The Secret Santa Discussion Thread

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I did a little more secret santa gift shopping tonight
Who wants their presents!!!
well, i tried - was at Walmart, looked for the 99¢ package of sparkle balls i'd bought there before - but they didn't have them!
all they had was a larger bag w/smaller balls...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

well, i tried - was at Walmart, looked for the 99¢ package of sparkle balls i'd bought there before - but they didn't have them!
all they had was a larger bag w/smaller balls...
Ohh I understand your frusteration! I went to TJ Maxx, Target & World Market (had to run errands anyways, so I did a little SS shopping while I was out!). I found lots of fun SS gifts while I was there.

Then I decided I wanted to run to another store and pick up a few more things, and I found several things I thought my SS would like, got to check out, and they do not take American Express
Go figure and I had like no cash on me, so I'll have to go to the bank this week and then go back
Ahh the frusteration!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While not participating this year - I thought I'd mention something if anyone is having problems with gift ideas for this or even family or friends that are cat lovers. While browsing some antique shops a couple days ago I found some of the cutest cat figurines. Usually the prices varied from $5 - $25.
I wonder if I should drop hints to my MIL, she'd buy me gifts like that.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Ohh I understand your frustration!
the thing is, i think these 'new' sparkle balls are too small - looked small enough to swallow. i certainly don't want anything like THAT to happen!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

the thing is, i think these 'new' sparkle balls are too small - looked small enough to swallow. i certainly don't want anything like THAT to happen!
After hearing about those balls here I went looking at our WalMart and the ones they had were too small, also.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I did a little more secret santa gift shopping tonight
Who wants their presents!!!
I do!! I Do!!!

Originally Posted by gemlady

After hearing about those balls here I went looking at our WalMart and the ones they had were too small, also.
I know... everytime I find a really good (and priced right) toy, they go and get rid of it. Kitters had these rope mice that she LOVED! They came 6 in a pack for $1 and now they don't carry them at the place I was getting them AND they only carry $2.99 toys! Sheesh! Inflation!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:-o I've been snooped! How exciting!

As for those little balls at walmart, I looked too, there are enough big ones in there that its still cheaper to buy the pack and just send the big ones and use the little ones for craft stuff or even just to toss them out.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forest LOVED those sparkle balls from Walmart...there must be about 100 of them hidden in various places around the house. I haven't been able to find them here, either.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im getting quite into this! I bought something for my ss last week when I was in Vancouver, and am going to find something else next week when I am in Montreal/Toronto! SS will be getting a Canada-wide treat

Cant wait to see what I get!!!! Im hoping to be able to part open and part save my SS gift....but Im not sure how much willpower I might have...depends on how early I get the gift I guess...

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back and looked at my SS info and was delighted to see something I hadn't picked up the first time. I'm meeting a friend in about 2 weeks in a little tourist town where I know I will find some really neat things for my SS!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I still have a bajillion sparkle balls around here, more in a bag from when I found Trent's stash and when we moved and found at least 50 under stuff, and I found an unopened bag from Wal Mart the other day. Of course, now Mojo has decided they are her favorite toy too, so they still get lost pretty fast, and she really really loves the bigger ones.

If you don't know what we're talking about, here's a pic from when I found Trent's stash. He's been playing with them in the bathroom and was stuffing them under a foot massage thingie we had (but never used).

Have y'all checked any of the craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby? I have noticed that WalMart has really cut their crafts section to the bare minimum around here.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Have y'all checked any of the craft stores like Michaels or Hobby Lobby? I have noticed that WalMart has really cut their crafts section to the bare minimum around here.
no, i happened to be in Wal-Mart, so thought i'd pick up a bag. wasn't really there SS shopping - i was getting stuff for school.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

If you don't know what we're talking about, here's a pic from when I found Trent's stash. He's been playing with them in the bathroom and was stuffing them under a foot massage thingie we had (but never used).
Oh my gosh! That's hilarious!!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

& just how is that cheating? the only shopping it did that wasn't online was something i saw in BigLots, & the cat toys i bought last year @ Petsmart when they went on clearance...
It's not really cheating. I was just being silly.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 2 weeks until the Gem and Mineral show my club sponsors. (And for the first time in 18 years I'm not involved with the planning).

I wonder what my recipient would like me to look for. (Within the budget...
)

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I wonder what my recipient would like me to look for. (Within the budget...
)
Oh - not much. Just some tanzanite, alexandrite, morganite, kunzite, diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds....

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

fun fun I hope I can make my person happy with What I get. Im kinda scared I wont do a good enough job.
Im nervous I wont do a good job either!! So hopefully I do do a good job! I dont want anyone to be disapointed!