The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a swing up yesterday, and no clue why, so that ruined my results a bit, but my average for this last week shows a 1.1 lb. loss for the week.  I'll take it!!  I'm up for this week's challenge - count me in :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

I thought my before and after pics might help keep people on track. Myself included! If I could do it, WE ALL CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
Keep up all the good work

You look great! :clap: Well done! Are you having a hard time keeping it off or is that going OK?

It's Friday morning here in Australia. I have been naughty this week. I thought I might have gained a little but got a very rude shock. I gained 2.2 lb. That will take me two weeks to lose that. It's a good lesson learnt. I will not be doing the same next week.

My challenge for everyone this week is: No eating after dinner (evening meal).

This may not work for everyone but I know if I stick to it I lose weight.
I hope you all do well with your weigh ins.:)
Smitten4kittens you have done an amazing job. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing:)
I can handle that challenge! :bigthumb:

You and I are both in the same boat. This morning I am up one pound since last Friday. Yesterday I was down .4 so that one meal has cost me 1.4 pounds. I realize a lot of it is water weight, but it is frustrating.

Naughty!! 

We're pulling you back onto this bandwagon. Those are the blips and fluctuations that wouldn't even be seen if we weighed monthly.

l did so-so this week. l was a bit naughty too. l lost more weight than my weigh in today, and gained some back, but still had overall loss.
l'm now 191.8 down from 192.6 for a loss of 0.8lbs, or 12.8oz - it sounds better in ounces!

Good luck with your weigh-ins today everyone.
Well done! :clap:

Smitten, you look gorgeous! Absolutely wonderful! And what an inspiration for the rest of us.

Tammat, it will be OK. Hang in there.

Peaches, downward trend. That's what important.

I lost 1.2 pounds.....like Peaches, it would have been more, I think, but I came in contact with July 4th! (Rick's hamburgers, my sister had a two-layer chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Need I say more? As it is, I stayed away from a lot of the food and I drank no wine or anything like that.)

Saturday will be my day, I'm afraid. We're doing our July shindig tomorrow.
Well done! :clap: I'm sure you will indulge a little tomorrow, but the important thing is to be back on the wagon for Sunday. As Tammat said, we still need to live a little.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a swing up yesterday, and no clue why, so that ruined my results a bit, but my average for this last week shows a 1.1 lb. loss for the week.  I'll take it!!  I'm up for this week's challenge - count me in :)

Good job, Pat! :clap:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my doctors appointment went great. Last weigh in was 213.and today was 208. I hope his scale was right cause mine isn't working right. I will take his scale anytime .

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
New measurements...

14.50 in. neck  ( - .25)
43.75 in. ta-ta's ( -.25)
38.00 in. belly  (+ .50)
40.00 in. hips  (new stat)
42.25 in. booty  (+ .25)
24.50 in. L. thigh (+ .50)
24.25 in. R. thigh (+ .25) 

So, I've lost 1" overall from my boobs (yay!), and even though the booty went up a little this week, it's still down .75 overall (yay).  Neck went down (yay).  But I am confused about the belly... it keeps going up! (pout).  I'm hoping the thigh increase is due to muscle (go yoga!), but eventually I'd like to see that either stabilize or go down again.

Smitten4Kittens.... incredible!  Thank you for sharing.  Gives me hope. 

DeJolane... awesome!  I hope your doc is as proud of you as we are. 

Abby's Mom... keep at it.  Water weight is just one of those things.

Winchester... I hear ya, family holiday dinners are always the worst.  You don't want to offend anyone by NOT eating a little something that they brought, but at the same time, you don't want to over-do it.  Tough balancing act.  

Tammat... you're killin' me, lol.... but I should be able to meet that challenge, since I tend to eat late dinners.  I HAVE stuck to my first "bad habit" challenge... so this is just an extension of that. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat, AbbysMom, dejolane and Furmonster mom Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!
Great work everyone. You have all done so well. I'm proud of everyone on this thread.
Keep up the good work:)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
New measurements...

14.50 in. neck  ( - .25)

43.75 in. ta-ta's ( -.25)

38.00 in. belly  (+ .50)

40.00 in. hips  (new stat)

42.25 in. booty  (+ .25)

24.50 in. L. thigh (+ .50)

24.25 in. R. thigh (+ .25) 

So, I've lost 1" overall from my boobs (yay!), and even though the booty went up a little this week, it's still down .75 overall (yay).  Neck went down (yay).  But I am confused about the belly... it keeps going up! (pout).  I'm hoping the thigh increase is due to muscle (go yoga!), but eventually I'd like to see that either stabilize or go down again.

Smitten4Kittens.... incredible!  Thank you for sharing.  Gives me hope.  :bigthumb:

DeJolane... awesome!  I hope your doc is as proud of you as we are.  :clap:

Abby's Mom... keep at it.  Water weight is just one of those things. :rolleyes:

Winchester... I hear ya, family holiday dinners are always the worst.  You don't want to offend anyone by NOT eating a little something that they brought, but at the same time, you don't want to over-do it.  Tough balancing act.   :seesaw:

Tammat... you're killin' me, lol.... but I should be able to meet that challenge, since I tend to eat late dinners.  I HAVE stuck to my first "bad habit" challenge... so this is just an extension of that.  :bigwink:
Well done! Have you noticed a change in the fir of your clothes at all?

