The Secret Santa Hints Thread- 2010

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? – anything, really. Like salty or savory foods

Favorite types of chocolate? – Dark chocolate the most, or chocolate mixed with things. Like toffee, nuts, etc. Or mint Tim Tams…yum!!!

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? – I like all 3!

Do you like flavored coffee or tea? – oh, definitely!

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? – actually a mix of sweet and salty is good. Like nuts and candy, I just like anything pretty much!

Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope!

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Of course!

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? I LOVE frosted sugar cookies. Especially with crushed up peppermint in the frosting, LOL.

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Nope

Do you like to cook and/or bake? Definitely

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? If there was something ethnic or special to your region…

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Clean, slightly floral, or lightly musky. (Like Clean Cotton or Sensual Amber)

Do you paint your nails? What tones? Sometimes, mostly my toes. Mostly pinks or reds

Do you prefer bath or shower products? Shower

What scents do you like best? See above.

Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Yes.

What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Clean cotton, Sensual Amber, Japanese Cherry Blossom

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Pink, Blue

Any colors that you don't like? Brown, not so much

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Not earth tones, anything else is good.

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? We have a collection of spoons, and I like fridge magnets.

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Nope, I like everything

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m 47, but still like things like Eeyore, LOL

Do you like homemade gifts? Love them!

Do you live in a house or an apartment?? A house, and I love garden flags

What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Ummm…comfy blankies, books, and I could use a pair of slippers, LOL

Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? Are you KIDDING? I love cats!

Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? Nope, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not picky

Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? It depends on what they want me to do. But sometimes I like being contrary.

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? Oh, indeed!

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen – blue and yellow
Living area – one blue/southwestern, one green
Bathrooms – one blue, one green
bedrooms – dusty rose and maroon
what is your decorating style? – I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have one!
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Oh, either is fine!
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No, not really.
Do you burn candles? Sort of. I have a candle warmer that releases the scent without making a flame
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? Yes, religious…I collect nativity scenes!
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Oh, yes!
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No, just Christmasy
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes! It gets cold here! I have a throw with a horse I really like. And if I had a pink throw, my daughter probably wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t steal it, LOL

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! Love Cross Stitch!
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Sudoku and word searches.
Do you collect anything? Besides Nativity Scenes, I have a lot of Eeyores, like a Halloween one, a back to school one, an Easter one, etc.!
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies: musicals, Disney
Music: Oh, anything really
Books: I read anything and everything!

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Yes, but I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t use it much
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No, that would be cool if it were a favorite book
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Cats and/or cross stitch
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Cross Stitch mostly, some needlepoint

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes, and yes, Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m allergic to Nickel.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Yes, necklaces and bracelets mostly
What size shirt do you wear? - XL
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T shirts or sweatshirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Probably solid
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? LOVE socks!
What is your shoe/sock size? Womenâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s “average†wear a 7 – 8 shoe

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 2 dogs and 4 cats. The dogs are an 11 yo Lab, and a 4 yo Border Collie Mix. They love toys that squeak and that they can play “tug†with. As dogs, they eat anything. The cats seem to like most treats I give them, like whiskas, and I got a Purina natural treat they like too. They like boxes, and hair bands and pill bottles to play with, LOL.

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Nope

Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No, they like most anything.

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Only Nadette right now. Smudge loses his beautiful mane when wearing a collar, Elsa loses hers somewhere, and Clyde would probably put someoneâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s eye out if you tried to collar him!

What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? Have Zoom Groom and the Furminator both.

