The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
How is everyone doing with the challenge? So for so good here, although I want a snack right about now.
Every night this week I've been sitting watching tv and cursing myself for coming up with that challenge!!! LOL!
Not funny! I was so hungry last night. And, of course, I was watching Cook's Country and they were making Nashville Fried Chicken and Cat Head Biscuits. To make it worse, they were testing strainers by making French fries! My stomach was grumbling!

I did have a big veggie salad for dinner last night, topped with 3.1 ounces of cherry-chipotle glazed grilled chicken breast, so I wasn't starving. But I sure felt like it.

Seriously, it's a good challenge and we will need to do it again.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been eating that much during the day,I have to lose more weight to buy new pants.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had snacks after dinner but some days, if dinner is going to be late and my tummy is rumbling, I do have a late afternoon snack.
I am really looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in.  For today only (because I list my weight as a 7 day averaged weight), my weight is such that I can say I've lost 100.5 lbs.  Can't wait until that is an averaged claim that I can make..lol.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just skating by on the challenge, but only because my normal dinner time is fairly late.  I don't know how I'd do if I ate any earlier.

'Round eleven-ish, my tummy starts grumblin', but I've told it very sternly that it is too late, have some water.

Definitely a challenge, though.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Friday morning in oz. I have lost 1lb 15oz (900gm). Yay! Although I think last week wasn't really weight gain as I weighed myself during the week and I was the same as today. I have probably stayed about the same. I'm happy with that. I stuck to the challenge. I had to! After dinner is when I binge. If I could stick to that challenge for life I'd be right. It was tough though. I almost gave in every night. This thread made me stick to it.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. :)

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Friday morning in oz. I have lost 1lb 15oz (900gm). Yay! Although I think last week wasn't really weight gain as I weighed myself during the week and I was the same as today. I have probably stayed about the same. I'm happy with that. I stuck to the challenge. I had to! After dinner is when I binge. If I could stick to that challenge for life I'd be right. It was tough though. I almost gave in every night. This thread made me stick to it.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
Don't give up.1 pound leads to another one lost.  

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.
Congratulations!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't had snacks after dinner but some days, if dinner is going to be late and my tummy is rumbling, I do have a late afternoon snack.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in.  For today only (because I list my weight as a 7 day averaged weight), my weight is such that I can say I've lost 100.5 lbs.  Can't wait until that is an averaged claim that I can make..lol.

:cross that today is the day!

I'm just skating by on the challenge, but only because my normal dinner time is fairly late.  I don't know how I'd do if I ate any earlier.
'Round eleven-ish, my tummy starts grumblin', but I've told it very sternly that it is too late, have some water.
Definitely a challenge, though.
See, we always eat on the earlier side. If I eat too late I have a hard time sleeping. I'm not a night owl though and tend to go to bed on the earlier side.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. :)
:clap::clap::clap: Nice job!

I am reporting a 2.8 pound loss over last Friday. Last Friday though I had that crazy one day gain from the 4th of July. Factoring that in it was a 1.4 loss for me, I'm quite pleased. :D

Does anyone have a suggestion for this week's challenge?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the weight loss everybody!

I lost the 3 pounds that I gained over the weekend and an additional .4 pound to boot. I'll take that. It's not much overall, but I didn't want to have to report a gain. (That .4 pound was probably water weight from sweating on that elliptical!!
)

I did fairly well with this last challenge. One thing that helped was after my dinner, I went right back and brushed and flossed my teeth. Since I didn't want to ruin my teeth, it helped me to stay away from snacking. (And we had chocolate cake and ice cream around pretty much all week, but I stayed away from it....and did I mention that it was CHOCOLATE???)

C'mon, guys, we need a new challenge for the week to keep us on the wagon!

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I get down to the weight I want to be, I'm celebrating.!  I'm going shopping for  new clothing..

By then the money will be saved up and I'll go all out.

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost 1.31 lbs. this past week...my averaged weight gives me an official 99 lbs. even, lost to date...woot!  My single day weight today is the lowest it's been in years, so moving on down!  I think that by next Friday, I can claim an averaged weight that is over 100 lbs. lost :)

Congrats to all!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, it sounds like everyone is doing well, even baby steps are a positive thing.  Just keep taking 'em. 

I was really afraid I had not made any progress this week, but apparently that challenge did more than I expected.

12.25 in. rt arm (bicep)  ( - .25)
37.00 in. under arms/upper chest  ( - .50)
43.00 in. ta-ta's  ( - .75)
37.75 in. belly  ( - .25)
43.00 in. booty  ( + .75)
24.00 in. L. thigh  ( - .50)
14.50 in. lft calf  ( - .25)

I can't believe I've lost 1.75" off my boobs since starting this.  wow.  My belly finally went down a fraction, but somehow I've lost all progress on my booty.  *sigh*   Arms, thighs, and calves seem to be fluctuating, but in small increments.  So.  Just have to keep at it.  Eventually those cobra poses, downward dogs, and pushups are going to give me the guns I never really had! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Still no takers on the challenge this week? OK, here is one -

Starting today substitute one drink during your day with water. So when you are reaching for coffee, soda, juice, etc. grab a water instead. Do this 3 days out of the week.

Sound reasonable? I know I have been having too much coffee, even though some of it is decaf.

Pat - Are you willing to come up with a challenge for next week? :)

Last edited:

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd like to join. I don't have a scale yet, but all of a sudden, about two-three weeks ago, my clothes stopped fitting the way they normally do. It almost happened overnight. I've added exercise, and I'm planning to do the challenge. I like the idea of drinking just water, and not just for weight loss. I feel I need to kind of flush out my system, especially as school is starting.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Pat. We will be needing a big celebration for the 100 lbs. that's amazing! Well done.[emoji]128568[/emoji]
Yay! Furmonstermom. That's great progress. Seeing as you are just throwing those boobs away, could you just pop them in the post for me? Thanks[emoji]128568[/emoji]
Welcome RavenCorbie. The more the better I say[emoji]128571[/emoji]

Count me in on the challenge. I've been drinking more coffee too (instead of eating!!!). I also drink lots of water but mostly in the evenings.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I like the challenge! Count me in. I tend to drink most of my water during the evening or after a walk when I feel really dry. But I can drink water instead of diet Mt Dew for 3 days....maybe more often.

Pat, I can't wait til next Friday!! 

Hi RavenCorbie! Welcome! 

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still no takers on the challenge this week? OK, here is one -

Starting today substitute one drink during your day with water. So when you are reaching for coffee, soda, juice, etc. grab a water instead. Do this 3 days out of the week.

Sound reasonable? I know I have been having too much coffee, even though some of it is decaf.

Pat - Are you willing to come up with a challenge for next week?
Oooo...you'll all be sorry :) <evil grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.