So wait a minute...you still have not been having your nighttime cheese snack?????

I am happy to report I lost that crazy 1.4 lb gain I had yesterday. Off to walk in a few in this heat and humidity. Eating out later, but will try to be smart about it.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I thought my before and after pics might help keep people on track. Myself included! If I could do it, WE ALL CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

Keep up all the good work
OMG! That's very impressive (and you look wonderful!)!

I've been good the past few days. DH had war-gaming pals over for lunch and dinner on the 4th; we did a cook-out, and I controlled myself. I did have 2 very thin slices of Pepperidge Farm cake, which I used to love (I had bought it pre-diet, and put it in the chest freezer for emergency company dessert). I took a few bites, and said, "Yuck.  Not worth the calories and sugar." I threw the second piece out (and the rest of the cake). This is the 2nd time in the past 2 weeks that I've had that reaction to eating a couple of bites of a sweet that I used to like. Hold that thought!

This afternoon, I'm having a new friend over for lunch. I decided not to bake a dessert; it's so hot out, and I don't want cake hanging around for me to finish. We have some ice cream, so I'll offer her that, and may have a full serving myself. It's not too bad in calories, sugar, etc. anyway.  The rest of the meal is low-fat: chicken salad sandwiches, salad, and I'll offer her potato chips, though I won't have any myself.

Due to the cleaning for company, and the company the past few days, I haven't been on the bike at night. However, since I needed supplies for today, DH was going to go to the grocery store for me, but I asked him to accompany me, and walked briskly around the store for an hour for exercise.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your kind words

Sometimes when you have a lot to lose it seems impossible. That's how I felt. I was hoping I could help someone who might be feeling that way too.

This is a nice thread. It feels good to do this together.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
And ladies and gentleman, don't forget that, ahem, romantic activity can really burn off those calories! I won't link it here, as it may not be appropriate to the forum, but, if you type in "how many calories does sex burn", you'll find a great Woman's Day article that's short and to the point with a list of "activities".

And to think I've been on that stupid exercise bike for three looooong weeks now...

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunday ("yesterday", even though I'm still up) was our gaming day... essentially an extended social day with dinner.  Everyone contributes food, so it can really be a crap shoot.  This time we had venison hamburgers, chips & guac, strawberries, and cinnamon focaccia.  Even though hamburgers were served at 6:30, I stopped my nibbling at 8 because that's my usual dinner time.

And NO, I have not given up cheese 
... but YES, I have stuck to "no nibbling after 10:00" (now, "after 8"). 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Um, I gained 3 pounds over the weekend.

Carry on. That is all.

Furmonster Mom, congrats on the new measurements....that's a great job!
And ladies and gentleman, don't forget that, ahem, romantic activity can really burn off those calories! I won't link it here, as it may not be appropriate to the forum, but, if you type in "how many calories does sex burn", you'll find a great Woman's Day article that's short and to the point with a list of "activities".

And to think I've been on that stupid exercise bike for three looooong weeks now...
 (Just watch out for those knees!)

How was your lunch? Did everything go well?

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Um, I gained 3 pounds over the weekend.

Carry on. That is all.
Ditto, but for me it is since yesterday. :rolleyes: Went out for lunch yesterday and had a chicken fajita salad. As soon as I bit into the chicken and tasted how salty it was I knew I was in trouble.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto, but for me it is since yesterday. :rolleyes: Went out for lunch yesterday and had a chicken fajita salad. As soon as I bit into the chicken and tasted how salty it was I knew I was in trouble.
Never fear Girls. My scales have gone down. I'm pretty sure I could never lose fat that quickly? It has to be fluid retention. Someone mentioned a monthly weigh is more accurate (I think Andrya?) I did a weigh on Monday for myfitnesspal and my weight was exactly the same one month apart but fluctuated between.
We are all behaving for the most part so we will succeed!
WE WILL SUCCEED! WE ARE DOING GREAT!

12cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lost 1 1/2 lbs. Sorry i posted so late.i have been putting in 12 hours at the hospital and kept forgetting to post when i got home. Congrats to everyone for just staying with the challenge. Part of the battle is being nice to yourself when you either gained or stayed the same weight. We all deserve to be good to ourselves. And by staying with the challenge of losing weight you are saying to yourself that you deserve to be healthy. There is no challenge in the world that does not have obstacles. That is why they are called challenges. So be good to yourself when you hit an obstacle and know that you deserve to win this challenge. Well enough rambling. After four 12 hour days I tend to do that.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great work 12 cats! I like your rambling;) we do need to be good to ourselves. I treated myself to a new skirt this week. I haven't shown my knees for years but I'm going to this summer ( we are in winter). I'm also aiming for shorts!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rambling is good for us, so ramble away! Good job on your weight loss! And Tammat, kudos to the skirt!
 to both of you!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well done 12cats! :clap:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
How is everyone doing with the challenge? So for so good here, although I want a snack right about now. :lol3:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every night this week I've been sitting watching tv and cursing myself for coming up with that challenge!!! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.