The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

12cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1lb loss this week. Hey I'll take it. Had my meatless day today, then I reread the challenge and saw it was one meatless meal.... Oh we'll I am better off having the whole day a meatless one. Good luck to everyone this coming week.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1lb loss this week. Hey I'll take it. Had my meatless day today, then I reread the challenge and saw it was one meatless meal.... Oh we'll I am better off having the whole day a meatless one. Good luck to everyone this coming week.
That's great! Good for you!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to bed hungry last night (as per usual latley!!) So to torture myself I looked up recipes. It's school holidays where I live for the next two weeks. As well as our weekly challenges I am also keeping my own personal challenge to learn to bake and not binge on it!! One recipe a week. I'm trying out one I found last night. Lets hope they are the worst tasting cookies EVER!!!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Did better today (err, yesterday)... actually sort of met the challenge accidentally; no meat at all today.  Part of that was because I ended up nibbling on my "breakfast" over the course of about an hour.  So I ended up not really being very hungry the rest of the day.  Was kinda weird, actually.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
MargeCat, you're doing wonderfully! Kudos! (I used your one teaspoon of ice cream idea last night, but it didn't work so well for me....I wanted more, knew I couldn't have it, and pouted. I had posted before about this; I'm feeling quite grumpy and have been for the past few days; don't know if it's from lack of sweets or lack of food in general. I would kill for a Pepsi about now. So far, I keep moving along, but I'm definitely frustrated. The week was stressful at work and at home and the weekend wasn't much better....I honestly thought about taking a mental health day today from work, but figured I'd be better off at work with the mood I'm in right now. Still haven't baked anything at all.

12cats, congrats on your pound of weight loss!
 And meeting the meatless challenge! You, too, FurmonsterMom! Good job!

Tammat, I've been looking at cookbooks, trying to figure out what I want to make for our picnic next weekend. Not a good thing to do right now. I hope your cookies are horrible!
 (Just kidding....honest!
)

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester I hope you are feeling better soon. Dieting makes me grumpy for sure. I go along ok but then it gets to me. After all its so much brain work. You are also experiencing horrible weather so that can't help either. Hang in there it has to improve. You are doing so well. Oh and the cookies were really good- bummer! It's a recipe where I can freeze the dough so I'm only baking them in smaller amounts. Sounds good in theory?!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I've been quiet.  Things are going really well, think I don't want to jinx it :)  I find I'm usually under the daily calorie limit I've set, but with no deprivation, so...all is good!

I will say that once I began following the eating plan I use (CALP - aka carbohydrateaddicts lifespan program), I was able to have chocolate, ice cream, what have you and be satisfied with a reasonable portion, at one meal per day.  I do really well without eating carbs, and having gone gluten-free as well, with a primal leaning plus calp, and now watching calories so I keep my portions reasonable, it's all working for me.

It's really what you all are doing - finding the exact things that will work best for you.  One more example - I can eat rice and not have a blood sugar spike..give me one slice of white bread..forget it, I can eat cherry tomatoes, slices of tomato, give me my beloved marinara sauce (gram's recipe) and up zips my weight.  Our bodies are as individual as our personalities!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I feel better today. It's amazing what a Klondike Slim-a-Bear can do for my attitude. We grabbed a couple boxes when we went for groceries tonight. And I admit, I had two of the toffee bars, so that was 200 calories. I don't feel guilty....in fact, I feel pretty good about it. I really needed something and the S-a-B helped. Life is good once again.

We did meatless tonight, but since it was just a Dr. Oetker's vegetable pizza, I'll prepare meatless sometime this week, too. 

Pat, you're right.....you have to do whatever works for you. And you are doing beautifully!

Tammat, I'm glad the cookies are so good. Honest.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Winchester. I'm not glad the cookies i made are so good!!!!! I'm glad you are feeling better tho. Congratulations on eating the slim a bears . You did moderation!! Yay!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Again I have been MIA from this thread. :sigh: Congrats ladies for sticking to the diets. :clap: I had a weight gaining weekend and am now trying to get some pounds off. :rolleyes:

We went out and had salad and cheese pizza the other day and I am going to have to count that as my meatless. I had grand plans for my meatless day, but the week seems to be getting away from me quickly. One idea was either a wrap or flatbread with hummus, lettuce and lots of veggies. The other was a flatbread with spinach, blue cheese, corn and tomatoes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Can I use today's weight for my weighin tomorrow? :lol3: I was down .4 for the week, but then we went out for lunch and I had a few drinks. We'll see what tomorrow brings. :)

Tammat, do you have a new challenge for us?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, may l say you look phenomenal. Congratulations!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Friday morning here in Australia. I have been naughty this week. I thought I might have gained a little but got a very rude shock. I gained 2.2 lb. That will take me two weeks to lose that. It's a good lesson learnt. I will not be doing the same next week.

My challenge for everyone this week is: No eating after dinner (evening meal).

This may not work for everyone but I know if I stick to it I lose weight.
I hope you all do well with your weigh ins.:)
Smitten4kittens you have done an amazing job. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing:)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naughty!! 
  We're pulling you back onto this bandwagon. Those are the blips and fluctuations that wouldn't even be seen if we weighed monthly.

l did so-so this week. l was a bit naughty too. l lost more weight than my weigh in today, and gained some back, but still had overall loss.

l'm now 191.8 down from 192.6 for a loss of 0.8lbs, or 12.8oz - it sounds better in ounces!

Good luck with your weigh-ins today everyone.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm back on the wagon. I had a good day today. Well done Andrya. Yay!!! Your numbers are going down and that's fantastic. We all know how hard it is to lose anything!! That's interesting about a monthly weigh. I'm going to add mine up after a month and see. Maybe I can redeem myself;)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Smitten, you look gorgeous! Absolutely wonderful! And what an inspiration for the rest of us.

Tammat, it will be OK. Hang in there.

Peaches, downward trend. That's what important.

I lost 1.2 pounds.....like Peaches, it would have been more, I think, but I came in contact with July 4th! (Rick's hamburgers, my sister had a two-layer chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. Need I say more? As it is, I stayed away from a lot of the food and I drank no wine or anything like that.)

Saturday will be my day, I'm afraid. We're doing our July shindig tomorrow.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay for you Winchester. We need to have social outings with cake ect. For me its one of the best things in life. You are a champ at doing moderation!
Oh and I forgot to mention I made a yummy roast pumpkin pasta as my meatless meal. Challenge complete:)

Status
Not open for further replies.