The Secret Santa Hints Thread- 2010

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi Santa! Thanks for checking my "list"
I am sure whatever you send will be wonderful whether you need my hints or not!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?Ethnic foods, spicy foods, snackfoods
Favorite types of chocolate?Not a huge chocolate fan, prefer milk to dark, do not like flavoured chocolates
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?Hot Chocolate only
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?nope
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?Both! My favourite candies are Jujubes - small hard jubes made by the Heide candy company. These are not available in Canada so Santa - if you are American, you are my only hope! Please help your santee out here
Also like licorice, wine gums, hard candies, nuts, chips....yum! Not hard to please when it comes to treats

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?nope

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?Oh yes, yes I would. I MIGHT let the bf have one too.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?mmm sugar cookies, chewy chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies, penut butter, oatmeal, gingerbread...almost any!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?I prefer NOT to find raisins or nuts in baked goods
Do you like to cook and/or bake?Yes, but my skills are still novice
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?Yes! Would like any cookbook, especially main dishes or ethnic cuisine. Something local would be great!

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?Vanilla
Do you paint your nails? What tones?nope
Do you prefer bath or shower products?Bath - for a nice treat
What scents do you like best?Vanilla, lavender
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?Only basic pony tail holders/bobby pins
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?do not use this product!

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?Deep blue
Any colors that you don't like?not a fan of pastels, or orange
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?Tend to prefer deep colours, but can really appreciate a pale natural/earthy palette
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?Stamps! Im a stamp collector, and even your savings from the mail would be appreciated. Otherwise, anything local

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?No, but I dislike strong perfumey floral/potpourri type scents
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 28 (29 by xmas)
Do you like homemade gifts?Very much so
Do you live in a house or an apartment??apartment - 13th floor
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?My kitties and my mom. Jujubes
good music

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?no preference
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?clothing is probably a bad bet aside from accessories, Im picky and oddly shaped!
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?Dear bf will try to make me wait. Ill probably hold off a day or 2 before the darkside will take hold....
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?Yes! I also collect "free" pens - the types that companies etc. get made up with their logos etc...

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?Apt is (unchangeable) white with green trim....most of my furniture is either black or wood. Couch has a blue slipcover on it right now
KitchenWhite walls, cupboards are natural stained wood
Living areasame white w/green
Bathroomsone small, its white! My sink/tub are green though

bedroomswhite...bed/dresser are fake birch from ikea
what is your decorating style?no such thing - it all goes here
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?prefer solids, but interesting prints (not floral) catch my eye
Do any of your rooms have special themes?no
Do you burn candles?yes, frequently. Incense too.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?I do, and I have no preference
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?Sure do!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?I like all colours
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?I do, and above info applies (re: colour choices, patterns etc)

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!Stamp collecting, bird (esp. raptor) watching
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?yes, but Im sick of Sudoku
Do you collect anything?Stamps and free pens!
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies:Big Horror movie fan. We have close to 1000 movies, so it would be really hard to not duplicate here
Music:I like all types of music except most country. I like guitar a lot, and do download a lot of itunes
Books:I read a lot of almost anything. My favourite books are those that come recommended - so hook me up with your fave and Ill be happy

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?Yes, I have an iPod touch
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?Love to read, and love recycling books.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?Celebrity gossip, expensive homes
Are you into crafts? What kinds?not really - my creativity doesnt lean that way

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?yes, 3 times in each ear, no metal allergies, but I dont wear a lot of earrings
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?not really - usually a simple necklace type of girl
What size shirt do you wear?L/XL
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?T Shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?I know you already saw this answer

Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?Yes
What is your shoe/sock size?7.5

