The Secret Santa Hints Thread - 2009

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, so excited for SS... I already have my box out and getting filled with little goodies here and there... Am waiting on the main part for a while longer!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, in answering these questions I think that I sound boring and very difficult to buy for.

So, I LOVE baseball, especially my team, the Oakland Athletics.

I spend my time exercising at my health club with my friends. I love the dance classes, especially the salsa classes.

What I really like to do is to cook. I pick out recipes daily for dinner, changing them only if I see something better at the supermarket. I also bake cookies weekly and some cakes.

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food?
Anything spicy
Favorite types of chocolate?
Belgium
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Do you like flavored coffee or tea?
I drink diet soda
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?
I really just snack on fruits, but I like sweets more than salty
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts?
Nope
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?
Absolutely
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies
I never met a cookie that I didn't like but my holiday is Chanukah, not Christmas
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?

Nope
Do you like to cook and/or bake?
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?
I love to cook and bake and I am always looking for new recipes!

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions?
Do you paint your nails? What tones?
Do you prefer bath or shower products?
What scents do you like best?
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.?
What's your favorite perfume or body spray?

I only use natural oil custom scents, I just use soap and I don't put things in my hair

GENERAL

What is your favorite color?
Any colors that you don't like?
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?
My favorite color is red, but I love all colors that are not pastels.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?
A touristy linen dish towel, one that highlights the things where they live
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?
Please, no candles, perfumes, any scents
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
I have a 22 year-old daughter
Do you like homemade gifts?
Absolutely!
Do you live in a house or an apartment??
House
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?
What makes me happy is to be with nature. I love to watch birds at my outside feeders, go to places with views, etc.
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts?
cat things are just fine
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS?
Nothing Christmasy
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas?
Right away
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils?
No, I just use the computer

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style?

Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
Do any of your rooms have special themes?
Do you burn candles?
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter?
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?

Please, nothing for the home. I don't burn candles, except for Chanukah. I have 14 Menorahs. So, I don't decorate for Christmas. I do love throws/blankets.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?!
I dance, I cook and bake and I bird watch.
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?
Not really
Do you collect anything?
No
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies: I like comedies
Music: Anything that you can dance to. I listen to stations that 20 somethings might listen to, but it has to be dancey
Books:
Mysteries

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?
iPod
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?
No
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?
Cooking Light and Martha Stewart
Are you into crafts? What kinds?
If I see a craft in Martha Stewart that I like, I do it. Other than that, I do some scrap booking

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?
I love jewelry, but what I like is somewhat out of the budget lol
What size shirt do you wear?
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)?
I prefer not to get shirts, etc
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift?
What is your shoe/sock size?
I love socks that I can wear at night to keep my feet warm

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided?
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs?
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle?
Besides Butzie, I have 2 budgies, Whitey Ford and Sandy Koufax. They don't need any toys. Butzie doesn't like catnip but she does like toys. I always keep her in collars fit for the princess that she is.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and another, another BUMP!....

Please, this is a reminder for all participants on Secret Santa

Many members have been answering the questionary, but others DO NOT MADE it yet...

IS very important YOU´LL do it as soon as you can

so this way you can give the opportunity of time for make shoppings without rushes...
.......(The time is ticking....
...)

Thank you for read....

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? Anything Chocolate. Preety much anything sweet.
Favorite types of chocolate? Milk chocolage, cholate with mint
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Like tea, love hot chocolate, don't drink coffee
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? I mostly drink Chia Latte
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Just about any sweet snack will do. Chocolate covered potato chips, or pretzels are good too.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? No food allergies
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Yes, I have in the past.
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? I love sugar cookies. I like the cut out cookies with frosting.
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? ?? nothing comes to mind.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? I do not cook, I used to bake when I had more time
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? No cookbooks for me.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? Anything sweet smelling, nothing floral
Do you paint your nails? What tones? I paint my toes during the summer. I like fun bright colors
Do you prefer bath or shower products? I love both
What scents do you like best? Same as lotions, sweet or fruity smells. Nothing floral.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? not really
What's your favorite perfume or body spray? Can't think of the name of it right now will have to come back later

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Purple
Any colors that you don't like? Not a big fan of yellow or bright green clothes.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Generally brights or pastels
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Nothing I can think of
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Anything floral. It tends to give me a headache
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 35
Do you like homemade gifts? Yes
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? apartment
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Pajamas & my kitties
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? No cat-themed gifts are great
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? nothing I can think of
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I'll open it right away.
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? They are fun, but not something I use regularly

