The Weight Loss Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I completely forgot to weigh myself this morning.  I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow morning instead.  Pam, I'm with you on the feeling like giving up thing -- I just feel like I'm never making progress (unless I'm sick), and it's frustrating, but I keep trying anyway because I think it's important to keep trying.  Because one thing is sure:  you MIGHT not lose weight if you try, but you DEFINITELY won't lose weight if you give up.

I used to mince garlic with a knife, but now I usually use the press because I actually don't really like chunks of garlic and I'm not very good at getting them small enough for my liking, which is pretty much the same as what the garlic press does anyway.  And I love banana peppers!

The good news:  I did not get sick again this week!  I successfully avoided any potential food triggers, and I'm ready for a great pre-birthday dinner tomorrow!

As for periods and full stops . . . I don't know, because they're round, and thus cyclical like a period of time?  I think the French have it best with "point."  Full stop would make more sense if you called semi-colons or commas "half-stops."

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
French point would be ok but they don't pronounce it like point but pwant and then it will soon have it's spelling changed. Another thing I don't understand is the word gotten. Where did the extra 'ten' come from? I would never be able to cut garlic like that. My hands have become clumsy and have started to shake a bit. I think I've seen those peppers here and thank you for the link. I took some recipes from there. You know what foods make you sick? Do you mean nauseous? Anything can do it to me. A cup of coffee or even a glass of water. Ridiculous.

ravencorbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I believe "gotten" is the result of hypercorrection (when people think they are correcting something by making it wrong:  a good example is when people say, "You need to speak to Mark or I" (should be "me", but too many people got "or me" and "and me" removed due to screwing it up when it *should* be "I") that has eventually become mainstream in American English (i.e. in other words, it's now correct in American English, even though it probably started out as incorrect) -- probably influenced by other past participles such as written, driven, bitten, etc.  I tend to use both "got" and "gotten" depending on what the overall sentence is.

As for "point," I was just pointing out that it actually makes sense in that language, not that we should adapt it in English, because either 1) we'd want to pronounce it as it's written or 2) the spelling would change and it wouldn't make any sense.  That said, #1 isn't a terrible option.

As for getting sick:  I have cyclic vomiting syndrome.  Once I'm already having an episode, well, yes, anything will do it, but there are things that will sometimes cause an episode. Unfortunately, other things can also trigger it like simply eating too much on a day I shouldn't or having exciting feelings about something fun I'm going to do, or being stressed out.  Incidentally, I had spicy noodles on Saturday, so I had an episode and couldn't enjoy my birthday.  Stupid, stupid.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was a secretary in my youth and one of my bosses wasba funny chap. He was dictating to me and at the end of one sentence he said 'fully stoppy' which I proceeded to write down in shorthand and him watching me smiling. He waited a bit and then I realized what had just happened. Dah.
I had another boss who was dictating and used the word schedule but pronounced it the American way. We say shedule but not spelt like that of course. I wrote it down as he said but kept puzzling over it until it clicked. Our schedule has a special outline for that word. I changed it quickly. Had I not when it came to typing it I probably wouldn't be able to read it back. The job I last had was americanized and after the yours faithfully was the name of the bank and the name of the dept which was banking services centre which is how I spelt it until I was called by one of the managers and asked would I please write it as center! Why? Americans know what Centre is for goodness sake. I didn't say that of course and did what I was told. Hey ho.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I weigh myself almost every day and today I was at a new low for this year. I'm sure I've somehow sabotaged myself in some way. :rolleyes: :lol3: I doubt it will stick. We're going away for the weekend, so will be having a lot of meals out.

My weight this morning was 5 pounds over what I initially said I wanted to get to and then reevaluate. I already know I want to go lower than that.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weigh myself almost every day and today I was at a new low for this year. I'm sure I've somehow sabotaged myself in some way. :rolleyes: :lol3: I doubt it will stick. We're going away for the weekend, so will be having a lot of meals out.

My weight this morning was 5 pounds over what I initially said I wanted to get to and then reevaluate. I already know I want to go lower than that.
Yay!!! A new low for this year is great. You will make it :)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I weigh myself almost every day and today I was at a new low for this year. I'm sure I've somehow sabotaged myself in some way.
I doubt it will stick. We're going away for the weekend, so will be having a lot of meals out.

Congratulations, Karen! You go, woman!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I didn't gain and loss another half pound! :woo: ...and now we will go away. I'll try to be good. :nod: Good luck on your weigh-ins on Friday. :cross:

Last edited:

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miscarried again.  Only few weeks in this time.  Not in a good place and been eating alot. Really trying as do not want to go back up much but it is hard when all you want to do is eat pizza or something every few hours and I KNOW I am not really hungry just comfort eating.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miscarried again.  Only few weeks in this time.  Not in a good place and been eating alot. Really trying as do not want to go back up much but it is hard when all you want to do is eat pizza or something every few hours and I KNOW I am not really hungry just comfort eating.
Oh catsallaround. I am thinking of you. Big hugs.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't gain and loss another half pound! :woo: ...and now we will go away. I'll try to be good. :nod: Good luck on your weigh-ins on Friday. :cross:
Yay! Karen you are on fire girl!!! Well done. Maybe you could aim to make a percentage of good choices while you are away? Like 70% good 30% not so good? Just a thought. Whatever you are doing it's working. Woohoo!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I didn't gain and loss another half pound!
...and now we will go away. I'll try to be good.
Good luck on your weigh-ins on Friday.
Yay you! 
 Go away and have fun!

I'm so sorry. 

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

I'm so very sorry. Sending you hugs.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ve got loads of experience with weight loss, I could support. ..or at least try... shall we?

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay!I am not sure how it's working here so maybe I read through first.

djoe

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tip 1: very important thing in weight loss is knowing the amount your extra "reserves" of fats and water. That will be necessary in deciding on your diet... that is one of the reasons why some people don't lose as much as they expect when on diet.

Tip 2: for maximum results, start your diet with a detox... once you detox, forget about dieting and continue detoxing, and your body will eventually reach "normal" weight faster than you expect. But ofc, detox is not so easy to maintain; it needs a very determined strong willed buddy.

So when is the next challenge coming up? Anybody wanna detox?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
 djoe, and welcome!

I'm still at a plateau....no gain/no loss.

I don't think I'm willing to go the detox route, djoe. It's not something I want to mess with.

Dear Richard has informed me that, as far as he's concerned, he's met his goal weight and he just wants to maintain now. I don't blame him; he really looks good (the snot). But I'm more than a little worried as he's not walked at all since I quit walking at night. Not one step. OTOH, he is physically active at work; his is not a sedentary job by any stretch and he's on the go all the time. We'll see how it goes because he's a big snacker and if the snacks are in the house, I'll be doing it, too. I'm happy for him, I really am. But he's still a snot. 

Why is it that men can get up in the morning and say, "Ya know, I need to lose 5 pounds...." . Then they come home from work that day and, "Well, those pounds are gone". Snots, all of them!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
279.  Was expecting it due to stress so not to worried as between the not eating well/eating way to much and no walking(to humid for me to walk without asthma)  I know I will get back on track in next week or so.  Last night husband offered to bring home fast food and I said no so that is a step in right direction.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I weigh myself almost every day and today I was at a new low for this year. I'm sure I've somehow sabotaged myself in some way.
I doubt it will stick. We're going away for the weekend, so will be having a lot of meals out.

Congratulations...that should feel awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.