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!2 kitties, Daisy and Manytoes. Daisy is a 2 yr old Torbie, very high energy, very picky about food/treats - no wet, chicken preferred. Manytoes is 6, black, male, and obese! He is on a diet as he is very lazy since Daisy came around (passive). Still, he likes catnip and fishing-rod type toys. Both like balls with bells and Daisy is quite the fetcher
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?Fish flavours are not loved in this house
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)no
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?no
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?all the required ones - they like brushing
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?catnip is appreciated, honeysuckle will get sniffed, valerian will be ignored!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your favorite types of food?
Favorite types of chocolate? European chocolate - Ferrero, Milka, Toblerone, etc Dove, Ghirardelli - No white chocolate please
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I like tea, cappuccino, and hot chocolate
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? I like green tea - flavored with cherry - prefer loose leaf tea.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? I love bar-b-que pringles.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? None that I know of.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Of course.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? German cookies, chocolate cookies, sugar cookies
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?
No white chocolate
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I like both.
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Think I have enough for now.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Clean linen, lavender, cucumber
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Just my toes - whatever color I feel like.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower products
What scents do you like best? Almost anything with fruit or freshness to it
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? My hair is too short for that!
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? I like Tommy Girl, Organza, Ed Hardy, etc

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Blue and black
Any colors that you don't like? Yellow or orange
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? pastels
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Something unique from their country
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Not that I know of
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 29
Do you like homemade gifts? Sure!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Food, food, and food, esp Korean food or German. I also like blankets and books!
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Does not matter to me
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Nothing religious please
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Depends on if I need a pick me up!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? I do, but I have way too many!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen Yellow and maroon
Living area Pastel green
Bathrooms blue
bedrooms Lilac, baby blue, and pink
what is your decorating style?
A little bit of everything
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solid colors
Do any of your rooms have special themes? Bathroom is ocean theme
Do you burn candles? Only under supervision
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes, mostly secular
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Sure
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Tree has silver and purple theme
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes, christmas themes, blue, black, almost anything

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Reading, photography, birding, nature, gardening, traveling
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? word search
Do you collect anything? cats, hummingbirds
Movies: Twilight, Harry Potter, Made of Honor, Leap Year
Music: Almost anything except rap or country
Books:
Twilight, Harry Potter, RA Salvatore, Robin Cook

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Both
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Nope, I usually buy used
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Traveling
Are you into crafts? What kinds? cross stitch, crochet,

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes, pierced ears, can't wear fashion jewelry too long
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Celtic crosses, gold or silver, mostly earrings or necklaces
What size shirt do you wear? Mostly large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? None, I always have to try them on
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? None
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Sure, I like toe socks
What is your shoe/sock size? 7 1/2

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 4 cats - Maya likes almost anything, Luna likes rubber bouncing balls, Keira will play with anything (she is a bengal!, Lexi - loves feathers. They all like Temptation treats.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Not that I know of.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Nope
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? They love catnip!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

I am a very un-fussy eater. Makes my wife's job a lot easier!
Favorite types of chocolate?
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?

Dark chocolate. Flavored coffees (not dark roast). Flavored teas (Have you tried Constant Comment?) I'm trying to avoid snacks; I need to drop some weight.

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?

No.

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?

If I can't trust a cat lover, who CAN I trust? No foods that I really hate.

Do you like to cook and/or bake?

I don't, but Dottie does.

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?

We have more cookbooks than we know what to do with.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?

Not much into that.
Do you paint your nails? What tones?

Oh, I hope not! Neither does Dottie.

Do you prefer bath or shower products?

We have a big jacuzzi tub for bubble baths.

What scents do you like best?

Flowers, fruits.

Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?

Nope.

What's your favorite perfume or body spray?

Neither of us use them, particularly.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?

Red, but I'm not obsessed with it. Dottie likes yellow.

Any colors that you don't like?
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?

Wherever they are from, I enjoy items that are peculiar to their area, something I couldn't get anywhere else.

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?

Nope.

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds

I like to think of myself as "middle-aged," but since I don't know anyone who is 116 years old, I suspect I'm on the downhill side of the mountain.

Do you like homemade gifts?

Love them. Ask Butzie. I prefer a gift that someone has put some thought and effort into, that reflects what they are really all about.

Do you live in a house or an apartment??

House.

What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?

Can't think of anything.

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?

You're kidding, right?

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?

Pink underwear.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?

