The Secret Santa Discussion Thread

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I have to wrap up 2 orders for Auntie Em goods and get them shipped out tomorrow or Friday. Neither of these orders are for my personal SS, but I know what 2 lucky people are getting!

You can beat me up all you want, but I'm not telling who your SS's are!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

Oh good, I'm not the only one! I was starting to worry that they'd be after me soon...
I hope my SS recipient wasn't a fan of the dark side or anything.
If you are shipping within the US, and off the top of my head I don't know if you are or not, you still have plenty of time to shop.

Originally Posted by pushylady

hey wait a minute......

That would be very sneaky of Karen & Co, and they're not like that, are they?

Originally Posted by twstychik

I was going to run to the local pet store for a few goodies until I realized that we have a ND home football game this weekend. That means that I won't be leaving the house at all on Saturday and probably not Sunday either since the pet store is right next to campus. I'll probably go on my lunch next week sometime but I'm waiting till after Thanksgiving to ship because I've got lots of homework/papers to do by the 30th.
I won't be going to the Post Office until after Thanksgiving either.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am going to start wrapping tonight and see how much room I have left in the box and see if I need anything else to fill it out! I got another item last night and I am really excited to get this off. It may go soon or it may go later... Who knows!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, today i bought packing tape, containers for edibles, & some ingredients... also figured out how to alter a recipe to suit my recipient!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, today i bought packing tape, containers for edibles, & some ingredients... also figured out how to alter a recipe to suit my recipient!
oohh yummy! I can't wait!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I checked the tracking code for my SS gift this morning to check it's progress and as of yesterday it has left Canada and is heading down the eastern seaboard.

So which of those 4 southern states is it headed for Virginia, the Carolina's or Flordia....
I'm not telling..

All I will say is Santa's on the way.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Well I checked the tracking code for my SS gift this morning to check it's progress and as of yesterday it has left Canada and is heading down the eastern seaboard.

So which of those 4 southern states is it headed for Virginia, the Carolina's or Flordia....
I'm not telling..

Virginia!!!!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

So which of those 4 southern states is it headed for Virginia, the Carolina's or Flordia.... I'm not telling..

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Virginia!!!!

Maybe----Maybe Not

I'm not about to let the secret out

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

That's good, hope I wasn't too much trouble!

Maybe----Maybe Not

I'm not about to let the secret out
Michigan? Nope.. too far north.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up a bunch of goodies for the kitties of my SS today! I am pretty much done except for getting some chocolate and baking cookies!
Hope my SS will be excited to get the goodies! I always seem to have more fun buying for others than vice versa. I want to be sure that I can make one person's christmas better than my own. At least this way I don't have to think of what I will have to face eventually.

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I finally got all my SS's gifts wrapped but now I have to find a bigger box cause they won't fit in the one I have
O well I hope my SS likes what I got them.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I shipped off 5 SS packages this morning. Yup, count em, 5. And none were for my SS recipient!

And I'm not telling whether they go directly to the recipient, or to the SS herself.

2 more to finish up tomorrow and ready to ship on Monday.

(this is getting fun)

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

The tracking info said that my Secret Santa gift got on a plane. Is that all it said?
Ohhh!!!

Originally Posted by Duchess15

I picked up a bunch of goodies for the kitties of my SS today! I am pretty much done except for getting some chocolate and baking cookies!
Hope my SS will be excited to get the goodies! I always seem to have more fun buying for others than vice versa. I want to be sure that I can make one person's christmas better than my own. At least this way I don't have to think of what I will have to face eventually.
Kitties = multiple which excludes me... MAYBE, unless you are being sneaky!!
Though I have to say I am with you EXACTLY on your sentiments. Christmas with my family has gone down the tubes since my mom passed, then my dad divorced my stop mom for a lady he met on the internet, then she passed, and now dad does our Traditional Christmas Eve with HER family. Yeah, it sucks. But there's not much I can do, except have so much fun with christmas this way. I really do enjoy it!

Originally Posted by wildfire203

Well I finally got all my SS's gifts wrapped but now I have to find a bigger box cause they won't fit in the one I have
O well I hope my SS likes what I got them.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

I shipped off 5 SS packages this morning. Yup, count em, 5. And none were for my SS recipient!

And I'm not telling whether they go directly to the recipient, or to the SS herself.

2 more to finish up tomorrow and ready to ship on Monday.

(this is getting fun)
The torment!

Originally Posted by mews2much

I will say that we got my ss something from the Harvest Festival today.
I ahve a few more things to get then it will be ready to go.
Ok.. I can wait!

To MY SS... Hi
________. I just wanted to let you know that nearly all of your gifts are wrapped now. I also have your card picked out and found a really cool way to give you hints to who I am. (Thanks to the hubby on that one!) I really am hoping that you like everything I got for you and your bunch of fuzzies! I am also hoping that your package travels to _________ with no issues. Don't think it will be. So, ________ no need to keep your eyes out at the mailbox for your pressie yet, but soon now. Just have to get some, chocolate/nuts/treats/etc as the final filler.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have bought the box to ship the presents in and wrapped them - I just need to go to the supermarket and get some chocolatey stuff.
Then it is all ready to send off. It will either be tomorrow or Wednesday, depending how much time I get in between exams and study!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I have bought the box to ship the presents in and wrapped them - I just need to go to the supermarket and get some chocolatey stuff.
Then it is all ready to send off. It will either be tomorrow or Wednesday, depending how much time I get in between exams and study!
oh yummy!

Shame about Sniffers being phased out though....