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Three of them LOVE catnip (Nadette doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t seem to be able to smell it.) Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve never tried valerian or honeysuckle…

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
SOrry I am so late in doing this...I got REALLY busy with work!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Ethnic...I love food. But I like foods with alotof spice and flavor esp...Thai, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Greek...so far I havent' run into a countries food that I didn't enjoy as long as it is made well.
Favorite types of chocolate? DARK (but DH loves milk) And I'm partial to Hershey's and Lindt
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? all of them.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? oh yes! Coffee any flavor but tea I am tad bit picky...I like Raspberry, vanilla and I LOVE Chai
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? i like veggie crisps and pirates booty. (snacks of the health food variety) and chocolate covered pretzels.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? artifical sweetners like nutrasweet, sweet and low, etc. I also don't tolerate wheat and gluten. (Not allergic but can't have too much of it)
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? I would love to say yes but due to my food allergies I would have to say no...better safe then sorry.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? butter cookies and chocolate chip.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? fake sugar and COCONUT (I hate it)
Do you like to cook and/or bake? yes I LOVE to do both
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? I collect cookbooks from all around the world. The cookbooks don't need to be gluten and wheat free since I know how to convert regular recipies into something I can eat.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Vanilla or strawberry
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Yes. Whatever color suits my mood something usually very dark or very bright.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? Bath. Especially anything from Bath and Body work's true blue spa collection and I love bubble bath
What scents do you like best? for bath stuff..anything vanilla, florals, etc.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? yes I do.
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? too expensive but I alternate between Vera Wang's princess and marc Jacobs Daisy, lola and biscotti.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? purple
Any colors that you don't like? nope
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Vibrant colors
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?music, cookbooks or shotglasses
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? nope
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds I'm 28
Do you like homemade gifts? yes!!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? Apartment
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? soft blanket and a good book. With a cup of tea or hot chocolate
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? what's wrong with cat theme? I love cats to that would be fine.
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? dolls. they scare me.
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? right away but it will also depend on my SS wishes.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? yes!!! I'm a teacher so I love all that stuff and I'm forever losing them. Pencils are a huge favorite since I teach music. I really need erasers...or white board markers

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? this beige color that i can't change.
Kitchen reds
Living area brown, orange, red.
Bathrooms that is in pastel colors
bedrooms Purple.
what is your decorating style? the bedroom is very simple (with alot of Asian accents) but the rest of my place looks like a pub. (we have lps and concert photos on the walls and a guiness clock)
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solids but prints geometric
Do any of your rooms have special themes? nope
Do you burn candles? yes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? doesn't matter since I celebrate both christmas and Hannukah anyway and have decorations for both up.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? YES! I collect christmas ornaments
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? nope
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? yes and any color would work in my place.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! cooking, photography, working out, studying Japanese, reading, martial arts. Music (even though it is also my profession)
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? no
Do you collect anything? shotglasses, LP's, submarine stuff, cookbooks.
Movies: anything
Music: anything and everything exccept Rap and country
Books: nonfiction, memoirs, autobiographies and books on social issues, food. Ghost stories and books on the paranormal, Naval history books, Books on education (ie anything by Jonathan Kozol) etc. etc. Usually i will read anything...I am just not a HUGE fan of fiction or Romance.
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? iPod
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Not at all!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? Weird NJ, music and food magazines.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? needle point

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? yes I have 2 holes in each ear and no allergies
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? yes. I like earrings and bracelets.
What size shirt do you wear? small
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shirts or hoodies
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? yes!
What is your shoe/sock size? 7

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 2 cats. Moo loves toy mice and tilly lovesballs. They also love the laser pointer, da bird and paper. They also love anythign soft and filled with Catnip. Last year my SS gave them these catnip filled cigars and they went nuts!! TOtally loved them.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? nope. But they love tuna, salmon and chicken flavored treats. They like the greenies treats and the whisker lickings ones. (crunchy) Also since they both are on medication they also like the chicken flavored pill pockets.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) nope
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? safety ones
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? just one i picked up at the store.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? catnip yes they havent tried the other 2

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?
Pizza, Cheeseburgers, Chinese, Italian (Spaghetti, Ravioli, etc)
Favorite types of chocolate?
Milk chocolate. They even make double milk chocolate, which I
. I'm not a big fan of the dark chocolate or nuts in my chocolate.

