The Secret Santa Hints Thread 2008

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are you favorite types of food? I like Greek, Italian and Chinese foods

Favorite types of chocolate? Milk chocolate, no peanuts! Other kinds of nuts are okay!

Favorite scents for candles? I don't burn candles, since Cleo tried to set herself on fire with one when she was a kitten!

Favorite scents for lotions? I LOVE Ahava hand cream, but it's expensive! Spicy or musky scents are my favorite.

If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book? I love to read, so any book is good!

Do you collect anything? Not really. I love pretty picture frames.

What is your favorite color? Dark green and dark purple

If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include? Chocolate? Photos? Literature or travel guides about your home (travel guides or points of interest even in US or Canada too!)

What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen Light blue(sort of dusty blue)/linen
Living area Navy blue and Burgundy with hints of hunter green -brass accents
Bathrooms Navy blue, ivory and linen - brass fixtures
bedrooms Navy blue and Burgundy - brass accents, spare room - Hunter green, rust and dark beige - oak accents

what is your decorating style? Very traditional - think oak and brass, with some antiques.

Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches? Not particularly

Any colors that you don't like? Reds, yellows and oranges, although pinks can be nice

How do you feel about black & white photos? Very cool!

do you like to bake? Don't really have the time, but get in a baking mood once in a while.

What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS? Probably not clothes, as I'm really busty, so I'm hard to fit.

We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!

Movies: I loved "The Prestige" and don't own it yet. Movies like that are what I like. Absolutely hate the dumb comedy stuff like Napoleon Dynamite, etc
Music: Rock, Alternative, Blues
Books: Thrillers and mystery stuff. Any book is a good book...you absolutely can't go wrong with books.

Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal? Pierced ears, no dangle earrings due to my job. Not allergic to any metal.

Do you like jewelry? What kinds? Love jewelry. Lately into sterling silver.

How many animals do you have? What kind (cats, dogs, etc!) Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats! Three cats, two with renal failure. They love their laser pointer, anything catnip, milk jug rings, wadded paper balls, and they go nuts for sparkly wand toys.

Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certain foods/treats that should be avoided? I try to stay with low phosphorus stuff for the renal failure girls, so don't give many treats besides boiled chicken breast.

What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading? I have subscriptions (just renewed) to Discover and Cat Fancy. I love to pick up the celebrity junk magazines at the check out too...like "Us", "People", "Star", etc.

What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy? Hazelnut coffee or Chai Latte and cuddling up with the kitties, wrapped in a quilt and reading a book!

Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies? I don't really care for vanilla scents, but not allergic. Don't care for tropical scents like mango, coconut, etc., either. I absolutely love lavender

What size shirt do you wear? 1x for the boobs, but then the sleeves are too long, lol!

Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses? I prefer button fronts

Are you allergic to nuts? Peanuts & peanut butter gag me, but I'm not allergic

Do you have an IPod or MP3 player? Ipod Nano.

Are you into crafts? What kinds? Quilting, reading, gardening

Do you paint your nails? What tones? Can't wear nail polish because of my job.

How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds 49

What are your hobbies?! Quilting, reading, gardening

Do you like homemade gifts? Absolutely!
If so, what kinds? Surprise me!

Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet? Of course!

What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies? Oatmeal raisin, and any kind of date cookie

Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)? Peanunts and peanut butter....GAK!!!

Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...) Maggie likes to chew stuff, so string is probably not a good idea.

Do you live in a house or an apartment?? House

Do you prefer bath or shower products? What scents do you like best? Lavender scents. Bath products.

Do you collect anything (that wasn't mentioned in other replies)? Can't think of anything.

What kind of toys do your kitties/other animals like to play with best? Maggie likes feather wands best, Lola likes pompom balls best, Cleo likes long dangly mylar wands best.

Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present? I haven't put up a Christmas tree since 1999. I'm sure the girls would destroy it.

Do you like to recieve speciality socks as a gift? Socks are great!

Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)? Love them...any color is fine

Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones? Dark or vibrant colors usually

Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind? They don't wear collars.

