The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can I join in on this thread? My hubby and I decided last week we need to lose weight. Last year, I started eating healthier and smaller portions and lost close to 20 pounds. Then I got pregnant, had a premature baby and gained it all back, plus 7 more pounds. We were eating way too much junk food while our daughter was in the hospital for 62 days and then it was hard to stop after because we got used to it. My husband is doing the keto diet and I am just eating healthier and not snacking or eating fast food. I want to lower my blood pressure so I can (hopefully) carry our next baby full term and lose in total 65 pounds. My husband wants to lose 130 pounds. 

We started yesterday. We waited until after Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend because it would be much harder to eat healthy with huge turkey dinners put in front of us. I weighed in at 195 today. My first goal is to get to 150 pounds by my 28th birthday which isn't until August. My ultimate goal is 130 pounds. I am BAD BAD BAD for snacking. I have a fridge full of healthier snacks if I find myself wanting to snack. I tend to buy chips, cookies, pop, pizza or frozen unhealthy food as snacks. This time, I bought celery, carrots, apples, grapes, pineapple and snack size bags of popcorn. 

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Please join us....you are more than welcome! Congrats on choosing healthy snacks. It's really difficult to make wise decisions, especially when your body tells you that it wants junk food! 

(You're more than welcome to join us in the exercise thread, too, if you'd like.)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome catlover19. If you did it last year you can do it again!! Good for you for taking the first step. Enjoy your beautiful baby and enjoy the healthier you :)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. It's been a hard few days getting used to eating better and not eating unhealthy snacks. I love to snack in the evening while watching TV or a movie. Last night, I had the urge to snack so I made a single serve bag of popcorn and then before bed I had a yogurt. I wasn't trying to eat really low calorie yesterday but at the end of the day I had only ate 676 calories so I ate a yogurt. My goal is between 1000 and 1200 calories a day.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Guess I'm the first to 
 this morning.....

I lost .4 pound this past week.You know what? I'll take it. After a month or more of messing around, staying the same, gaining a bit, and so on, I'll take even a bit of a loss.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Guess I'm the first to 
 this morning.....

I lost .4 pound this past week.You know what? I'll take it. After a month or more of messing around, staying the same, gaining a bit, and so on, I'll take even a bit of a loss.
Congrats...just think, you know how you'd feel if you were .4 lbs. up - we never celebrate as much as we'd get perturbed..lol.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my first full week back from vacation, new average shows a .42 lb. loss..lol.  I'll take it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Can I join in on this thread? My hubby and I decided last week we need to lose weight. Last year, I started eating healthier and smaller portions and lost close to 20 pounds. Then I got pregnant, had a premature baby and gained it all back, plus 7 more pounds. We were eating way too much junk food while our daughter was in the hospital for 62 days and then it was hard to stop after because we got used to it. My husband is doing the keto diet and I am just eating healthier and not snacking or eating fast food. I want to lower my blood pressure so I can (hopefully) carry our next baby full term and lose in total 65 pounds. My husband wants to lose 130 pounds. 

We started yesterday. We waited until after Canadian Thanksgiving this past weekend because it would be much harder to eat healthy with huge turkey dinners put in front of us. I weighed in at 195 today. My first goal is to get to 150 pounds by my 28th birthday which isn't until August. My ultimate goal is 130 pounds. I am BAD BAD BAD for snacking. I have a fridge full of healthier snacks if I find myself wanting to snack. I tend to buy chips, cookies, pop, pizza or frozen unhealthy food as snacks. This time, I bought celery, carrots, apples, grapes, pineapple and snack size bags of popcorn. :)  
Welcome! :wavey:

Guess I'm the first to :scale:  this morning.....