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
I love good coffee and I drink hot chocolate quite a bit when it's cold out.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?
No, don't like the flavored stuff. Just a good blend of regular coffee.
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?
Both. I tend to snack on Goldfish, Reese's cups, Kit Kats, Doritos, and sour cream and onion potato chips.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?
No.
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?
Yes
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?
Chocolate chip, peanut butter, or sugar cookies with sprinkles on top.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?

No allergies. I usually don't like nuts in my cookies and I'm not a big fan of coconut.
Do you like to cook and/or bake?
No.

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?
See above.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?
Do you paint your nails? What tones?
Do you prefer bath or shower products?
What scents do you like best?
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?
Really nothing here applies to me.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?
Blue
Any colors that you don't like?
Not a fan of pink. I used to wear it in the 80's when that was popular, but it didn't look good.

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?
I like darker colors - dark blue, grey, dark red, dark green, etc. I think I look pretty good in black too, but with cats I don't wear it much.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?
Just a cute little souvenir or knick-knack that represents the local culture. Maybe coins, a shot glass, or something like that.
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?
No
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
Do you like homemade gifts?
Sure.
Do you live in a house or an apartment??
I'm in an apartment now, but I plan to buy a house in the next few months.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?
Coffee/hot chocolate, slippers in the winter, flip-flops in the Summer, a nice fire
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?
Cat gifts would be just fine (it is TCS after all)
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?
No
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?
I was born on the dark side.
But I will wait if my SS wants me too.

Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?
Not really, other than just as functional items.

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
All of my rooms are painted a neutral off-white color and the carpet is a greyish-brown (ugly as sin, but it blends right in with the hairballs the cats spit up, so that's nice.) I have green towels/rugs in the bathroom, but beyond that I don't really have color themes in the rooms.
what is your decorating style?

Modern bachelor.

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
I like dark colored solids.
Do any of your rooms have special themes?
No
Do you burn candles?
From time to time, but I don't like to leave them burning unattended.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?
Maybe a wreath, a string of lights, and a stocking(s) for the kitties. I celebrate Christmas, but I'm not religious, so preferably secular.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?
I don't have a tree, so it would have to be something to hang on a wall/the door or sit on a bookshelf.
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?
I usually like the white lights.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?
I have a couple of throws with kitties on them.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
Hiking, running, going to the gym, reading, playing computer games.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?

No, not really.
Do you collect anything?
Coins from foreign countries, old physics text books, coffee-table books on the Civil War or Astronomy, and cat figurines (preferably non-breakable)
Movies: Sci-Fi / fantasy movies like Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Aliens, etc
Music: Classic rock mostly, with a little blues and heavy metal sprinkled in
Books: Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels, cat books, semi-technical books, like Stephen Hawking, Brian Greene, etc

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?
Yes, just a regular MP3 player.
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?
No, I buy them all the time.
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?
There are a lot of magazines I like, but I usually only find time to read a couple of books and Cat Fancy in a given month, so I don't really have time to read more.
Are you into crafts? What kinds?
No

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?
No
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?
No
What size shirt do you wear?
Men's large
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?
Probably sweat shirts.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Solids mostly, but I also like horizontal stripes or plaid sometimes.
Do you like to receive specialty socks as a gift?
I just wear plain socks
What is your shoe/sock size?
Men's 10

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
4 cats. Promise likes the wand-type toys, especially those with a rattle. Tiny will play with mice occasionally. Tre and Thufir aren't big on toys and would prefer to just climb the cat tree or lie in the bed. For treats, they like Greenies a lot. They really like shrimp (except Promise) and Promise is an absolute sucker for a little cheese or a piece of bacon.
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?
Tiny is allergic to beef, so best to avoid anything with beef.
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)
Promise is neurotic, so bouncy balls, springs, and loud toys are probably bad.
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?
No. I took them all off after one of my cats nearly electrocuted herself with her tag.
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?
I have a Furminator for my three short hairs and I use a long-hair comb for Thufir.
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?
Three of the four like catnip. I've never tried the others.