• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

ok, so in addition to my above post....

I paid attention this morning and.....

the only differences I see are that my posture has improved, and I'm not steadying myself with the rails..... so perhaps thats why I'm sore today? The lack of using the rails..... not that I put any weight on em before but just rested my hands there because my balance wasn't all that good.

Maybe the posture.... I really dunno.

I imagine I'll be sore tomorrow, even tho I did take it easy today...... so I think tomorrow will be my day off
Howdy howdy!

If you are starting to not use the rails, that is the reason why you are sore. Instead of using your hands and arms to steady yourself, your body is using lots of other muscles to keep you stable, and many of those muscles don't normally get a lot of attention, so it will take them awhile to get them used to the extra work, so to speak. It sounds like your efforts are really improving your balance and core, which is wonderful.

I'll try to post more often, since I am still working out all the time. LOL

Today was another Tuesday morning Daily Shred workout. Man do I hate these days, as I am still not where I would like to be, performance-wise.

As long as the price holds for another week, I am hoping to invest in a weight bench next Friday. Keep your fingers crossed, as Dave really needs to work on his non-existent pecs!

Good work to everyone keeping the faith. Keep up the great work!

Dave

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I haven't been posting regularly, I have kept up with using my treadmill.

I'm very happy with the differences I've noticed in the what, 2wks I've had it.

I do anywhere between 60-100mins 5-6x/wk. and have noticed a difference in heartrate, stamina, mood, etc.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ive just been catching up on everyones recent work, and I am very impressed and even more motivated thanks to you all

Yesterday was an incredibly active day for me as we decided to bike to West Edmonton Mall and back - its just over 12km each way - and then walk to the falcon grounds to try and take some pictures/scope some falcons. So, on top of the long bike ride, I also logged just over 20000 steps on the pedometer. Needless to say, I slept well last night!

Today Im up to 12818 steps, as I walked home from lab, and then to and from the store about a mile away. Heres hoping the weather stays nice so I can stay outside!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Februa

Ive just been catching up on everyones recent work, and I am very impressed and even more motivated thanks to you all

Yesterday was an incredibly active day for me as we decided to bike to West Edmonton Mall and back - its just over 12km each way - and then walk to the falcon grounds to try and take some pictures/scope some falcons. So, on top of the long bike ride, I also logged just over 20000 steps on the pedometer. Needless to say, I slept well last night!

Today Im up to 12818 steps, as I walked home from lab, and then to and from the store about a mile away. Heres hoping the weather stays nice so I can stay outside!

Great job!!!!!! I was wondering, did you happen to get any falcon pics? If so, I would love to see them

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I did
just 1.7miles in 50mins...... but thats including a 5min warm up, 5min cool down...... on average I did 2.2mph speed..... ( I'm short, so that is walking at a fair pace for me) 3mph is a light jog for me.......
I wrote that on April 20th..... just shy of 3wks ago.

I just completed 5miles in 100mins..... which again included a 5min warm up and 5min cool down.

I have continued to leave jogging out of it for now.... I would like my heart to be in a lot better shape before pushing it too much.

My aim is to keep my HR around 140-150, min. of 3miles a day. 5-6x/wk. I've increased speed from time to time, but more playing with the inclines instead. (both raise the HR)

Todays 5miles was burning off some stress, and watching a tv show LOL.

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all,

The doc thinks that I have mono (but I hope it is just a super nasty cold), and I have been pretty much dead on my feet for the past week. I am hoping to bang out some push ups, pullups, etc. tomorrow, but I am getting worn out just thinking about that.

Keep kicking tail, folks!

Dave

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You people are so inspiring, and congrats to all for doing so well!

Dave - sorry about the mono or super nasty cold.... either way, it can knock you down for a while.

We've managed to get out for at least a little bit of a walk every day. Not counting steps or length - but getting up and out is good.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dave, I really hope it's not mono, my husband had that not too long ago and it lasted quite a long time. keep exercising if you can, I found that even when I started, any little bit of exercise helped me push away that cold.

Laurie, a walk every day is a very good start. Any activity is.

Me, I'd switch things up again and am now working on doing it every other day, as I am pushing myself a little harder now. I am still staying away from jogging, but I do use the inclines quite frequently at about 7%, still sticking to 3.1 mph and have increased my time to 90 to 120 minutes.