DECORATING
What colors are the rooms in your home? Bathroom & Bedroom are puple & blue pastels, Front room is chocolate brown and maron
Kitchen
Living area
Bathrooms
bedrooms
what is your decorating style? I don't really have one
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? anything but super floral stuff
Do any of your rooms have special themes? No
Do you burn candles? sometimes
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I don't have a lot of room for christmas decorations
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? Yes, so that some day when I have a place large enough for a tree I will have lots of ornaments
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? sure, no real preferance for color

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies?! volunteer work with the cat shelter
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? puzzles & sudoku
Do you collect anything? No
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!
Movies: depends on my mood, I always like disney movies
Music: country or contemporary christian
Books: anything about animals

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Ipod
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? No
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? anything related to animals
Are you into crafts? What kinds? no

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?Yes & no
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Yes, any kind
What size shirt do you wear? 3x or 4x
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? t-shirts
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? Solids
Do you like to receive speciality socks as a gift? Not really
What is your shoe/sock size?

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! 4 cats
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? None that I know of
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) No
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? yes, the snap away kind
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have lots of burshes & combs
Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Yes they love all three

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I totally missed filling this out. Thanks for bumping it, CoolCat! I know this is a little late, but hopefully my SS will find it useful.
If not, maybe the rest of TCS will be amused by my answers!!

FOOD

What are your favorite types of food? My favorite types of food are Italian food, Mexican food, and Chinese food.
Favorite types of chocolate? I prefer milk chocolate over all other types of chocolate, especially when combined with chocolate or peanut butter.
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? I like all three! I love tea the most, but have an easier time making coffee.
Do you like flavored coffee or tea? Yes to both! I love cinnamon tea and vanilla coffee!
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? I like both, depending on my mood. I think I like sweet best. I enjoy most candies and cookies. I love Oreos and snickerdoodles.
Do you have any food allergies, like nuts? Nope!
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?Yeah! If they were from TCS, anyway!
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Snickerdoodles are my favorites, as well as cookies with lots of chocolate chips. But I pretty much like all cookies. Cookies = win!
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?Pickles. I hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE pickles. Other than that, not much.
Do you like to cook and/or bake? Eh. Sometimes. I like to have guests over for dinner and cook dinner for them, but if I could have awesome meals prepared for me every day by a cook, I'd do it. I don't love cooking or baking, just eating!
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Not especially.

PERSONAL CARE

Favorite scents for lotions? My favorite flowery scent is jasmine. I also like the foody scents, the stuff that smells like baked goods, like frosting or cake or cinnamon or something. I don't like fruity scents particularly.
Do you paint your nails? What tones? Not really.
Do you prefer bath or shower products? I don't often take baths because my bathtub is too small. If I had a bigger tub, I'd be taking a bath all the time! So, shower, I guess.

What scents do you like best? Same as for lotions. I am not familiar with any perfumes and stuff.
Do you use hair ties, barrettes/hair-slides, etc.? Yes! I have super long hair (halfway down my butt!) and I love cute hair pieces to put in it. My particular favorite are hair sticks (not from that website specifically, I just linked them so you would know for sure what I was talking about). I love using hair sticks to put up my hair!!!

What's your favorite perfume or body spray? I have no idea. I like perfume and body spray, but I haven't purchased any in a long time.

GENERAL

What is your favorite color? Purple, particularly darker purple. I also like other dark shades, like black, red, dark grey, navy, dark green, etc.
Any colors that you don't like? I don't like most pinks, and I am not particularly partial to orange or yellow either. I am okay with a dark, rosy pink, though.
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? I like more muted/earth tones best.
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? No, not particularly. That would be exciting though!
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? Nope!
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 26!

Do you like homemade gifts? Yes, I do, very much!
Do you live in a house or an apartment?? I currently live in an apartment, but I will be moving in a few weeks, hopefully to a house.
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Books and my cats!
Do you prefer not to get cat-themed gifts? I don't think I would mind, especially if they were Siamese cat themed gifts!
Is there something you would prefer NOT to get from your SS? I can't think of anything!
Will you open your gift right away or wait until Christmas? I will probably open it right away!
Do you like notebooks, notepads, sticky notes, pens/pencils? I guess. Not especially?

