The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:
Yes, does that sound reasonable? :) I'm pointing my finger at you to select the next challenge by the way, so start /quote]
I've thought one out. Shall I post it this time next week? I think that's your Thursday?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'm up for work and weighed myself first thing.

My almost naked, pre-breakfast, post-pee weight is 198.6 - down from my weight through the week, but that was mid-day.

So this will be my start point.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3::lol3:
Yes, does that sound reasonable? :) I'm pointing my finger at you to select the next challenge by the way, so start /quote
I've thought one out. Shall I post it this time next week? I think that's your Thursday?
Oh no I just read it again. You meant Winchester. Ill save mine up for my turn.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
My almost naked, pre-breakfast, post-pee weight is 198.6 - down from my weight through the week, but that was mid-day.
 "almost naked, pre-breakfast, post-pee"!!!! That gave me a big smile this morning!!

152.4 (I've gained over two pounds since last Friday)  You all have no idea how much I need this group.

Oh! The challenge. I am giving up baking for the week, starting today, much to dear Richard's chagrin. Since I bake cookies or something at least twice a week, that's a challenge. I've also asked Rick not to buy any snacks when we go for groceries this coming Monday night. He's not happy, but he knows it's for the best...for both of us. If he really needs something sweet, there's cereal in the house. And we have Smart Pop! popcorn, too. There's also some homemade strawberry ice cream in the freezer as well as some vanilla frozen yogurt. I'm fairly good with ice cream, can take it or leave it, so that's not really a threat. (At least not right now). I'm really going to make the effort to watch myself this week.

ETA: I checked into  Fitbit and I've asked Rick about getting one. Do they work well, Pat? It doesn't stop counting steps? That's what my pedometer always did....I'd be halfway into mowing the yard and my pedometer had quit on me.

Also, I know I've talked about this before. My kids gave me a nutritional scale a few years ago for Christmas. It came with a fairly comprehensive food book, too, which is really nice. The scale checks weight, calories, protein, as well as other totals (I can't remember what all they are right now) and it works beautifully. The scale also tares out, so you can check the content of lettuce, tare it, then add your tomatoes, and so on. Makes it easy for a salad. It works with ounces and grams, too.

So, as of today, I am counting calories again and writing everything down. For example, my apple this morning had 93.4 calories. I have 5 ounces of fresh strawberries in my lunch at 53.5 calories (I round up the number to 54). I will check out myfitnesspal.com, too.

And we've discussed this before, too, but it might bear mentioning again......when you buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts or pork tenderloins, things like that, split them before you put them in the freezer. Today's chicken breasts are huge, easily 10-12 ounces sometimes and so, I split ours in half lengthwise, and then wrap them that way. You and your DH or SO can share a breast and you still get 5-6 ounces of meat (still a little much, but better than the whole breast). I do this with pork tenderloins, too. They come two tenderloins to a package, so split them and freeze them separately. Last night's pork tenderloin half was just a little over 8 ounces and it worked out fine with a little 4 ounces for each of us. (So if it's just Rick and me, a package of pork tenderloins actually gives us four meals.) When I buy a sirloin steak, I never freeze the whole thing at one time. We weigh it out and then slice it into about 8-ounce portions, then Rick and I split that portion at dinner. If you're not married, simply slice it into 4-ounce portions and then freeze the portions. It works because when you thaw it, that's all you get....so you don't overeat. (And it saves a little bit of money, too, because you get more meals out of the meat.) It seems to work out well for us.

Happy anniversary, Furmonster Mom!

Last edited:

icy87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 "almost naked, pre-breakfast, post-pee"!!!! That gave me a big smile this morning!!

152.4 (I've gained over two pounds since last Friday)  You all have no idea how much I need this group.

Oh! The challenge. I am giving up baking for the week, starting today, much to dear Richard's chagrin. Since I bake cookies or something at least twice a week, that's a challenge. I've also asked Rick not to buy any snacks when we go for groceries this coming Monday night. He's not happy, but he knows it's for the best...for both of us. If he really needs something sweet, there's cereal in the house. And we have Smart Pop! popcorn, too.
Lol yes that made me laugh too. I'm so happy about your challenge. It is for the best. You'll get back to baking soon! :)

Anyway, My weight this morning is 140.8 Lost a little over 2 pounds this week. :)

I know it might seem like a lot to lose in one week but I'm not starving myself, I've been eating tons of fruit, a light breakfast (simply because in the morning if I eat too much I feel sick the rest of the day) and lunch and a good healthy dinner with a lot of veggies. 

also...

