The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
what is everyone having for lunch today? i'm still undecided if i want chicken or tilapia. i'm really trying to avoid fried foods as thats all ive been eating for the last couple of weeks.

On a side note my cat is a little trooper she's still sick but she is still very active. noticed she scratched a bald spot on a part of her forehead.  idk if the meds are working yet cause she still has the mushy diarrhea she eats but not as much as she usually does.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Mouse can feel my excitement I think, he's looking really intensely at me and waiting for his biscuit to be thrown.  He wants to play so he is going to be very happy now the babbling stops.  Mind you, that just means I'll have to get back to other things on TCS 
   Or watching rubbish TV looking out for new silly adverts....    

We're over 1000!   Hurray!!!!   I think congratulations are in order JTbo. 
 AND what a fabulous babbling post to win with! 

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what is everyone having for lunch today? i'm still undecided if i want chicken or tilapia. i'm really trying to avoid fried foods as thats all ive been eating for the last couple of weeks.

On a side note my cat is a little trooper she's still sick but she is still very active. noticed she scratched a bald spot on a part of her forehead.  idk if the meds are working yet cause she still has the mushy diarrhea she eats but not as much as she usually does.
When I can't decide which to eat, then I just eat both, good thing is that way I can put some to fridge and enjoy weird combinations next day too :clap:

Oh, what, I am never the lucky one, there must be some mistake? :paranoid:

We did quite many posts in short moment there it seems, but we got to 1000, let's see if we can get to 1100 now :D

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
We did quite many posts in short moment there it seems, but we got to 1000, let's see if we can get to 1100 now
   Lets see how many we can sneek in before the thread gets locked.   Why does that feel like being naughty at school? 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

oh my friend i empathize, and sympathize, ive had back issues for years and the first thing they tell me is lose weight. well, i had the same issue when i was skinny...sigh..anyway, i have the same problem with low counters, tables etc. try putting a small step stool, a couple of bricks, anything about 6 inches high.  stack old newspapers or magazines and wrap them tight so they don't shift..basically making a block and keep it under your ironing board. put  your  foot on it while u iron, do dishes etc,  shift it to the other leg now and then,  add an inch or so or take it away, whatever is most comfortable.  it works pretty well for me, and if u use papers or magazines...worst case scenario and it doesn't work...u can use it for fuel lol. i re\ally hope it helps.
I did indeed make a table for woodworking, measuring it's height it is 103cm, that is what level I need to have table for it to be comfortable level, trying to find any table of that height from shops is just about impossible

At that level I can comfortably work as much as I like, but any lower and it is indeed those short intervals only.

Oh, we are getting really close to 1000 posts now
Woohoo! We did it! 

Congratulations on winning, @JTbo  
 I've set up your premium membership for six months and will contact you shortly about the $40 gift card and the TCS Tote bag!

Well done, everyone, we broke a new babbling record!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol3:    Lets see how many we can sneek in before the thread gets locked.   Why does that feel like being naughty at school? :evilgrin:
Maybe because it is fun and we were told as kids things that were naughty and quite many of those were fun too ? :lol3:

@Gold Eye, my dinner is my lunch, which is actually my breakfast and evening snack, once again I was so distracted with many thing that I did not manage to get food done until this late evening hour.

I think that for a variation I'm going to put some Basilica to meat I'm cooking, let's see, then garlic, onion, red pepper, salt, black peppers, ketchup, cooking at cast iron pan so that I don't need to eat that non stick coating that would peel off as I cook with quite high heat and so long that there is no longer boiling effect, so that mostly all liquid has begone and meat is quite near to burn, quite unhealthy of course, but also so good.

Oh and olive oil, that is fat I use when cooking.

Should have now all set, just need to set up a fire now ;)

Oh and thank you all from congrats, it truly feels great to have been part of this babbling, certainly one of great bits of life to meet so many nice persons all around the world, we live magnificent times :)

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@JTbo wow that sounds good and gourmet lol. Im stuck in a food rut where all i've eaten is things thats quick and easy to cook because it takes me forever to decide on what i want to eat and by the time i finally decide its so late that you dont feel like waiting on things to defrost or prepare so its either something i can quickly cook up or takeout. so thats my problem its not that i can't cook i just don't know what to cook  i need a cookbook for some ideas

the1who feedsus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

@JTbo wow that sounds good and gourmet lol. Im stuck in a food rut where all i've eaten is things thats quick and easy to cook because it takes me forever to decide on what i want to eat and by the time i finally decide its so late that you dont feel like waiting on things to defrost or prepare so its either something i can quickly cook up or takeout. so thats my problem its not that i can't cook i just don't know what to cook  i need a cookbook for some ideas
if you find any good recipes GoldEye, let me know, i'll add them to my recipe box im making ofr my kids for Christmas next year. i actually love the idea of friends old and new contributing to this gift. after all, that's what holidays, any holidays, are about. friends family, sharing...and FOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!! lol.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations JTbo!!! :clap:

~passing the crown on to the new babbling winner~ :D

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@JTbo
wow that sounds good and gourmet lol. Im stuck in a food rut where all i've eaten is things thats quick and easy to cook because it takes me forever to decide on what i want to eat and by the time i finally decide its so late that you dont feel like waiting on things to defrost or prepare so its either something i can quickly cook up or takeout. so thats my problem its not that i can't cook i just don't know what to cook  i need a cookbook for some ideas
I used to check these recipes, actually made my own Heinz copycat too, but I think these days you need a subscription to see all recipes:
http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.php

This internet cooking book I like as there are also metric units:
http://www.food.com/recipes/south-american

Oh there are other than south-american too, there.

