The Wedding Thread!

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cathi - I loved your wedding kiss picture!

If you have the resources, go for it! The cost-related posts were just hints for Sicy for trying to work within a budget.
I know when I started planning a wedding and saw what the magazines claim weddings cost, I was thinking "there's no way we can do this!", too. Since we didn't want to burden our parents and definitely didn't want to start our marriage in debt, we kept a close eye on costs, and got some great ideas from friends.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by blondiecat
I didn't mean to start a debate about the wedding cost when I put on my other post the rounded fiqure for what we spent for our wedding.
Sorry if it sounded like I was debating, I have no opinion as to a right or wrong amount to spend, just wanted to give some encouragement to Sicy, and I guess talk about a few things we did to cut some costs...oh heck, just had a good time going down memory lane.

What I most wish for you Sicy, and everyone who posted in this thread, is to feel as romantic, and happy as we do almost 8 years later (we even celebrated our monthly anniversary..for years, and still do e-cards or a special dinner). It is truly a memorable day, whether done very privately in a lovely setting, or hundreds of special guests

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cathi, if we could have, we definitely would have spent a lot more! It wasn't the idea we originally started with...we wanted to have a "real" reception at a hall and all that, but just didn't have the money for it. It was still fun, but definitely not what we *wanted*. Good for you (and for Lizza!) to do it all YOUR way!

I made my veil too. Got the tiara at Michael's for $25, the veil for about $10. Then I hand-beaded the trim with pearl & seed beads, and with mini-tree snowflake ornaments.
(I had a snowflake theme for the whole wedding.) It turned out really pretty, but unfortunately you can't see any of it in any of the pictures.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved your pictures, Heidi! If you can find some that show your veil, I'd love to see them.
This thread brings up lots of sweet memories!

merlot

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great pics everyone!

I saw on Oprah once this couple had their wedding sponsored. It was very tasteful, they had a menu type thing on each table saying who had done the flowers and the photos the dress the hair etc. I think the whole thing cost them $1000
I thought it looked great. They must have had about 200 people there, very tasteful and not tacky at all, they didn't have advertising posters or anything. Just an idea for anyone on a budget

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the best weddings I ever attended, the bride and groom at the reception had sitting on each table one disposable camera. The guests all got to shoot pictures of whatever happened, and they left the cameras behind. Made for some great memories of some really funny and candid moments! I think my favorite shot was when the goat (it was a country wedding) started to eat the tablecloth where the cake was sitting! LMAO!

amyspear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here's our wedding day! We got a credit card for $5000 and didn't spend a penny more, and that was for the wedding, reception AND the honeymoon (a week in Durango, Colorado)!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have just LOVED seeing everyone's wedding pics!!!

This is my favorite wedding pic, except I forgot to hold the bouquet of flowers in this one so it looks more like a prom pic!

This was the second marriage for both of us so we didn't do anything fancy, we had both been down that road before. We were married outdoors...in a covered bridge...one of the "Bridges of Madison County" if you will.
(literally)

This was almost 9 years ago...and several stretch marks and wrinkles ago...
(actually I look pretty much the same...just a little fatter!
)

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We gave everyone disposable cameras at my reception. The only problem was that nobody read the directions so most of the pictures were too dark and since the majority of people at my wedding were my aunt's family, most of the pictures are of her family.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The disposable cameras are kind of like fishing...you never know what you'll get! We got a LOT of dark photos & pictures of kids' fingers, but we also got a few really priceless pics. It's nice to have them because the day just whizzes by so fast.

Love your pictures, Debby & Amy!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ted & I have been married 30 years,so these pictures are old! our whole wedding cost $200.00 Borrowed dress,mom cooked all the food,reception was in the back yard,mom made the flower;s.Wedding was in a church.

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is a Pic of my Wedding (My husband Dan and I)
I was married June 28, 2003. Sorry I couldn't make it a larger pic, I'm not sure how to enlarge it.

kidsncats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We went to Vegas for the wedding. It was actually really reasonably priced. We spent 1000 that includes flight, hotel, and all the wedding stuff. We do have pictures but I can't find them right this hot second.