The waiting game (Sophie's thread)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here is the video. The quality sucks after it was loaded onto youtube. I had to take it by flashlight because her box was in a dark place in my basement.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ya dill's kittens move like that too.....i see it when she is walking its funnie....poor thing tho...any news on your kittie? Ne babies, any sign of babies??? Looking at the pics of your cat i just realized how BIG dill really is...OMG

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know and with my girl I swear there are 5 I think I feel 5 babies but i'm of course not entirely sure. Dill is huge and I can't believe she hasn't had babies yet! No babies from sophie yet but she is acting alot different today than she usually does but going by Dill that doesn't tell me anything.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

I know and with my girl I swear there are 5 I think I feel 5 babies but i'm of course not entirely sure. Dill is huge and I can't believe she hasn't had babies yet! No babies from sophie yet but she is acting alot different today than she usually does but going by Dill that doesn't tell me anything.
Ya signs mean :nothing....lmao...apperently all the signs of impending labor for cats are lies

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow!! Now I know what you guys are saying when you say you can see the kittens move from across the room. Do all pregnant cats have kittens this active? I've only felt movement for about a week, but its nothing like this...

rotobay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DillPickles

Ya signs mean :nothing....lmao...apperently all the signs of impending labor for cats are lies
Nah, Dill;s just toying with you. She's gotta have some fun you know...

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rotobay

Nah, Dill;s just toying with you. She's gotta have some fun you know...
Ya well she can have fun at someone elses expense.....this is killing me....apperently tho im not the only one getting teased

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Still no kitties. She is very aggitated though and will not let me near her belly. I am bleeding right now from trying.

rupydoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DillPickles

If I've learned anything from Dill Pickles its that we can't predict labor!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No babies. Today Sophie is still following me around meowing loudly. She has more milk in her nipples and she dug all the dirt out of one of my potted plants. lol I hope she has them soon.

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

No babies. Today Sophie is still following me around meowing loudly. She has more milk in her nipples and she dug all the dirt out of one of my potted plants. lol I hope she has them soon.
Any discharge? Dill has had it for 3 days or more and today its ALOT more

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you I hope she has them today. Yes there is discharge she has had it for almost a WEEK now. I am so anxious to see the babies.

madyoungcatlady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rotobay

This was the ONLY indication that Houdini gave that labor was imminent.
Same here! I didn't notice any discharge or milk or any of those things. Just meowing and not letting me out of her sight. When she was having contractions, the phone rang so I went to get it and turned around and she was literally screaming at me for leaving her!

Fingers crossed today's the day! I think it could be if she's meowing.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She and Dill both sound really close...maybe they're just waiting to have their babies on the same day
who knows? That'd be nice if they did though.

for a speedy, safe delivery and healthy kittens. Keep us updated!

dillpickles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope that these 2 kitties have these babies soon, If you are anything like me you are pulling your hair out wondering when if ever this is gunna happen, Dill cleaned herself like crazy then went to sleep.....I dont know what to think

zoethor2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ooooo... Sophie is GORGEOUS. I am such a sucker for torties and calicos. So lovely! She looks, I have to say though, rather silly (in a cute way though) as a pregnant kitty. All little and delicate and tiny with that big pregnant tummy. I'm sure her babies will be beautiful! Wish my mom lived closer to you -- she's yenning after a calico or tortie. (Though my dad isn't supposed to know that... sigh.)

And my darling looks ridiculous too, even though she's larger framed. Just like a big black blob.
Pregnant kitties are so darling.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the comments! Well no kittens yet but I believe she is having what appear to be mild contractions. I have locked her in a dog kennel. She is digging like crazy in the towels and newspaper. Hopefully soon!

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No babies yet. I'm about to go crazy.