The Secret Santa Discussion Thread

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I just marked you off on my spreadsheet as "shipped".
When someone posts that they shipped, I always mark it off.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

I don't know what to get my person. I am so confused. HELP
Did they answer all the questions in the hints thread? If you want to PM me your person, I can try to help you come up with some ideas. Reading through last year's threads of gifts received is a good way to see what people are sending as well

I got my stuff all wrapped tonight
Ok I cheated a bit and used bags
I also had LOTS of help of the furry variety, so hopefully things won't have too much cat hair and bite marks!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Did you say bags?

makes mental note and compares it to her SS wishlist
probably won't help - lots of us lazy folks use bags... i did year before last!

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I got my stuff all wrapped tonight
Ok I cheated a bit and used bags
I also had LOTS of help of the furry variety, so hopefully things won't have too much cat hair and bite marks!
he he I love bags cause I hate hate hate wraping

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Using bags and tissue paper is a great shortcut when fighting off cats while wrapping! Besides, they make extra presents for the recipient's kitties to play with when it arrives!

Y'all are way too organized. Besides, in checking the Black Friday ads that have been posted on the net, there's a couple things in there that I want to pick up. And no, it's not an HDTV or anything like that.
I wish! Maybe if we hit the Powerball on Saturday...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Did you say bags?

makes mental note and compares it to her SS wishlist

I don't mind wrapping, used to even enjoy it, but it just seems like I don't have as much time anymore. Bags are a lifesaver!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

You would be the most excellent UPS employee! You already have your own database.

Maybe you should start Karen's Shipping Service with the motto - It's not shipped until it's marked.

And you can mark me down as not shipped (not going to send anything until the very, very, very last millisecond).
You did that last year as well.

Originally Posted by yam102284

Just shipped mine today. Didn't know how long it would take to get there, so I hope it doesn't get there too early.
Another one to mark off the list.

She posted some great hints in the hint thread.

Originally Posted by clixpix

Well double and triple
to you! You are supposed to be keeping track as well.
I suppose you think I will let you copy off my spreadsheet?

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I hope the PTB (Powers That Be) watching over the Secret Santa program will see this: I sent off my package today.
Let's see... Texas to Michigan, USPS, figure in the weekend, should be here about.. opps, Thanksgiving, Maybe Black friday... Ok, I'll wait for it!

Originally Posted by gemlady

Still waiting on my jewelry supplies before I can start.
Or wait... Maybe it won't come yet! i can wait still too!

You would be the most excellent UPS employee! You already have your own database.

Maybe you should start Karen's Shipping Service with the motto - It's not shipped until it's marked.

And you can mark me down as not shipped (not going to send anything until the very, very, very last millisecond).
Wait.... now I have to wait even longer!
Phooey!

Originally Posted by yam102284

Just shipped mine today. Didn't know how long it would take to get there, so I hope it doesn't get there too early.
New Hampshire is pretty close... so... Maybe Tuesday, or Wednesday I should get it then.. Ohh.. Even sooner now!

Wait... you haven't even started shopping for me yet? It's ok, I like Anything! I'm not picky at all!

Originally Posted by valanhb

Using bags and tissue paper is a great shortcut when fighting off cats while wrapping! Besides, they make extra presents for the recipient's kitties to play with when it arrives!

Y'all are way too organized. Besides, in checking the Black Friday ads that have been posted on the net, there's a couple things in there that I want to pick up. And no, it's not an HDTV or anything like that.
I wish! Maybe if we hit the Powerball on Saturday...
I'd like an HDTV. I have one but it's really small.. About a 42" will work fine. If you see about drop shipping it may be cheaper!

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Well, it was recommended to use bags or boxes in case customs wants to open them...

oops, was that a hint?
Wait... you are in the US? so that means it's not me. :-( That's ok... I'll wait for whoevers get's to me!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jill... you crack me up!

We had a book fair in the lobby of my building yesterday. I found the cutest kitty cook book I just had to get 2. One for me, one for my secret santa, one for my MIL. Wait! That's one more than I bought. Huh... Anyway, I still haven't done much shopping but I don't have a lot to buy. And even though I'm on the dark side I think I might wait unti after Thanksgiving to ship. I have too much school work due before the holiday to get much else done.

eta: I forgot to mention, they also had the local HC there with puppies and kittens. I'm glad someone asked about airholes.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still shopping here. My SS has mentioned she is on the dark side so I have plenty of time to ship. Well into December so that she has it right before Christmas.
No darkside this year.
Aren't I a stinker.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

eta: I forgot to mention, they also had the local HC there with puppies and kittens. I'm glad someone asked about airholes.
Uh-oh! Someone better be on the lookout for wiggling boxes

I realized I had put no kitty treats in mine yet
Awful, I know! So it seems I have one more thing to shop for
Going to find a box this weekend and mail it soon!

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am almost ready to ship to my ss (but I think Ill hold off and keep her waiting!)!!!
Still need to wrap, er, giftbag
but in any case, pretty sure the recipient will be happy
This is so much fun!