Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome gatsunokisu! :wavey:

Well done catlover19! :clap:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

I do my official weigh-in's on Tuesdays. 189.4 today...very happy to see the 180's again. I lost 5.6 pounds.
You are doing beautifully! Kudos! 

It's getting rough (again). Last night? I started to scrounge for anything. I was so tired and so sleepy and I was trying to get some laundry done. Got into the pantry and then I slapped my hands. Went back to the computer room and rearranged a desk drawer. (Honestly, I must have the best looking drawers around by now, between my bureau drawers and my desk drawers). Got the last load of laundry folded and put away. Went to bed and struggled to stay awake long enough to watch Supernatural. And that was all she wrote......
 Made it through another day. 

I better have lost some weight this week! 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing beautifully! Kudos! :clap:  :woohoo:

It's getting rough (again). Last night? I started to scrounge for anything. I was so tired and so sleepy and I was trying to get some laundry done. Got into the pantry and then I slapped my hands. Went back to the computer room and rearranged a desk drawer. (Honestly, I must have the best looking drawers around by now, between my bureau drawers and my desk drawers). Got the last load of laundry folded and put away. Went to bed and struggled to stay awake long enough to watch Supernatural. And that was all she wrote......:sleep2:  Made it through another day. 

I better have lost some weight this week! :wife:
Well done Pam. I really struggled today too. I was down right grumpy. It's so close to weigh in and we are so close to our goals. Come on we can do this!!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
It's been a week into Weight Watchers.. I know I did really good. I tracked everything, stayed on my point target. Even though I went away for the weekend, I was very conscious of what I was eating and did a lot of walking.

Imaging how upset I was to find out I gained a pound on the scale. I almost ate my nieces chocolate bars that I'm supposed to be selling at work, I was that upset. But I controlled myself. Maybe I had too much salt.. (salted sunflower seeds I like to munch on) or maybe I'm about to get my period.. give it another week and see how I do next week.

My mom had to calm me down, put me to perspective on this.

On a side note, I made Applesauce in the crockpot this morning. No sugar added, just apples, cinnamon and pumpkin nutmeg (0 pts!). I am looking forward to coming home for lunch to smell its goodness!

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Draco that's a bummer for you. This dieting thing is tough. You did so well not to eat the chocolates. Hang in there, the scales will show your hard work soon. In the mean time enjoy your apple sauce :)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can do it! I did it! 2 lbs lost for me!!! I ate 300 calories less each day this week and exercised like a mad woman. I stuck to the challenge and didn't eat after dinner. Yesterday two people told me I looked great, that was such a nice feeling.I am inspired to keep going. If I can do it you can too. I know you can. Good luck.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Well done, Tammat! I knew you could do it! 

I stayed the same. Despite everything, I stayed the same. 

I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to eat. I kept under my 1200-calorie goal every single day. No eating after 6:30 (had to be 6:30 because some nights I didn't get home from work til then). Drank the darn water. No soda, other than one diet Mt. Dew. And sometimes it was so cold at work that I didn't even drink that, but drank extra coffee instead....black, of course.

And I stayed the same. Since the beginning of the month, I have done nothing constructive weight-wise. Nothing. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done, Tammat! I knew you could do it! :woohoo:

I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to eat. I kept under my 1200-calorie goal every single day. No eating after 6:30 (had to be 6:30 because some nights I didn't get home from work til then). Drank the darn water. No soda, other than one diet Mt. Dew. And sometimes it was so cold at work that I didn't even drink that, but drank extra coffee instead....black, of course.

And I stayed the same. Since the beginning of the month, I have done nothing constructive weight-wise. Nothing. 
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Maybe your body is telling you that you are at your goal weight?

Fantastic job, Tamela! :clap:

Draco, until your body gets used to your new med dose will it be harder to lose?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So I was an idiot this morning and forgot to weigh myself before I had breakfast! If I go by yesterday's weight I did manage to lose that pound.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well done, Tammat! I knew you could do it! 

Fwiw, if I accidentally would close my day early (you can go back and edit/correct this by adding the missing meal's details) on myfitnesspal, it yells at you, talks about if you eat too little your body will go into "maintain" mode.  Under 1200 calories is, imo, possibly your problem.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to all who lost weight!  I lost 1.86 lbs. this week, feels good to get back to what has been my "rhythm".  I really think I have got this now, which is a good thing since I'm in this to finish :) Almost 122 lbs. lost now.  That stuns, saddens *and* makes me proud.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done everybody. We are winning. Just by making small changes we are winning. It's a pity the scales can't say " well you didn't lose weight this week but your body is healthier and stronger than what it was last week" your scales are evil Pam. That's just not fair. Pat has a point about eating less than 1200 calories a day. You run the risk of not getting enough nutrients your body needs plus your body can go into survival mode and instead of burning fat it stores it instead. My understanding is that you can however have a total of less than 1200 calories per day if you create a deficit through exercise. Eg eat 1250 calories and burn off 300 calories= 950 total calories for the day. Myfitnesspal doesn't growl at you if you do this!!! Some of you probably already do this?

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done everybody. We are winning. Just by making small changes we are winning. It's a pity the scales can't say " well you didn't lose weight this week but your body is healthier and stronger than what it was last week" your scales are evil Pam. That's just not fair. Pat has a point about eating less than 1200 calories a day. You run the risk of not getting enough nutrients your body needs plus your body can go into survival mode and instead of burning fat it stores it instead. My understanding is that you can however have a total of less than 1200 calories per day if you create a deficit through exercise. Eg eat 1250 calories and burn off 300 calories= 950 total calories for the day. Myfitnesspal doesn't growl at you if you do this!!! Some of you probably already do this?
Good point!  I have confession..when I exercise, it tends to be because I am eating out or in some way feel I need more "calories in my allowance" for that day...lol.  So..I eat those exercise calories, and hope that revving up my metabolism, and toning the legs will be the benefits anyway.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Congrats to all who lost weight!  I lost 1.86 lbs. this week, feels good to get back to what has been my "rhythm".  I really think I have got this now, which is a good thing since I'm in this to finish :) Almost 122 lbs. lost now.  That stuns, saddens *and* makes me proud.
Well done, Pat! :clap::clap:

lokel

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Id love to join this weight loss group. I'm a stay at home mom of 2. Im on the heavy side and need to lose the extra weight. In Jan i had surgery to repair a bladder prolapse and need to lose my extra weight to prevent a reoccurance or a different prolapse. Prolapse suck, lol
Im looking forward to being apart of this group and getting healthy.

sonadora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Id love to join this weight loss group. I'm a stay at home mom of 2. Im on the heavy side and need to lose the extra weight. In Jan i had surgery to repair a bladder prolapse and need to lose my extra weight to prevent a reoccurance or a different prolapse. Prolapse suck, lol
LoKeL, I'm with you! I'm a full-time student and I need motivation/encouragement to stay focused! I'm sorry to hear about your surgery, I hope all went well! 

Looking forward to happy, healthy posts!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pat, that's just amazing....you've done such a wonderful job. You should be very proud of yourself. Wonderful job!

Welcome Lokel....we're happy to have you with us! I'm sorry about your surgery and I hope you're doing better now.

And welcome, sonadora.....glad you can join in on the "fun"!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

LoKeL, I'm with you! I'm a full-time student and I need motivation/encouragement to stay focused! I'm sorry to hear about your surgery, I hope all went well! 

Looking forward to happy, healthy posts!
Welcome to both of you! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.