I forgot to do my measurements... I have a doctor's appointment soon so I have to run but, I'll post them when I get back. 

Btw! Happy first day of summer!! :)

Last edited:

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually do my average on Monday (I weigh every day, then divide by 7 to get a new average every Monday - this keeps me from missing slight weight loss - some weeks, it really is just 1/4 to 1/2 lb.).  I've lost 1.59 lbs. when I did an average up to last Friday, and then one for this week and compared the two weeks.

Winchester - yes, Fitbit works really well for me!  I had DH set it up for me (it has a wireless component and will sync to your puter - and can sync with your myfitnesspal.com account too).  It does use a battery, but will tell you when it is low so you can charge it.  If you leave it on 24/7 as I do, it tracks your sleep for you (You just have to put it into sleep mode).  I adore this thing - you can set goals re miles walked per day, earn badges for how many steps in a day, first 50 miles walked etc. :)

I already toe the line pretty well, considering I don't put anything off limits - it's just timing and proportions that I fiddle with, but one bad habit I have is protein only snacks or small meals.  I am supposed to always has a low carb veggie at any meal or snack, so this week, I commit to being sure I do just that..and give up my protein only snacks :)
Best wishes to all.

curlyqpgh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
197.4 this morning. I don't think it's an actual loss from the 201 I posted earlier, but a time-of-day variance. Waist 37". Bust 44/hips 46. I'm most concerned about the waist. I'd like to not look pregnant, lol.

My goal, until, vacation, is to pack my lunch as opposed to buying it, and cutting back on crab levels. Preferably 60 net carbs per day or fewer.

I leave for vacation on Wednesday might, and won't be doing anything particular then, so I won't go into full gear until July.

Last edited:

12cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but this is the only place I could find to post. Not real good at these sites. Anyhow weighed in at 164 this morning. My goal is to stay away from Dairy Queens blizzards. I have a small one every day.. I want to lose a minimum of 20 lbs. I am finding it a little difficult getting my eating habits in order. Since I lost my husband a couple of months ago, it has changed everything. If I go for cereal I find don't have milk. Or I fruit or even bread. It will take some adjustment, but I can do it. Glad I found this site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abyssmom, Im not calling out anyone or saying that you're foolish for not going to the gym. I never said that and I'm sorry if it offended you that wasn't my intention. I'm only trying to give suggestions and encourage discussion thats all. 
A few of your post were coming out like you were suggesting we weren't doing enough, like still baking, etc. :) Keep in mind us fat chicks can be really sensitive. :lol3:

Btw I'll post my weight tomorrow. As you know my real goal is 110lbs. I would settle with 120 but I really want to go for 110. I haven't done any measuring tho... I'll do that tomorrow when I weight myself I guess... >

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So you ladies have all been inspiring me this week. I didn't sneak into a bakery or anything and apparently won't be for the upcoming week either. I've been making some lighter, healthy meals and this morning I was 2.4 pounds lighter than last week. :D

Now comes the weekend, which is tougher. We'll go out to eat at least one of the days. I do try to make smarter choices though. :nod:

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
12Cats   You've picked a tough challenge!  Glad you are with us.

Okay, so before I break down my measurements for y'all, I have a confession... I totally pigged out last night.

*points finger at hubby*  It is totally and completely his fault!

Here's the thing.  There is a sushi chef that we have known for almost 15 years.  We have followed him around town, even when he's changed restaurants.  He really is THAT GOOD.  There have been lapses of a few months here and there before we were able to track him down, but the last time we saw him was 2 years ago when he made special arrangements to make sushi for Hubby's 50th birthday.  When we tried to contact him again, we met a black hole.  His employers wouldn't admit that he'd left them, his phone numbers changed, and I couldn't peg him by address as his house was being sold. 