What color wrapping paper do you like best when someone gives you a gift???? Any kind of themed paper you like best? (snowmen, reindeer, green..etc) No preferance

Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Hazelnut coffee and Chai tea. Not a huge fan of hot chocolate

Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites? Depends on my mood...but I like both!

Do you like receiving gift cards? Sure

Do you like burned music cds or originals? Both

Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like? Most of my recipes are family recipes. I also find a lot of recipes in magazines or on line.

Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors? Bah humbug. I can't decorate...not with three destruct-o-cats.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a new question!

Are you on the dark side? IOW: If you get your package early will you open it or wait? What if there are perishables in it?

I'm on the dark side... I just love getting packages too much to wait.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like to get mine, and then be purrrrsuaded to join the Dark Side.

But there's no way I'd wait until Christmas. I mean, if there's chocolate, wouldn't that be cruel to make my SS wait to see if I'd enjoyed it?

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I have a new question!

Are you on the dark side? IOW: If you get your package early will you open it or wait? What if there are perishables in it?

Yep, definitely on the dark side. Mwahahahahahaha

Originally Posted by kluchetta

I like to get mine, and then be purrrrsuaded to join the Dark Side.

But there's no way I'd wait until Christmas. I mean, if there's chocolate, wouldn't that be cruel to make my SS wait to see if I'd enjoyed it?
Yes, the first rule of the SPCC (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Chocolate - and other goodies starting with "c") is
OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN !!!

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, if I didn't open it Pepper would, so i might as well open it, right?

You know, I was going to say that the boy probably wouldn't open it, but, yeah, he would. I had to rewrap all of the presents I gave people last year 'cause he opened them all

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Yes, the first rule of the SPCC (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Chocolate - and other goodies starting with "c") is
OPEN OPEN OPEN OPEN !!!
Indeed. We do our best to prevent any chocolate from sitting there all lonely and uneaten in a package for weeks or months at a time. What a horrid life for the chocolate. It must be eaten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Indeed. We do our best to prevent any chocolate from sitting there all lonely and uneaten in a package for weeks or months at a time. What a horrid life for the chocolate. It must be eaten!
I remember last year your package sat in your car while at work all day and you agonized about the chocolate in it.

I would most likely open it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Depends how early it arrives. I shop when I need to, but other than that, I don't start "doing" Christmas until about mid-December. And that's what I aim for, when I send my parcels, so that it's "within the season" without taking a chance on it being late. So, I'd probably wait until I knew the parcels I sent had arrived.

On the matter of perishables, though, if I know there are perishables, their well-being will trump the integrity of the package.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most likely I would open mine as well. Doesn't look like there will have to be too much persuading to join the Dark Side this year!

And to whomever gets the package I send out...you must be on the Dark Side. If you're not, you will get a message that you must turn to the Dark Side. I will be sending home-made cookies, and Kass and Karen can attest that they are yummy!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Most likely I would open mine as well. Doesn't look like there will have to be too much persuading to join the Dark Side this year!

And to whomever gets the package I send out...you must be on the Dark Side. If you're not, you will get a message that you must turn to the Dark Side. I will be sending home-made cookies, and Kass and Karen can attest that they are yummy!
Mmmmmmmmmmm - can't wait!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't turned to the dark side yet. If cookies or something perishable gets sent to me, it's going to have to be specially marked for immediate opening!
Other than that, I open my gifts on Christmas morning.

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What are you favorite types of food?
Chinese
Favorite types of chocolate?
Chocolatey
Favorite scents for candles?
Sandlewood
Favorite scents for lotions?
Vanilla
If you like to read, do you have a problem with receiving a used book?
Not as long as the words are still on the page (if it's a good enough book, just make sure they're in the same envelope!)
Do you collect anything?
Books. Coffee mugs
What is your favorite color?
Brown
If your SS is from overseas, is there anything special you would like them to include?
Local coffee mug

What colors are the rooms in your home?
Kitchen

Green
Living area
Sandy
Bathrooms
Blue
Bedrooms
Brick

What is your decorating style?
Unique
Do you enjoy puzzles like crosswords, sudoku, wordsearches?
Non math; Yes. Sudoku Kakoro etc. No
Any colors that you don't like?
Pink
How do you feel about black & white photos?
Pretty
Do you like to bake?
Yes
What is one thing you absolutely DONT want from your SS?
Nothing really
We should also include our fav types of movies, music and books!