Well my first full week back from vacation, new average shows a .42 lb. loss..lol.  I'll take it!
Nice job to both of you! :clap:

OK, here is my story. When I weighed myself yesterday morning I had lost that pesky pound. I had a bad day yesterday. I ate breakfast and never got around to having anything else because I was in a really bad mood, and also stressed and anxious. As soon as I was done with my eye doctor's appointment Aaron drove to the local Mexican restaurant because by then I was super hungry, still in a bad mood and just completely wiped out. So yep, that pound is back today.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. Many doctors will say no more than 2 pounds a week, which would be about 16 pounds, still quite a good accomplishment. I think if you would shoot for that, you'd be fine and your doctor would still be very pleased. It's a really good effort. Good luck!
In the old days when I went to weight watchers 1lb a week was quite satisfactory.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good work Winchester and Pat. Yay!! I'd celebrate 1 oz lost.;)
At least the eye appointment is over Abbysmom. I can't let myself get super hungry, it always ends in disaster. You are doing great:)

I've been sneaky again. I weighed myself yesterday morning (frid in Australia) and I was up 10 oz so I decided to weigh again this morning the same as you guys. Still up 10oz. (Sneaky didn't work!!) it's a bit disappointing because I stuck to my calorie count every day except one which was less than 100 over 60 ish I think. And I stuck to the challenge- which was fairly horrid some nights!! The positive thing is that I know know that I need to reduce my daily calories ( not that eating less is positive!!!). A while ago I increased my calories but I haven't stuck to it since. I've been totally off the rails with eating but keeping up with exercise.

Good luck to everyone else with your weigh ins WE CAN DO THIS!!:)

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, that pound would have back on me, too. 

Tammat, I was good this past week. I mean I was really good. I stayed right below 1200 calories every day. Every day! And I walked and ellipticalled (is that a word?? 
)  Don't get me wrong; I'm pleased about the .4. But geez......

But yesterday at work, I was walking into the restroom and a woman from another dept was coming out. She stopped and said, "You know, Pam, you're shrinking! Lookin' good there!" It made my day! 

And I've noticed that my arms are looking better and I think it's because of the hated elliptical!

gatsunokisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is this still open for joiners? I have been overweight since having my kids years ago. Nothing seemed to work to drop the weight; except losing stress.
The week I decided to end a bad long term relationship I dropped 20 lbs(plus the additional 160 lbs of man)but it all came back when I settled into a comfy new relationship.
I cannot do impact exercises but I have looked into chair exercises. Over the last year recovering from a broken ankle I passed the 220 mark and really am pretty upset with myself over it.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Karen, that pound would have back on me, too. :hugs:

Tammat, I was good this past week. I mean I was really good. I stayed right below 1200 calories every day. Every day! And I walked and ellipticalled (is that a word?? :lol3: )  Don't get me wrong; I'm pleased about the .4. But geez......

But yesterday at work, I was walking into the restroom and a woman from another dept was coming out. She stopped and said, "You know, Pam, you're shrinking! Lookin' good there!" It made my day! :D  

And I've noticed that my arms are looking better and I think it's because of the hated elliptical!
You have been really- really good!!! Way to go!! Yes I would want a little more weight loss for that hard work but if people are noticing and complementing you then that's awesome!! The hated elliptical is supposed to work your tummy too I think? I should try mine out to see if it still works!!

gatsunokisu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well um, Thanks. I will keep an eye on this thread so I can know where to start.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weighed myself this morning.... 190.4. Thats 4.6 pounds gone since Tuesday. 
 The first bit always comes off easily. My husband has lost 12 pounds this week. He's a big guy so he has a lot to lose.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Welcome, gatsunokisu! 

Kudos, Mrs. B! You're doing great! 

I didn't know the elliptical would help the tummy area, too, although I suppose it makes sense. I tend to try to keep myself fairly well-aligned when I'm on it, so maybe it is working on my tummy, too. (And maybe the "hated" elliptical isn't quite so "hated" anymore)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Catlover19. Wow!! That's some weight loss!! Well done.

Last days for the torture challenge!!! Nearly there. Keep going.

I've dropped my calories down 300 less a day and I've stuck to no eating after dinner. Fingers crossed for a loss on Friday PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.