The story of Rizzo - long

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to add:  the black & white cat is Rizzo.  The new one is under the picture post.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It seems disloyal to post her on this thread but here she is.  We are having major problems getting used to each other.  I expect her, like Rizzo, to sleep with me the first night.  Apparently this is not her thing. Her name is Aamira which means "princess" in Arabic.  As a have an Arabian horse I like these names.

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your posts on Rizzo. I just had Mr. Grimsby put to sleep this morning and am deeply grieving right now. Your posts and everyone's replies have consoled me some. I know that I'll miss Mr. Grimsby for the rest of my life, but I think I did the right thing for him today. He knew that I loved him with all my heart.

Best regards.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not disloyal at all! And I bet Rizzo would feel very flattered that you wanted to bring another cat into your home after he was gone. You and Aamira will get used to each other. It's difficult at first to go from having an older cat to such a young one but I'm sure she'll calm down a little when she gets used to her new home.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you for your posts on Rizzo. I just had Mr. Grimsby put to sleep this morning and am deeply grieving right now. Your posts and everyone's replies have consoled me some. I know that I'll miss Mr. Grimsby for the rest of my life, but I think I did the right thing for him today. He knew that I loved him with all my heart.

Best regards.
I'm so sorry to hear about Mr. Grimsby. It's so hard to have to have a cat put to sleep but I'm sure you did the right thing for him. (I read your other thread -- his symptoms toward the end sound painfully similar.) He was a beautiful, beautiful cat and very lucky to have you! I can only imagine that you miss him very much after all your time with him.

pharber-murphy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much, LisaHE, Yes, I will probably grieve over Mr. Grimsby for a very long time. He truly was beautiful, in body and soul.