Movies:

Sci-Fi
Music:
Country, Jazz, Rock 'n' Roll, Heavy Metal. (I'm unique, what's your point?)
Books:
Sci-Fi, Fantasy
Do you have pierced ears? Are you allergic to any kinds of metal?
No and No
Do you like jewelry? What kinds?
Yes. Braclets and Necklaces
How many animals do you have?
What kind (cats, dogs, etc!)
3 Cats, 1 Dog and 4 kids
Tell us a little about their favorite toys/treats!
Stuffed toys, not fond of treats
Does your pet (s) have any allergies to certaint foods/treats that should be avoided?
No
What kind of magazines do you enjoy reading?
Don't read magazines
What are your favorite "comfort" things that make you happy?
Books, Coffee, Chocolate, My Kids
Are there any scents (candles/perfume/etc) that should be avoided due to allergies?
No
What size shirt do you wear?
Australian size 20
Do you prefer t-shirts, sweatshirts or blouses?
Tees
Are you allergic to nuts?
I am one! (No)
Do you have an IPod or MP3 player?
Yes (Creative media MP4)
Are you into crafts? What kinds?
Yes. Cross-stitch and Card Making
Do you paint your nails? What tones?
Yes. Browns
How old are you? (roughly will do fine) 20 yr olds tend to like diff things than 50 yr olds
50's
What are your hobbies?!
Reading, Cross-stitch, Card Making
Do you like homemade gifts?
If so, what kinds?

Yes. Anything that's had some effort put in it
Would you eat homemade cookies sent by a person you only know via the internet?
Yes
What are your favorite kinds of cookies, esp. holiday cookies?
Anything NOT chocolate
Are there any ingredients that should be avoided (i.e. something you hate or are allergic to)?
No
Are there any kind of cat toys that should be avoided? (i.e. feathers, string, noisy toys that scare kitty...)
Anything that will hurt if I stand on it at 3am
Do you live in a house or an apartment??
House
Do you prefer bath or shower products? What scents do you like best?
Shower. Vanilla
Do you collect anything (that wasn't mentioned in other replies)?
Eccentricities
What kind of toys do your kitties/other animals like to play with best?
Feathers
Do you like Christmas ornaments/etc as a present?
Yes
Do you like to recieve speciality socks as a gift?
No
Do you like throws/blankets? What color(s)?
Yes. Browns
Do you like more vibrant colors, pastels, or more muted/earth tones?
Earth tones
Do your kitties wear collars? If so what kind?
No. Indoor kitties
What color wrapping paper do you like best when someone gives you a gift???? Any kind of themed paper you like best? (snowmen, reindeer, green..etc)
Reindeer
Do you like tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Coffee
Sweet or salty snacks? If so, what are your favorites?
Chips
Do you like receiving gift cards?
Yes
Do you like burned music cds or originals?
Originals
Do you like cookbooks? If so, are there any in particular you would like?
Yes. Yummy stuff
Do you decorate your Christmas tree/house in certain colors?
Red and Green

Sorry I took so long. My internets been an absolute dog!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I remember last year your package sat in your car while at work all day and you agonized about the chocolate in it.

I would most likely open it.
Exactly! and there WAS chocolate in it. Just imagine if I hadn't opened it that day. That poor neglected chocolate would have sat there all lonely and uneaten

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Exactly! and there WAS chocolate in it. Just imagine if I hadn't opened it that day. That poor neglected chocolate would have sat there all lonely and uneaten
I like the way you think!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I have a new question!

As much as my curiousty will bother me, I never open them early.
That would take all the pleasure out of having something to open on Christmas or Christmas Eve!