Definitely a dark-sider.

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?

Sure. Again, I prefer something that is unusual, peculiar to the area or the person.

DECORATING

Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style?

Our wall are white, except in the sun room, which is light blue. Our carpet is light blue throughout.

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?

I'm not fussy.

Do any of your rooms have special themes?

No.

Do you burn candles?

No.

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?

Some years we do, some we don't. Don't usually put up a Christmas tree.

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?

We have some we are very fond of.

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?

No, just Christmas colors. Red and green, like the flavors of Nyquil (as Lewis Black points out).

Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?

Again, we have some. They don't get a lot of use.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!

Travel, cats, cruises, and hot rods.

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?

Dottie likes Sudoku, but I'm not into puzzles any more.

Do you collect anything?

Comic collections. Particularly Peanuts. Books about guitars. Guitars themselves (too bad I don't play very well.

Movies:
Music:
Books:

Animated movies. Oldies Rock. Science fiction and cat books. (I even have some science fiction cat books!)

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?

I have a 3rd gen iPod.

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?

Not at all. All books are used, once they leave the store, right?

What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?

Hot rodding, cat, travel.

Are you into crafts? What kinds?

Woodworking. Building car models. Building guitars. Building my hot rod.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY

Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?

Nope, and nope. It's a generational thing, you know!

Do you like jewelry? What kinds?

Not particularly. Dottie doesn't wear it much, either.

What size shirt do you wear?
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?
What is your shoe/sock size?

Shirts--Large. I wear T shirts with pockets to work. What's a specialty sock? One with 3 toes? Shoe size 8 1/2.

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?

We currently have 4 cats. Three are ours; one is a shelter foster. No allergies in any of them. Three of them will eat treats. Punkin doesn't eat anything but his cat food. They all like toys, but none of them chase them around much or anything. Two have collars on, mainly because we worry about them bolting.

What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?

We have plenty of brushes. Besides, Punkin and Ella prefer the whisk broom.

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?

Don't know about valerian, but they all like catnip a lot.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ummm

Perhaps this thread should be stickied at the top of the page????

I didn't see it till a friend pointed it out
I imagine others have prolly missed it too.

To my Santa:

I will fill this out within the next day or 2, but for now I can say that my list from last yr is still applicable and a quick bit of info:

Fav colour is purple. I love Amy Brown artwork, figures, etc. and will post a list of the ones I have (only a couple figureines so far, and several prints) http://www.amybrownart.com/ , I love fairies and pegasus/unicorns, I love motivational quote books, Darwin award books, LOVE journals.

I am addicted to farmville on facebook and would happily receive a fv giftcard

No allergies but please NO perfume. I get scent induced migraines. I love subtle smelling candles (butterscotch/caramel/maple type flavours, fruity), like bath products (no bubble bath tho, prefer shower gels), like chocolate ( NO DARK CHOCO.....
Lindt milk chocolate,
chocolate w caramel ).

Hope that tides u over untill I fill out the info.

thanks for your patience.

ETA: kitties are not picky....but we have lots of treats right now. They love crinkle balls, mice toys, wand toys (Kitchi is a JUMPER, Kizzy needs the exercise, and Kiwi is mid level jumper), we have a turbo scratcher but they prefer sisal to scratch.

The snakies do not need anything, unless you want to buy em some food.

My children love pics/postcards from other countries, they also like money. I mean low value coins or paper money, they love seeing different types of monies. Here we have 1 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 25 cent, 1 dollar, 2 dollar in coins, then 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100 bills. Might be a 1000 dollar bill but I dunno. They have money from the US, and NZ.

Chocolate is a hit in my house.

Love homemade stuffs, foods, crafts....Love CHEAP stuffs. I'm one of those that is happy with 10 x $1 items vs 1 x $10 item. I like sentimental stuffs, that is priceless to me. Dollar store candles are wonderful, I don't need a brand name. (my dollar store has awesome candles)

The only reason I wouldn't be happy with my SS is if they did not put any thought/effort into it. I am easy to shop for, I am easy to please, I value and appreciate kindness, randomness (random acts of kindness are wonderful) and I can't stress enough how much I value the meaning put behind things.