DECORATING

What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen Black and white and chrome/silver
Living Room Cream, black, and a dusky kind of country blue
Bathrooms Kind of a mint/sage green and cream
Bedrooms Sage green and navy blue
Dining Room Tan and Rusty red
What is your decorating style? Modern, slightly eclectic, with fantasy or Renaissance themed artwork, or Celtic knotwork, and a combination of modern and antique furniture.
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? I prefer solid colors.
Do any of your rooms have special themes? The bathroom is themed after water lilies and lily pads. I have some photographs of water lilies up on the walls and the green in the bathroom matches the lily pads in the photos. Otherwise, no, although I have thought of some, I just haven't implemented them yet. I can't afford to.
Do you burn candles? Yes, I love candles!!! My favorite scents are anything with cinnamon (just cinnamon, cinnamon/nutmeg, apple cinnamon, anything, yum yum) and vanilla.
Do you put up Christmas decorations, and if so, do you prefer secular or religious ones, or doesn't it matter? I don't put up a tree because I don't have one. Otherwise, I would. I like to decorate for Christmas! I would prefer non-religious decorations though, please.
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? No one has ever really given me any, and I don't have a tree, so I guess no?
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? No.
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Yes! Any dark solid color would be fine, although probably cream would be better, since it would match the cats.

HOBBIES, ETC.

What are your hobbies? I do a lot of sewing.
I love reading. I also love playing games - table top roleplaying games, card games, board games, miniature games, video games - you name it, I like it. I also do some drawing and painting!
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not really, no.
Do you collect anything? Not really. Books?
We should also include our favorite types of movies, music and books!
Movies: Fantasy, sci-fi, action, romantic comedy
Music: Power metal and other types of metal! Celtic music. Alternative and rock.
Books: Pretty much everything! My favorite genres of fiction are fantasy, sci-fi, and romance, but I also enjoy thrillers and mysteries. I'm not much for horror, although if it is more suspenseful than disgustingly scary, I'm good for it. I read a lot of non-fiction, too, about things like cats and crafts and stuff. I love reading!
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? No. I wish I did!
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? Absolutely not! I love reading, and I get a lot of books from used book stores!
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I don't really read any magazines.
Are you into crafts? What kinds? Yes! Sewing (costuming, making totes and purses, pillows, cat beds, whatever!), jewelry making, drawing and painting.

CLOTHING/ JEWELRY

Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Yes, and yes. I have to wear sterling silver or gold or titanium. Even hypoallergic posts make me react badly.
Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Yes! I love Celtic themed jewelry. I have two necklaces and two rings and several pairs of earrings (all are silver) with Celtic knotwork. I love them! I like silver stuff, though, and am open to most anything.
What size shirt do you wear? XL, or 2XL depending on the type of shirt. XL if it is a traditional men's t-shirt. 2XL (or sadly even 3XL) in most women's clothes.
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? T-shirts probably. I like pretty blouses, since I dress up to go to one of my jobs, though!
Do you prefer solid colors or prints, and if the latter, what kind (floral, geometric, stripes, etc.)? I don't like plaid, or big, loud patterns, but I do like patterns on clothing. I like paisley and flowing, swirly patterns, and subdued flowery patterns as long as the colors aren't too bright. I also like solid colors.
Do you like to receive specialty socks as a gift? I absolutely ADORE silly socks! They are one of my most favorite things ever! I wear silly socks all the time. I wear silly socks to work in the office, sneaking around in ladybug socks while wearing a suit, and giggling about it. I would be so happy to get silly socks!
What is your shoe/sock size? I wear a size 9 in women's!

PETS

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! I have two Siamese cats, Pixel & Bamf, but my roommate has acquired a stray kitten as of last weekend - a little black kitten that my roommate has named Bagheera! Bamf loves to chase little things that make noise like pop caps and jingly bells. He also loves Da Bird. He is indifferent to catnip. His favorite treats are the Wellness treats that are like jerky. Pixel loves Da Bird and the laser pointer. She loves to chase things and juuuuump. She also really loves catnip. Her favorite treats are Whiska's Temptations and Greenies. She likes crunchy treats. We don't really know what Bagheera likes yet. He seems to like everything so far!
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? Nope!
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Nope!
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? Nope!
What kind(s) of brush or comb do you have for your cats and/or dogs? I have 1 of almost every kind of brush that you can get...

Do your cats like catnip, valerian, or honeysuckle? Pixel loves catnip. I have never tried Valerian or honeysuckle. I haven't tried anything on Bagheera yet.
[/quote]

Whew! That was a long one! I hope that there is time for this to still be useful to my SS!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love reading or browsing through here, the cate site or this thread, all the time and I or other people, appreciate the time or lack of time, you took to answer or fill out the questions, even if I or someone else, may or may not, be your Secret Santa.

Hope I was or wasn't clear!