The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

allenkm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember the dots! My favorite used to be fun dip. :yummy:

It got into the upper 40's here yesterday and sunny, so we had a lot of melting. It's supposed to be warm here today too, but rainy, so it will be messy.
I love dots and fun dip, do you remember candy cigarettes? I don't think they make them any more or maybe they are called something else now. We are in a wind storm here it is horrible

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember the cigarette candies.  My cousin's and I thought they were funny.  I'm not too suprised they are illegal in places.  I agree it's not the best idea to encourage kids to smoke; but to me it would be more about the idea of copying grown ups that be more attractive to kids.  I think they'd be more likely to start because Mom and Dad do it (or friends) than because they pretended with candy as a kid.  I remember when they stopped advertising them with billboards because of the influence on kids they said. 

I think the worst of today's weather is through our area.  I'm disappointed this week's nice weather didn't get us any outdoor time.  But I am glad we had a break from snow.  It's done a lot for my disposition even without getting to go outdoors much. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
.........oddly enough, the very pretty and nice girl behind the counter turned out to be my birthmother. neither of us knew it at the time though. when we met years later we discovered so many coincidences it was spooky lol...including the fact that we both adopted big black cats named boots, and changed their names. i changed my boots to shadow and she changed hers to boxer... just always got a giggle from that...like they were a sign that wed get together...shadow and boxer shadowboxer..ya get it?...lol..wow...loads of memories the candy thread brought up lol..thanks.
What an amazing story to share, thank you.  How wonderful to find so many connections to share with each other.

I'm struggling tonight, I got home, made my self an healthy tea then sat down to watch TV and settle in to the usual Mouse biscuit throwing session but the TV had completely lost reception.  I think it has something to do with the 4G adjustments going on as a note came through the door saying this might happen.  What they didn't say was the help line was day time only so sht about 2 1/2 hours before I even got home.  
  Might not get it sorted before next week at this rate, AND my noisy drum playing neighbours have announced they are having a big party tomorrow and posted on the main door to the block apologising for the noise in advance.   
   This is just NOT my weekend.  They say bad things come in threes so I am trying not to think what else could happen. 
    I'm working tomorrow and volunteering on Sunday and have a stressful meeting first thing on Monday morning so what I really want is to put the TV on in the background, come on TCS and then chill out when I am at home but that is not going to be an option I fear.   I may have to go curl up on/in my bed with TCS and Mouse instead. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
mservant mservant That certainly doesn't sound like a restful weekend. :vibes::vibes::vibes: that your TV is sorted out soon.

MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles At least it's not snowing, but you all must have "cabin fever"; hopefully some really mild and sunny weather is in the offing. The birds have been really noisy here all week, so spring must be close. The trees have buds, too.

Time to go to bed. Mogli is already there, and DH went to bed almost two hours ago.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It's just past 10 pm here and I didn't even realize it was that late, In thought it was about 9-30.  I got home from work late as a customer came in just as I was about to close the shop and I was about 20 minutes late starting with the cashing up and cleaning.  Didn't get home until 7-45 and that really throws me.  Thankfully I don't have to get in to work tomorrow until 10-30 am so a bit of a sleep in.  I like a slow start in the morning as Mouse is pretty cute; he likes to wait on the end of my bed untill I wake up, rolls over when he sees me awake, and then waits for me to sit up and rub his belly.  What a nice way to start the day. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's cute. You mean Mouse doesn't immediately demand something to eat? Mogli won't wake us up, but as soon as he senses we're awake he starts pestering for breakfast. Usually he rubs against us and squeaks.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, nice to hear about another precious kitty that lets his humans sleep in peace.    

Mouse is precious, his first need seems to be for cuddles and contact before food, whether it's when he wakes up in the morning or when I come in and he greets me (whether he has been on his own or someone else has been in with him). Of course food comes a close second! 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

....I like a slow start in the morning as Mouse is pretty cute; he likes to wait on the end of my bed untill I wake up, rolls over when he sees me awake, and then waits for me to sit up and rub his belly.  What a nice way to start the day. 
LOL....Now this is the proper etiquette for waking up humans (as per Mouse...NOT my cat Spotty)

...My senior cat Spotty usually will let me sleep in, but lately he is in some "army" like routine, in that if I am slow to get up, he jumps down off the bed, walks into the hallway and just starts wailing his Meows, as though he has to go fix his own breakfast or something.  I usually get up fast because I don't want him to wake everyone else up.
That's cute. You mean Mouse doesn't immediately demand something to eat? Mogli won't wake us up, but as soon as he senses we're awake he starts pestering for breakfast. Usually he rubs against us and squeaks.
Do you ever try to pretend that you are still sleeping, just to see what Mogli would do?  I sometimes open just one eye or turn over to the other side. But as soon as I hear the meow or squeak, then that means the game is up, and I better get up.  You are right, cats can "sense" when we are about to, or already are, awake. 

the1who feedsus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Chicken..(my daughters kitty that we took care of for a while) hated to be alone even for a second, hed sleep by my feet...wake up..walk up to see my face then walk back to the foot of the bed and go back to sleep.sometimes id hide under the blankets and hed howl...i think he thought id disappeared or something lol..Dave will wait till he hears one of us starting to wake up...then just sit patiently about 6 inches from your face,staring,like hes willing you to move to the kitchen and feed him.my babies make me smile with some silliness every morning. lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@jcat...there is snow in the forecast this coming week.  One person posted a thing from some weather place that called it "a quick dumping."  I couldn't make myself look at it in depth yet.  I've done a lot of wishing for a basement this year.

Anyone remember the old Disney animated Robin Hood?  The one with the animals?  Robin Hood and Maid Marian are Foxes.  I found it on Netflix (we just recently got that) and watched it with my kids for the first time since I was a kid most likely.  DD said she didn't like it because there are bad guys in it. Well she was sure glued to it for not liking it!
  I need to explore more of the old movies and things on there.  I found the first seasons of Mr Rogers Neighborhood on Amazon.  Literally the first episodes; all in black and white! 

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Anyone remember the old Disney animated Robin Hood?  The one with the animals?  Robin Hood and Maid Marian are Foxes.  I found it on Netflix (we just recently got that) and watched it with my kids for the first time since I was a kid most likely.  DD said she didn't like it because there are bad guys in it. Well she was sure glued to it for not liking it!
  I need to explore more of the old movies and things on there.  I found the first seasons of Mr Rogers Neighborhood on Amazon.  Literally the first episodes; all in black and white! 
I remember this movie!  Wasn't there a snake in it too?  I just remember that snake scared me to death.  Does anyone remember Disney's version of King Arthur?  I remember the wizard's duel was the funniest thing I'd ever seen (the things that impress a kid!)  I don't know, these two movies kind of melded together in my brain, and for the longest time I thought they were the same movie :eek:

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@jcat...there is snow in the forecast this coming week.  One person posted a thing from some weather place that called it "a quick dumping."  I couldn't make myself look at it in depth yet.  I've done a lot of wishing for a basement this year.

I remember this movie!  Wasn't there a snake in it too?  I just remember that snake scared me to death.  Does anyone remember Disney's version of King Arthur?  I remember the wizard's duel was the funniest thing I'd ever seen (the things that impress a kid!)  I don't know, these two movies kind of melded together in my brain, and for the longest time I thought they were the same movie :eek:
Sir Hiss! He was Prince John's advisor who could hypnotize people ("Trust in me...").

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes! The Sword in the Stone! I think they have that one on Netflix. I need to double check. I spent a while trying to compare netflix, hulu plus and Amazon. They started blending together after a while!

Sir Hiss! He was Prince John's advisor who could hypnotize people ("Trust in me...").
That looks interesting! I have a growing list of things to watch after my kids are in bed! LOL

I am so glad it is Friday night! I just can't tell you! I would love a nice warm low key weekend! Really really! Mooch is glaring at me. I think she wants me to fetch her toy and throw it for her. Then we can go snuggle on the couch! I may have a glass of wine first. I seem to sleep so nice after one!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
cat nap cat nap Pretending to still be asleep just doesn't work. Mogli starts jumping on the pillow and licking you even if you haven't opened your eyes.

It's fun rediscovering kids' movies and books and seeing how the next generation reacts to them. I'll bet there are a few old Disney classics that have been watched by billions of people.

I've always found it funny how some kids can watch certain films over and over again till they know them by heart.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got more snow, but it probably melts quite a bit in a week as temperatures rise again, at last there was enough snow to make kitty labyrinth and some snow caves for my outdoor cats, they love those as they can play catch with each other on yard. When they get low on ground they can't be seen by other cats in the labyrinth and thus it makes great stalking place, one stalks, another get spooked and jumps more than a feet up into air, then there is short running and maybe bit of wrestling, soon they switch parts and do it all over again.

Got up 5 am as it was still bit cooler back then and snow easier to work with, it starts to be near 0 now 9am and snow starts to get heavy.

Neighbor came with tractor and opened the road, kitties decided tractor is scary and did run in very low position to hideout that is accessible from hole in wood storage door, then there is small gap between wall and ground floor which they can use to go into other warehouse room, there is ladders that lead upstairs of warehouse and garage, up there is warm place next to chimney of sauna and dressing room for them to rest and stay hidden from all such horrors like tractors and who knows what other they might consider scary.

Early Saturday mornings are great time to be out with cats, they seem not to mind of thick snowfall, even it is such that at least my clothing is soaked wet very quickly, they dry up and rest for a while next to chimney and then run outside again tails straight up :D

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
....up there is warm place next to chimney of sauna and dressing room for them to rest and stay hidden from all such horrors like tractors and who knows what other they might consider scary.....
This sounds like a great place for the cats where they can escape to and just enjoy.  All us creatures need places like these...like a small ``oasis``.  I have never been in a sauna, and would imagine that it is very relaxing for tired muscles and also soothing for the skin, but.... Is it not alot of work in that you have to have extremely hot rocks and some sort of fire going to heat those rocks?  It does sound warm and relaxing.

In this case, I would suggest cranking up your own music to drown the neighbour's out.
....lol......

But seriously, I had to buy those small orange foam earplugs, that construction people use for loud machinery, to drown out sounds, so I could fall asleep for a time.  They sell them here at dollar stores and pharmacies.  Now I just use my mp3 player or cell phone to listen to youtube lectures, it puts me right to sleep.

As do audio books, however, I end up incorporating what I am listening to in my dreams, so this is not always ideal.

As for drumming and heavy bass sounds, that would "drum me up the wall",
and I would then suggest that there should be universal laws, just like NOT using "heavy machinery" after 7pm....but to do this we would have to INVENT an accurate decibal meter which could record sounds and then send "friendly reminders" that the "noise" or "musical talents" or "loud jet-engine air conditioning units" could be turned down.  Ahh, this would be an ideal world....okay, i will wake up now.

.... the very pretty and nice girl behind the counter turned out to be my birthmother. neither of us knew it at the time though. when we met years later we discovered so many coincidences it was spooky lol...including the fact that we both adopted big black cats named boots, and changed their names. i changed my boots to shadow and she changed hers to boxer... just always got a giggle from that...like they were a sign that wed get together...shadow and boxer shadowboxer..ya get it?...lol..wow...loads of memories the candy thread brought up lol..thanks.
Wow. This definetly was a great story and also thanks for sharing.  To think you both got black cats and changed their names and the names go together...It makes me smile.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Amazon is raising its price for Prime here by €20 ($27.40), so it'll be €49 ($67), which is steep for a small country. In four days' time we'll be getting Prime Instant Video, but is it worth the higher price?

jesterkin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Little Girl is outside in the ice covered snow, Baby D is on the couch and the other two Le and Jes are in bed.  What a wonderful life! 

smartyfoj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Amazon is raising its price for Prime here by €20 ($27.40), so it'll be €49 ($67), which is steep for a small country. In four days' time we'll be getting Prime Instant Video, but is it worth the higher price?
I'm in the US and personally I love the two day shipping with no minimum purchase but if they raise the price in the US it's already about $80 dollars so it would be difficult to decide. I wish they would split up the prime instant video from the prime shipping.  I already have netflix and prefer their selection to Amazon's selection so it's about what is most useful to you.