I bought myself a heart rate monitor that I wear during the day, and I have noticed a difference in my resting heart rate. I have not yet been able to get the official resting heart rate, which according to medical professionals is your heart rate the moment you wake up without an alarm clock. Now for me, that one is going to be difficult to get. I either wake up when it is still dark out, or I wake up with an alarm clock. So instead I just checked it randomly throughout the day and find it fascinating to see what all affects it.

still need to work out today, but it has been a long day and I keep procrastinating. But I will do it probably shortly after supper I imagine. At the very latest that is.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know. The summer Gary and I concentrated on getting out to walk every day, rain or shine, was the most fit either of us have been in years. Sadly, that was.... too many years ago.

Back then we could do at least a mile every day. I'm not sure Gary's health would let him go that far before causing him massive pain.... but even the short distances, we change up speeds, which I think is helping.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been carrying on with my walking, i even did a lot of walking on my holdiday

i walked a mile and a half there and back to the pub only had one pint though

im working on a new route to work well slight variation on the same one i walk past a metro station that has a sub way so instead of cutting through that im going to walk up the stairs and over and down instead of walking through

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok so I havent been out for any sort of walk today but however I have been using my brothers weihts and done 20 things on each arm 3 times today to tone my arm muscles up, im radually building up to starting to do sit ups

I also have a childish way of getting me to walk more, I asked Blaine for pokemon for my DS not just so I could sit and play on it but get this it comes with a pedometer with it and you take one of your pokemon out and it grows and stuff helping you with the game.... anything to help encourage me is worth a shot or am I really just that sad lol

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

I also have a childish way of getting me to walk more, I asked Blaine for pokemon for my DS not just so I could sit and play on it but get this it comes with a pedometer with it and you take one of your pokemon out and it grows and stuff helping you with the game.... anything to help encourage me is worth a shot or am I really just that sad lol
My son also has me using his Pokewalker whenever I exercise or when I am at work. LOL

I ran around the basement for 30 minutes yesterday and got in something like 5,000 steps, which he loved. I think I currently have Spearrow on my hip.

Dave

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dave T

My son also has me using his Pokewalker whenever I exercise or when I am at work. LOL

I ran around the basement for 30 minutes yesterday and got in something like 5,000 steps, which he loved. I think I currently have Spearrow on my hip.

Dave
LOL i took a hoppip out with me and my hoppip brouht me a sentret

i did from 1:20pm till 6:15pm 5529 steps thats walking to work then walking at work, me and my sentret might go for a walk tomorrow

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I no longer have a gym membership
I am going to the track today to run...
I have a pokewalker too, my BF bought it and I told him he's nuts

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got back, I can't believe how out of shape I am (AGAIN LOL)! I went with my BF and he pushed me too hard
I was out of breath and thought I was going to die lol..
We did 90 minute run and 60 second slow jog, but his run is like 3X as fast as mine and his jog is my run...Not to mention the fact that I was able to do this at my pace 2 months ago, when I was working out regularly- and stopped because life just got wayy too stressful...So being out of shape+having to run at BF's pace made my workout a disaster...Next time we will have to split up and each of us run on our own.
I hope we can go to this track every day after work in the evening...it will be a good way to get back into working out regularly.
I am also doing some crunches, push ups and lunges at home..

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been surpassing most of my goals....

Did a substantial amount yesterday, walking/jogging really is a good outlet eh. I'm loving it.

The only problem with yesterday, I didn't realise the liner in my shoe was folded over and got one big blister behind my big toe
So I'm just going to be cautious today because I'll be using a different pair of shoes untill I can fix these ones.

I did miss a couple days this week, hence yesterdays longer workout.

Anyways, I'm off to hit the treadmill....

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I walked to work again yesterday, my sentret is over the moon with all his walks so its continuing to spur me on lol If not getting out of breath by the time i get to the pub now so i must be getting used to walking

Ive got work again tonight so thats quite of about of walking i will do there, and i think me and blaine are going for a walk along the coast today

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday I did so many squats and lunges that I walk funny now and my muscles are so sore. I need a way to do cardio though, okay maybe it's stupid and silly but I don't want to go in public wearing gym clothes
So even going to the track I feel self conscious I hate the way I look in gym clothes....
So yea that's been my dilemma...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Trying to walk......again. I did a mile on the treadmill, at 3 mph, so it was 20 minutes. So far, no knee pain. I'm going to hit the Bowflex tonight....please wish me luck that I can start to exercise again without knee or lower back pain. I really want to get back to where I was and not have to deal with the pain, especially in my knee.

(FWIW, the doctor can't really find much wrong with the knee.)