Well, Hubby found him.

And as an anniversary surprise, he took me to the new restaurant.  Our Chef was also very surprised to see us, as Hubby had only spoken to the staff over the phone, not to Chef himself.   So Chef spoiled us ... seriously spoiled us rotten.  We did not use the menu (we never have, with him), he would hand us things, and we would eat them... and eat them... and eat them.

When I woke up this morning, my belly still felt full.  OMG.  It was all I could do to get a protein bar down so I could take my vitamins.  I am only *just now* feeling able to commence on the exercises that I know I desperately need to do.  Ei-yi-yi.

Okay... so here are this morning's measurements (al la Andrya style
):

14.75 in. neck (just under chin)

12.50 in. rt arm (bicep)

12.25 in. lft arm

37.50 in. under arms/upper chest (this is the spot where I have to extend my backpack strap to max)

44.75 in. ta-ta's

34.00 in. ribs under ta-ta's

37.00 in. waist

43.00 in. booty

24/24 in. thighs

15/15 in. calves

ETA

Right!  The challenge.

Well, I gave it some more thought.  As I mentioned, I'm a night owl, and I tend to nibble (usually chocolate chips) around midnight, an hour or two before I go to bed.  My goal is to quit doing this.  So!  I challenge myself not to nibble on anything after 10:30.  Does that work?

Last edited:

icy87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually that does work IMO. My mom has issues with that, she likes to nibble at night, and when she stopped she lost a lot of weight. So def do it!

And I'm happy I don't have to do measurements lol. I only have a centimeters measuring tape and would have had to do math to convert it lol.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abbysmom you are awesome for starting this. Thank you. We have only just officially started and people are already losing weight and making positive changes. Well done everyone!! I also love the way we are all approaching our weight loss differently. What works for one is not always going to work for the next one. Sharing stories is great though. I like taking bits and pieces of ideas and trying to make them work for me. We are all human so we will make mistakes, that's ok. The wagon is always there to climb back onto!!! I hope it's a great week for everyone. Good luck.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just need to blurble and babble with my excitement this am at seeing a weight I have not (sadly) seen in years.  I am, at least this am..lol...just 1.9 lbs. from 100 lost!  I know it's due to a lot of running to the bathroom yesterday, and it just water weight but still...a number I haven't seen in so long and the progression downwards I'm seeing...woot!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations, Pat! 

I am so happy for you! Keep it up and you'll see those 1.9 pounds gone, too, and you'll get your 100 pounds!! Way to go!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations, Pat! 

I am so happy for you! Keep it up and you'll see those 1.9 pounds gone, too, and you'll get your 100 pounds!! Way to go!
Ty!  I wish I could say then I'd be done but noooooooooooooooo. 

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just need to blurble and babble with my excitement this am at seeing a weight I have not (sadly) seen in years.  I am, at least this am..lol...just 1.9 lbs. from 100 lost!  I know it's due to a lot of running to the bathroom yesterday, and it just water weight but still...a number I haven't seen in so long and the progression downwards I'm seeing...woot!!
Yay Pat!! That's awesome. Good job.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay Pat!  Way to stick to it, you are inspiring! 

So, looking at calories today....

To maintain my current weight at light activity level, I need 1,940 calories

To maintain my goal weight at light activity level, I need 1,730 calories

To maintain my goal weight at Med. activity level, I need 1,977 calories

They say to lose weight, I should reduce my current intake by 500 calories, which would bring it down to 1,440... WAY less than what I would need at my goal weight even at light activity.  That seems extreme to me.  It actually seems like it would kick the body into "starvation mode"... which I've done in the past.

What if I were to look at it by 10lb stages...

To maintain a weight 10 lbs less, at light activity, I need 1884 calories (3% decrease)

If I increase my activity, I would need 2173 calories (11% increase)

BUT if I compare the 1,884 for a 10lb loss to the 1,977 needed at my goal weight, it's only a 5% difference.

So theoretically, I should be able to reduce my calories to 1,884, increase my activity, and still lose weight without having to go to the extreme.

Did any of that make sense? 

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
You should be blurbling and babbling! That's fantastic!!!! Congratulations!!! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.