Ex: a single lily vs a dozen roses, a card with a meaningful poem on it, a journal with a quote on it, etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
hmmm, it appears there a few folks that have not filled out the hints thread!! Better get cracking!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bumping the hints thread - it was at the bottom! I think it needs to be stickied!

Edit: Beat by Katiemae

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

PETS

Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! Spooky loves Milk Rings. Mulderâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s favorite toy is a catnip mouse from Ragtime Pet Collars. Jinkers loves everything! I want to get them a turbo scratcher. Their favorite interactive toy is their "Bird" toy. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use the ‘Da Birdâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] Brand, I use the one with the ball chain connector. They would love to receive a bird refill head! They all love Greenies and Temptations!
I just wanted to edit to mention today I bought a "Da Bird" brand wand, so I can use either the ball/chain ones (Brand name "Cat Claws Feline Flyer") or the "Da Bird" Brand heads.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can one of the mods please sticky the SS threads, a lot of ppl are forgetting about the hints because we don't see it immediately

It would be appreciated.

I was also wondering, is there a master list of who is participating this year? It would be nice to know

My hints to come in the next post.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

NO ALLERGIES in my house

- no blueberry, pineapple or grapefruit please (for food stuffs only...don't like em)

My answer is based on that this is for SS and I really don't think pasta would be good mailed LOL.

I love skittles, swedish berries, strawberry flavored hard candies,chips, cheetos cheese-its.

NO dark chocolate. I love milk chocolate with caramel in it..... I also like white chocolate, Lindt/Lindor chocolates, chocolate covered raisins/nuts....ok, I like most milk chocolate

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? yes to all. I could use some flavored coffee plz. I do NOT need any of the others.

Sweet or salty snacks? Both, and its listed above in favorite foods.

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Yes, but please no blueberry, pineapple or grapefruit.

I like most chewy cookies....prefer chewy over crunchy. Oatmeal raisin is yummy, peanut butter, ones with coconut in them.... Again, pretty easy, chewy soft cookies.

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? No blueberry/pineapple/grapefruit please.

Do you like to cook and/or bake? Yup I do.

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I don't need any cookbooks this year thanks.

PERSONAL CARE

Please NOTE: heavy scents give me migraines. I need lightly scented products, and do enjoy them. But please, no strong scents in both personal care and candles.

Favorite scents for lotions? Mild, aromatherapy for relaxation ( lavender, green tea, jasmine are good ones )
Do you paint your nails? What tones? No I do not.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower gels/body washes, or bath crystals. No bubblebath.
What scents do you like best? Mild, very mild..... Vanilla, green tea, fruity....but nothing overpowering.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? I use scrunchies daily and barrettes.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? No perfume please.... I am very scent sensitive when it comes to things that spray.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Burgundy, Purple...

Any colors that you don't like? Pastels, lime green..

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Earth tones or rich colours such as burgundy or royal purple.

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Ummmmmm. Postcards of their homearea....something showing the heritage of their country.

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? No flowery scents, No perfume.

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 33

Do you like homemade gifts? Yes, very much so.

Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House.

Journals, motivational quotes, Amy Brown fairies.

^^^This is my favorite section^^^^

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I don't mind kitty stuffs.

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? No perfumes or body sprays.

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? Not sure... if they wanted me to wait, I might be able to wait. I am a firm darksider.

DECORATING

We don't have a decorating style/decor. I do collect statues big and small of fantasy items (unicorns, Amy Brown fairies, pegasus).

Green Earth Celestial Fairies: I have none of this set.
https://www.greenearthstores.com/?p=...s&pline=180317
like this one: https://www.greenearthstores.com/?p=...ku=00207127815
I have none of this set: https://www.greenearthstores.com/?p=...s&pline=234631

I do have several Night Fairies.

I like candle holders that you hang on the wall.
example: https://www.greenearthstores.com/?p=...ku=00207254204

Our house is all neutral, except our recroom which is navy/burgundy/grey.