Then this one is quite nice too:
http://allrecipes.com/recipes/world-cuisine/european/italian/

Instead of traveling, I get sometimes motivation to do food travels, there are all kinds of different places with own cuisine and these days everything is available online so it is easy to find those.

Hopefully those help with some ideas :)

My cooking is not taking much more than 30 minutes usually, it is just about of getting into making it :D

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
If I'm cooking for myself I think 10 minutes is the magic figure from start to finish, but if I'm cooking a proper meal for people coming around I could happily spend all day on stuff.  Once I made a lovely canelloni dish that had a tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes, and the pasta tubes were replaced with tubes made with aubergine (egg plant).  Fiddly but delicious.  I too am all for iron or steel pans as often cook to high temperatures (or burn 
 ) and don't like the idea of the chemicals in the non-stick ones.  My houseguest keeps leaving my favourite iron pan in the sink which drives me crazy and I have to go save it and oil it again....  as she washes all my other dishes I don't want to complain. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh and thank you all from congrats, it truly feels great to have been part of this babbling, certainly one of great bits of life to meet so many nice persons all around the world, we live magnificent times
I second that.  Congratulations from me too, JTbo.

What I will always remember about this babbling thread are the very cool photos, and links you made, the map about "Ragner" relay race for inspiration, MoochNNoodles hilarious directional and very artistic maps, MServant's Mouse tales and also the somewhat confusing post about purple ball game, but also meeting everyone else through their cat stories, weather, cooking and just daily "babble".

You are right, we do "live in magnificent times".  LOL.
 If I'm cooking for myself I think 10 minutes is the magic figure from start to finish, but if I'm cooking a proper meal for people coming around I could happily spend all day on stuff.  Once I made a lovely canelloni dish that had a tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes, and the pasta tubes were replaced with tubes made with aubergine (egg plant).  Fiddly but delicious.  I too am all for iron or steel pans as often cook to high temperatures (or burn 
 ) and don't like the idea of the chemicals in the non-stick ones.  My houseguest keeps leaving my favourite iron pan in the sink which drives me crazy and I have to go save it and oil it again....  as she washes all my other dishes I don't want to complain. 
So I leave this thread because of lunch, and when I get back there is more talk about food....lol...

Basically, I have just figured out that that is the FASTEST way, to get rid of me.....since I read the posts and then have to go and wander into the kitchen....LOL

So @MServant  , you have said now, that the other threads have to be more logical and serious, which is of course true, and the extra time spent with our cats is more beneficial, but some of those other threads are hilarious also. So even if we cannot babble,  and are not supposed to hijack threads,  ...I am sure there is still so much to learn and do.....No time for withdrawal.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I'm cooking for myself I think 10 minutes is the magic figure from start to finish, but if I'm cooking a proper meal for people coming around I could happily spend all day on stuff.  Once I made a lovely canelloni dish that had a tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes, and the pasta tubes were replaced with tubes made with aubergine (egg plant).  Fiddly but delicious.  I too am all for iron or steel pans as often cook to high temperatures (or burn :lol3:  ) and don't like the idea of the chemicals in the non-stick ones.  My houseguest keeps leaving my favourite iron pan in the sink which drives me crazy and I have to go save it and oil it again....  as she washes all my other dishes I don't want to complain. :bigwink:
It takes more than 10 minutes to heat my stove, it is actually wood furnace with steel plate on top for cooking, then it is about 15 minutes for meat to fry enough well, but good thing is that only some part of that time I need to do something about it.

I used to kill those modern frying pans in 1-2 months time and that was those really expensive ones, cheaper ones did die in just one heatup, base warped usually. This cast iron pan has served me years and it still is virtually as a new.

That wood furnace is actually from beginning of 1950's, still going strong, over 60 years old and has not needed any repairs and probably will not need for many years as it is as good as new still.

I really like all old stuff as they seem to last eternity compared to new stuff and cast iron frying pan does not need one hand to hold it down when stirring :D

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I did not know that you had to oil the cast iron when you put it away.  And Yes, they say that non-stick coatings are now dangerous.  But what about stainless steel?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
well the good thing about this site is we dont need the babble contest to keep talking...ive been trying to learn the ins and outs of it, really glad i joined in...
We're glad you joined in as well! :). There is plenty of places to chat both here in the Lounge as well as the new Cat Chatter forum and lots of areas to offer advice or ask for some. Just ask if you need some help getting around. :bigthumb:

Last edited: