The Official TCS Babbling Games - Contest Now Open!

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Only time I was ever good at being tidy and keeping my hime clean was right before my finals!  Housework was suddenly very important and got done ALL the time.  I was an expert at diversion.  I did see your post about moving and then what your sister had said:  you know what you can manage, and mostly we find ways to work some how if we need to.  Remember that your sister will have been saying what she did both out of her care and concern for you and also perhaps a tinge of not wanting you to more a little further away from her....  Worry wastes energy and doesn't solve anything  (I am an expert at it, I should know).  
Yea i dont really go out myself except school and back i only get fast food sometimes but i think i ate it more than i should have this month. im thinking my first 2 months in my new place is gonna be the hardest according to the math but i should be more relaxed afterwards. and since i am gonna be closer to school it should reduce my gas costs a bit. also gotta learn proper food storage i think i freeze too much at a time so when i defrost it i have to cook it or lose it. Also if the little rascal stays healthy, her monthly food and litter bill will definitely be manageable.

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My food costs me around 140$ each month and that is cheapest I can go, also not very healthy and it is all the same food every day, it is just something I can get down and that keeps me alive.

To eat properly (healthy with veggies and all that) it would cost over 400$ in a month and that is still if one makes everything by himself/herself and no snacks. In big cities it would be lot cheaper of course.

That is of course how it is here in Finland and rural section of country, I have no idea how that compares to your price level as every country has different costs.

Can you go to school by other means that by a car? Bicycle, scooter, bus? Those can be cheaper even if one probably needs put some money up front.

I get around 850$ each month, from which I have to pay everything, house and electricity take 660$ from that, cat food and my food almost everything else, then there is internet, banking, garbage man etc. Which means that I'm more or less at 0 or even bit below each month, but I manage somehow, if kitties will not get sick. After few years things should get easier as I have paid off my loans then, but this few years is quite a challenge.

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man I almost started to bawl I didn't see this thread at first glance and thought it was closed.

But my question for the day is how much do you guys spend on groceries per month?
I don't know how much I personally spend, but I did ask that very question once. Internet research says the average U.S. household spends $100/per person a month on groceries. I asked a few co-workers and they said they felt it was an accurate statement.

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm really mad now because this cat is now doing whatever she does out of the litter box all the time now and I don't know where she's doing it this time but I heard her and she ran when I came. If she keeps this up she's gonna be homeless. Last thing I need now is a cat that pees and poops everywhere but when I am trying to move to a place where I need a security deposit. I dont know what her problem is either everything has been consistent since I got her and she seemed fine then.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ok I'm really mad now because this cat is now doing whatever she does out of the litter box all the time now and I don't know where she's doing it this time but I heard her and she ran when I came. If she keeps this up she's gonna be homeless. Last thing I need now is a cat that pees and poops everywhere but when I am trying to move to a place where I need a security deposit. I dont know what her problem is either everything has been consistent since I got her and she seemed fine then.
Uhh ohh, calls for a serious thread and some support pre-finals pre-house move!    I'm sure you don't need reminding how much you have going on in your life right now, but remember that when we are stressed our cats can get stressed too.  

goldeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
^ It just really upsets me because I have some natures miracle to clean up pet mistakes quickly but I dont know where she sneaks off to now and i know she's not going to the box cause its empty. she knows I'm upset now and ran and hid.

Last edited by a moderator:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Why would you get rid of a cat just because she has accidents outside her litterbox?  This site has tons of useful info to help you to re-train her to use her litter box, and you are already giving her medications to help her.  So please go post in the BEHAVIOR forum.

Don't get discouraged or mad.

There are so many people here with cats with problems.  

Yours maybe is just nervous or feeling ill.  @GoldEye.....just please post in the Behavior Forum.  okay?

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why would you get rid of a cat just because she has accidents outside her litterbox?  This site has tons of useful info to help you to re-train her to use her litter box, and you are already giving her medications to help her.  So please go post in the BEHAVIOR forum.
Don't get discouraged or mad.
There are so many people here with cats with problems.  
Yours maybe is just nervous or feeling ill.  @GoldEye.....just please post in the Behavior Forum.  okay?
Exactly what cat nap says.

Here is some tips that might work for you GoldEye, as my imagination is that there has been quite bit of stress and perhaps even some changes in routines lately, which may have upset your kitty, they are sometimes bit foolish that way.

What I would recommend is to take hour or two to just play with your kitty, I know that you are quite busy at the moment, but I also think that all that stress and trouble is actually taking your thoughts so much off from your studying that you would benefit from a brake that would relax your brain, that is at least how it works with me. One of mine got very sick once when I needed to work lot more on computer than usually, he was balancing bit of an edge earlier too as being indoors and no chance to go outdoors, but limited amount of attention was something I guess tipped him over the edge, they are such way connected to person and their life routines that for example need to spend much more time studying might cause your kitty to get really physically sick.

Playing with kitty gets one so much better and relaxed mood that time spend is earned back multiple times because being so much more productive afterwards.

Additional benefit would be that kitty would be also more relaxed and perhaps more accepting of new, which may resolve this unpleasant out of the box issue.

Another benefit is that if your kitty is sick, when playing you can find that out because kitty will not be same as usual, they can fake a lot, but they can't fake enthusiasm to play that they normally have.

Also being angry is natural, even one should be more worried than angry, but it is human to get angry, I have learned to go chop wood when I feel angry as if I'm showing my anger any bit to kitties they indeed hide, even if I just have that expression on my face, they sense it and it just increases probability of accident because they get stressed, so my advice is that go outside, walk around a block or something, that teaches your kitty how accident means that food providing giant is going to disappear, but it does not stress them as badly at least. It is bit like politics with them, what you think can't always be what you show and in many ways you can guide them indirectly.

Speaking of politics, how I wish that I would be living far from here right now...

But I hope everything gets sorted out with your kitty Gold Eye and good luck for move and stuff, we have a saying, if it does not kill you, it will make you stronger :)