Do you burn candles? Yuppers. Fruity scents, butterscotch/pecan/caramel, apple pie, vanilla, maple, etc. are great.

Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yup, it doesn't matter really, but I am not religious, so things like a nativity scene isn't something for me. But I do like Angels.

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Ornaments are appreciated.

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No specific colours. Don't decorate house, just a tree and some candles.

Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yup, and burgundy or animals.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! reading, writing, computer stuffs...

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? No

Do you collect anything? Fairies, unicorns, pegasus statues. Journals.
This is the most appreciated section. I adore my statues, stationary, journals, etc.

Books:
I don't need any movies or music...
Books: I would love a book of motivational quotes... Some humorous books would be good: such as LOLZ cats type of books. Love Darwin Awards.

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Nope, I don't mind used books at all.

Are you into crafts? What kinds?

Not really into crafts anymore due to my hand disability, but I do enjoy colouring books on a good day.

Journals and pens.... I love the Sharpie fine point pens.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY

Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Pierced ears, nose and tongue. I prefer gold, surgical steel or sterling silver.

Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I do.
No earrings tho.

Nose rings: I use either nose wires or nose screws and would LOVE nose jewelery.

I've always wanted a charm bracelet and I like reptile oriented necklaces and bracelets.

No clothing please.

PETS

3 male cats: Kizzy, Kitchi and Kiwi.

All 3 like DaBird, and I could always use refills. Crinkle balls, mice like toys (they like to walk around the house with something like this in their mouths: http://www.arcatapet.com/fullsize/1088.jpg )

NO plastic balls like this: http://www.fastwayasia.com/Products2...20toys%20B.JPG
They prefer soft stuff.
Pretty much anything on this page for example:
http://www.tailsoftherockies.com/Cat...est%20Paw.html

Treats: Temptations would be a favorite.

No allergies and I don't need any brushes.

All are big nip heads
but got their first try of honeysuckle last year and LOVED it.

Snakes They don't need anything
Fish Sinking pellets would be great.

Other ideas not covered in the above questions:

- gag gifts (I can take a joke)
- Crayola pencil crayons/crayons/ and I need a set of fine point markers
- Colouring books (it relaxes me)
- Stationary: notebooks, pens, etc
- HAPPY BUNNY stuff. I love Happy Bunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that is enough

Happy Shopping, and remember, tis the thought that counts
please enjoy yourself.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll sticky it now, and nope, no master list, they might make it to easy to guess who you have

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I'll sticky it now, and nope, no master list, they might make it to easy to guess who you have
theres to many names to make it easy Katie

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

theres to many names to make it easy Katie
I will give one little hint, there are only 44 participants this year. Way less than in previous years, I think 2 years ago there were over 80??

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I will give one little hint, there are only 44 participants this year. Way less than in previous years, I think 2 years ago there were over 80??
I was just looking at the 2008 Received Gifts thread ... it was 38 pages! That was the previous one I got to participate in, got me all excited all over again. There were all sorts of names in that one. 44 is still a decent amount of people, but then again I don't know how many active posters are here

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i think 44 is still good though, actually i think its a little better than there being like 80 means we all get to know each other better and try harder to keep ourselves hidden hehehehehe

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

I was just looking at the 2008 Received Gifts thread ... it was 38 pages! That was the previous one I got to participate in, got me all excited all over again. There were all sorts of names in that one. 44 is still a decent amount of people, but then again I don't know how many active posters are here
Yeah, I was stalking...er...looking at the 2008 hints thread. There are a lot of people I haven't seen around lately...

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow that does seem like a lot less than 08 and 09 but there does seem to be a lot of people who arent around anymore for various reasons. Not to mention the people rebounding or trying to rebound from this darn economy problems. Stupid economy.

