The Official Workout Support Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bump: Bumpin' up so that people may see this as they get ready to leave the office and think, "Hmmm, ya know what? Maybe I should work out today too." Then, my friends, my mission for today would be complete

BTW, this is the 100th post on this thread. Pretty cool huh?

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

:bump: Bumpin' up so that people may see this as they get ready to leave the office and think, "Hmmm, ya know what? Maybe I should work out today too." Then, my friends, my mission for today would be complete

BTW, this is the 100th post on this thread. Pretty cool huh?
I'm going to hang low today,my yoga teacher really worked us last night. She was saying how she "wasn't getting much love tonight" cause she really pushes us but I loved it. We did some very strenuous stretches, balancing postures etc.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome that you're getting such a great workout through yoga, Marge
From what I've read, it's usually good to rest a day in-between strenuous workougs anyway, so relax today and take a hot bath!!!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's awesome that you're getting such a great workout through yoga, Marge
From what I've read, it's usually good to rest a day in-between strenuous workougs anyway, so relax today and take a hot bath!!!
I really like this teacher she pushes us. I like that, yeah I think it's wise to hang low after a night like that.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am home from a WAY strenuous workout. I found myself saying "ARE WE DONE YET" to my trainer one to many times today. All he did was laugh at me. My legs feel like jelly. But I am proud for sticking out the entire hour and finishing on a high note. I know I will be taking it easy tomorrow.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just dropped hub off at work and I'll be going to the gym in about an hour so I can time myself in order to pick him up for lunch. I'm just having a bananna strawberry smootie (mmm) and popping some midol so the cramps will go away before gym time. Ugh. I feel miserable.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WAY TO GO, LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ALMOST skipped out on my workout yesterday, but I'm SOOOOOOOOOO... glad I went. My face felt like it was burning up all day. I just wanted to get home ASAP to put some Oil of Olay on it. Sweating actually made it feel better. Still trying to figure out whats up with my skin, but putting the Oil of Olay on it probably made it worse. I bought a new bottle the other day and it's "Complete" rather than what I've been using practically my whole life, "Active Hydrating." The ingredients are different so I'm thinking I must be allergic to something in it. I just bought the kind I always get, so hopefully it will get better soon. It's driving me NUTS!
If it's not that, I've been eating a lot of cantelope. Does anyone think I've become allergic to it? I hope not. It's low cal and my sweet fix!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Rockcat (btw, is there a first name I can call you?), that is odd about your face! It may be the new Oil of Olay (haven't used the Complete type yet myself) or the cantolope. Do you see an allergist that can find out if you're allergic. You may also be coming down with something. I know my face often gets hot and flushed if I'm sick.
GREAT job with the difficult workout Beryl. You earned a day to relax and take it easy!
That's a great reward for pushing yourself so hard yesterday!
Beth, did you get your work out done yet. POP THAT MIDOL! I'm in the same boat as you, Cramp City USA today! But I've heard working out can really ease cramps. Let's hope so- gonna do 3 laps around the Curves circuit today. WOO HOO! Only 2.5 hours to go and all will be great.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh Rockcat (btw, is there a first name I can call you?), that is odd about your face! It may be the new Oil of Olay (haven't used the Complete type yet myself) or the cantolope. Do you see an allergist that can find out if you're allergic. You may also be coming down with something. I know my face often gets hot and flushed if I'm sick.
GREAT job with the difficult workout Beryl. You earned a day to relax and take it easy!
That's a great reward for pushing yourself so hard yesterday!
Beth, did you get your work out done yet. POP THAT MIDOL! I'm in the same boat as you, Cramp City USA today! But I've heard working out can really ease cramps. Let's hope so- gonna do 3 laps around the Curves circuit today. WOO HOO! Only 2.5 hours to go and all will be great.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!
I'm not sure what I am going to do today, yesterday I took a very long brisk walk downtown (i had the day off) so was happy about that.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did 25 min on the eliptical trainer.
Then I had to go pick hubby up from work so he could get lunch.
Now I'm just munching on sunflower seeds watching a little tv before I tackle the laundry.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay yay yay yay everyone!

Marge, walking is such an excellent form of cardio.

And Beth- I want an elliptical trainer! Do you have one in your home, or do you use one at the gym. BTW, your imood (crampy) is too funny.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol yeah when I saw that imood I had to use it. I go to the gym to use the elliptical. It seems like when I have exercise equipment in house I don't use it lol. I wanted to do some strength training today but I had to run and get hubby. Only having one car stinks.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some strength training exercises you can do at home, such as squats, lunges, and bicep curls. I like to do all of those things while I'm watching the news. For bicep curls and other arm work, you can use cans for added weight

A lot of women in particular are concerned about their upper arms, and doing strength training at home with cans can help tone that area (as long as it's used in combination with cardio and dieting).
That's my exercise ramble/factiod of the day.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got back from teaching my second Hardbodies class this week. I was in a crazy peppy mood so my class probably thought I was a bit of a nut job...or maybe just a "stereotypical aerobics instructor." But anyway, I feel great and am having a "I really like my body" day! HOORAY for those!!!!!

Great job everyone! Keep up the excellent work.
You guys ROCK!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Katherine

It's my goal for EVERYONE utilizing this thread to have tons of those "I really like my body today" days!!! If UGA ever plays UCF down there, I want to come to one of your hardbody classes!!

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Katherine

It's my goal for EVERYONE utilizing this thread to have tons of those "I really like my body today" days!!! If UGA ever plays UCF down there, I want to come to one of your hardbody classes!!
Oh I hope they do!! I would love for you to come to my class! I get so excited when people I know are in there, so it would extra cool to have a TCSer there.
However if you're counting on them to play in football...heh...you've probably got a long wait. Basketball or baseball, probably fairly feasible...but football, no.

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been soooo long since I've had an "i like my body day" lol. I put on so much weight on birthcontrol.
25-30 lbs to my goal weight.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ali, which birth control are you on (if you don't mind my asking) that caused you to gain weight??? That is horrible!

I take LoEstrine (though I've also taken OrthoTriCyclen) and neither caused weight gain that I could tell....

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ali, which birth control are you on (if you don't mind my asking) that caused you to gain weight??? That is horrible!

I take LoEstrine (though I've also taken OrthoTriCyclen) and neither caused weight gain that I could tell....
I've been on OrthoTriCyclen, OrthoCyclen, and now Yasmin (I have really high natural estrogen levels so the first 2 were CONSTANTLY making me sick) and TriCyclen was the only one that made me gain weight. Really more than gain weight it made my stomach look more poochy, or "pregnant" I guess you could say. My freshman roommate was on Tri for a while as well and she gained a good 20 pounds. Is that the one you're on?

ali012281

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on depoprovera for 4 years. While not getting a period was excelent when I wasn't exercising daily I packed on the lbs. Now I'm on 'the patch' and its not bad at all. I just get a rash from the paste/glue. I was all upset coming off the shot cause it ment having a monthly cycle again and I forgot how uncomfortable it is lol!!! I drive my husband up the wall.