails. The pedicure is going to have to wait for another day!

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Got busy and lost track of time. Late lunch today. Awaiting my chicken katsu right now and then time to chow down!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doing my nightly thing! That's being with b lot on here.
Artiesmom
Thank you for your message. I actually finish on the net and read until I feel sleep coming on.
Fyllis
Why don't you use quick drying nail varnish ?
I'm reading all about our special cats. Cleaner coming tomorrow. Cut my nails short today. Hoping to see the orthopedic doctor about my shoulder tomorrow. I'm going without an appointment. I hope I'm lucky.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Chatting with my friend up in Toronto on FB. She's a vet tech and also who I got Maple from. Maple was born on my 25th birthday and she used that and the fact she was a black cat to get me to take one. Yeah, needed to twist my arm really badly there! She's also a crazy cat lady so we have a lot in common :lol3:

molly22

Country girl living the life with my furry friends
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling pretty stressed tonight. I found out at work that the best boss I could ever have is retiring. With change comes fear of the unknown I guess.

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling pretty stressed tonight. I found out at work that the best boss I could ever have is retiring. With change comes fear of the unknown I guess.
Unfortunately a lot of good things in life don't last forever, but then again, a lot of bad times don't either. Hopefully you will get a great new boss,

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
My area is going through another re-org, so I can kinda relate. Thankfully in our case, it's more along the lines of our boss is moving up in the world, but we're still aligned to him. But now our big boss has a whole new team that he has to take care of. So yeah, will be interesting to see where it goes.

Having my coffee right now, watching the cats freak out because I refuse to feed them before 6am (even though I woke up at 5). They're starting to calm down but now they are just watching, waiting to pounce the moment I move. All have me within their line of sight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Sitting here trying to figure out what to do with my day.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to store today and every aisle was full of items to go onto shelves.  Guessing partly delay from snow and people buying in prep but it shocked me that it was the entire store.  

Son is napping and I am working on litter boxes and a grocery list for the sale items for end of the week.  For 1 adult and a toddler I feel like I just shop all the time!
My son eats soooo much, I feel like I'm always buying him food. I don't know how someone who is only 25 pounds can possibly eat so much but he does.

We just got back from walking the girl I babysit to school. It's wind today which is making it feel a lot colder than it is. Trying to warm up now and wishing it was Saturday. My mother in law is taking my kids overnight, we are doing an escape room with some friends and then going to a bar to see a different friends band play. It's going to be a very late night but I'm very excited.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought Henry a new litter box. He's not liking the Booda Dome one anymore so it's being retired. It's this one

The steps haven't cut back on tracking much and it takes up a lot of room.

I bought him this one instead. He still has his favorite one. It has high sides but it's not covered. He does use the covered ones that the girls use on occasion. We have 5 boxes. 

I think he'll like this one better than the Booda Dome. I hope he does

ETA: I updated my review of the Booda Dome. 

Last edited:

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My area is going through another re-org, so I can kinda relate. Thankfully in our case, it's more along the lines of our boss is moving up in the world, but we're still aligned to him. But now our big boss has a whole new team that he has to take care of. So yeah, will be interesting to see where it goes.

Having my coffee right now, watching the cats freak out because I refuse to feed them before 6am (even though I woke up at 5). They're starting to calm down but now they are just watching, waiting to pounce the moment I move. All have me within their line of sight.
I had a set schedule that I wouldn't feed Midnight until 7am, but more than once, she would pounce on the bed (and generally on my stomach---ooof!) around 5:30, and meow for her morning breakfast. She was really bad about that for a few years. Then one day, she just accepted the fact that this is how it was going to be, and stopped doing it. My stomach sure was glad for the fact!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kat0121, we have a Booda Dome in our bedroom. BooBoo and Tabby use it all the time. Muffin uses it occasionally. I agree that it doesn't really cut down on litter tracking much at all. And that it takes up more space than a conventional litter box.

Now you would think that, because of the way the cat goes up the steps and has to turn a corner to get into the litter box, that that would stop a certain beagle, who shall remain nameless, from sticking her body inside that thing to eat poop. It does not stop her. The other night, Miss Nameless Beagle came into the bedroom and immediately walked over to the Booda Dome and went inside that thing to the point that only her hind end, two rear legs and a tail were sticking out. A sharp, "Get outta there!" got her back out. And I think, without being able to eat anything. I honestly thought she'd never get up inside. She proved me wrong. 
  (She's just lucky she's so cute.)

I am coaching myself to get my butt outside for my walk. It is very windy here, too, and we are now up to 25 F, so it's going to be quite chilly. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Kat0121, we have a Booda Dome in our bedroom. BooBoo and Tabby use it all the time. Muffin uses it occasionally. I agree that it doesn't really cut down on litter tracking much at all. And that it takes up more space than a conventional litter box.

Now you would think that, because of the way the cat goes up the steps and has to turn a corner to get into the litter box, that that would stop a certain beagle, who shall remain nameless, from sticking her body inside that thing to eat poop. It does not stop her. The other night, Miss Nameless Beagle came into the bedroom and immediately walked over to the Booda Dome and went inside that thing to the point that only her hind end, two rear legs and a tail were sticking out. A sharp, "Get outta there!" got her back out. And I think, without being able to eat anything. I honestly thought she'd never get up inside. She proved me wrong. 
  (She's just lucky she's so cute.)

I am coaching myself to get my butt outside for my walk. It is very windy here, too, and we are now up to 25 F, so it's going to be quite chilly. 
I hope he likes the new one. It will be here tomorrow. He likes having 2 boxes. The girls don't use his boxes but he will occasionally use one of theirs. 

I am lucky that Bailey has never seen the litter boxes as "treat dispensers". It would be like an all you can eat buffet if she did.

I have all 5 boxes in the cat room. The 3 that the girls use are all in a row along the back wall and then Henry's 2 are against the wall closer to the door. Miss J would have a great time in there. 

I'd like to donate the Booda Dome to the shelter that Henry came from. If I soak it and then scrub it a few times with hot water and an enzymatic cleaner, would the cats there use it? I imagine that some might still reject it but others might not care (I hope). I'd rather not hang on to it and I'd hate to put it out with the recyclables if the shelter can put it to use. 

molly22

Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately a lot of good things in life don't last forever, but then again, a lot of bad times don't either. Hopefully you will get a great new boss,
Thanks for the kind works. I woke up feeling better today.

molly22

Adult Cat
Purraise

It seems like organizations are always reorganizing and get more top heavy as they go. It feels like there's too much management and not enough staff. Life I guess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just have zero motivation today. Aaron's been on phone meeting today for the most of the day, so I've been upstairs trying to be fairly quiet. I did manage to go out for a walk and did a little straightening downstairs before eh started with the meetings I should straighten up here, but just don't feel like it. :dk:

Status
Not open for further replies.