The less people there are I think its gonna be harder to be sneaky. I triple check everything I post now to be safe that I dont give one little detail away to my SS so they dont know if I have them or not....Im hoping to keep it a surprise for as long as possible. Im just hoping Im not left guessing who has my name LOL...it will drive me insane not knowing...haha its already driving me nuts Im the nosiest person ever I dont like surprises cuz I dont know what the surprise is LOL

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I seem to remember that one year there was one person that never would tell their Santee who they were. I think that would drive me insane, LOL!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmm, that will make it easier, maybe LOL.

I'm not surprised that it is down a bit this year, the economy is not so great for a lot of ppl.

I'm sorry to those who want to participate but couldn't,
just remember, there's always next year

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to be late in posting here - I have been so busy and also rather unwell this week and have not felt like doing anything much. But here goes:

FOOD

I just like food! Especially local ones - new spices, flavours. I Like both sweet and savoury, very fond of nuts.

white with nuts, or filled with caramel. But any chocolate, really.

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Tea or chocolate. Not a coffee person.

Do you like flavored coffee or tea?
I like herbal teas, except mint

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?
More salty than sweet

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?
No

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?
Probably!

Pecan or chocolate chip

pineapple

Do you like to cook and/or bake?
Yes, I bake every week, and love to cook.

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?
Yes, I collect them from around the world

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?
Citrus

Do you paint your nails? What tones?
No

Do you prefer bath or shower products?
Bath

What scents do you like best?
Citrus or spicy

Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?
No

What's your favorite perfume or body spray?
Don't use

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?
Yellow
Any colors that you don't like?
Grey, brown, black
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?
Not too vibrant, but I don't like too muted either
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?
Local Christmas ornament
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?
No
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
Do you like homemade gifts?
Yes
Do you live in a house or an apartment??
House
Soft cushions, cashew nuts, chocolate
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?
Happy to get anything
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?
I already have too many scarves that I never get an opportunity to wear.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?
This year, I will try to wait!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?
Don't really use them any more.

DECORATING
Yellow walls, rust covers cream curtains everywhere
Kitchen yellow tiles and natural oak cabinets
Living area yellow, rust and cream
Bathrooms green and white
bedrooms yellow and white
what is your decorating style? Country rustic
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Mostly solid with touches of floral print or tapestry
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No, just cat and horse prints and ornaments
Do you burn candles? Yes, citrus or cinnamon ones I like.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I use both
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? I choose different ones from my large collection every year.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes, cream or rust

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Reading, gardening, needlepoint, animal care
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? No
Do you collect anything? Christmas ornaments, small boxes
Movies: Not a movie person
Music: opera, folk
Books: Almost anything. Historical novels, cat novels, biography, quirky books. I have a library of almost 6000 books but I can always read more.

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I don't read magazines
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Needlepoint

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? No and no
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? I very rarely wear any these days
What size shirt do you wear? Large (16 in UK, 42 in Europe, 10 ? in US)
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? Any
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solid
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Yes
What is your shoe/sock size? 38 in Europe ( I have small feet)

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 8 cats, 3 ponies, one dog. The cats love catnip, Whiskas Temptations, but ignore most other treats. They all like stuffed mice and Milo loves shiny crinkly things.Tasha Dog likes anything to chew on. The ponies love dried apple rings.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? All have breakaway ones
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Hard grooming brushes - they all prefer them
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Catnip

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Japanese/seafood
Favorite types of chocolate? white chocolate
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? tea
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? green tea
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? salty
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? none

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions/perfume/body spray/bath & shower products? White Musk (scent by Body Shop)
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? yes, my hair is long now

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? lavender
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? pastels
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? local newspaper
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? none
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 50's
Do you like homemade gifts? yes
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? house
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'd like my SS to decide for me

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? definitely, especially if they have cats on them

DECORATING

Do you put up Christmas decorations? Not since my children grew up and left

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! crosstitch, reading, computer games
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? logic puzzles
Do you collect anything? anything with cats on it.

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? no
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? animals sp. cats

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? yes
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? not so crazy about jewelry (unless there's a cat in it)

What size shirt do you wear? medium

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 8 cats and 2 dogs. Both enjoy the outdoors. Kitties are not much into toys but they like treats.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? I don't think so