The Official Secret Santa Gift Thread 2010

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

The devious Carolina, with the help of the duplicitous Allison Joy, fooled me almost completely.

Allison, as a snooper, sent me a PM asking if I would be home this week, as my SS would be in Dallas and wanted to drop off my gifts. I gave her my schedule. We worked it out finally that I would be home, or at least make sure Dottie was home, this evening.

I got to thinking that if a TCS member was in the area, maybe they'd like to have any other TCS members who could come down, so I invited Carolina to come and meet with us. She said she'd love to come by and she'd bring some munchies.

So, come about 5:15 this evening, Carolina showed up...and informed me that no one else would be coming. Do you see where this is going?

Yes, she was my SS! And boy, did we (Dottie, the cats, and I) make a haul!

Carolina brought a pretty comprehensive middle eastern meal, which we enjoyed, even though we had eaten a late lunch. Then she put out the gifts.

Two Target cloth bags full of gifts! Carolina is extremely generous, take my word for it.

First we opened the extremely cute, round "Cat Christmas tree choir" card.

And the haul was impressive.

Working from left to right:

Cat treats.
A voucher for a pit pass to an Indy race next summer that Carolina's cousin will be competing in.
Two dark chocolate bars.
A cat-dancer type toy with a little mousie on it (the cats loved it).
A crate of four catnip toys (for which the kitties are oh-so-grateful).
A harness and leash.
A container of bonito chips (for which Flambe was very grateful).
Two packages of Tim Tams.
Two "hidden treat" balls.
A black pearl bracelet and bag for Dottie.
A hat and T shirt autographed by Carolina's racing cousin.
A box of flavored teas.
A kitty-friendly knitted throw.
Four hand-made Christmas ornaments matching our four kitties.
A book, "I Am A Cat." It was a new one on me, although it is apparently quite an old book.
In the center, a cat hammock that was frolicked by Flambe, then claimed by Sterling.

There was so much stuff, I might have missed something!

Thank you so much, Carolina.

Oh, and your right taillight isn't working on your pickup.
Aw Mike, I am SO glad you, Dottie and the kitties liked the gifts!
We tried to fool you as much as possible, but now I see that I should have told you that I was out of town
. The whole thing was SO much fun! I loved having you all as my santees!
Thank you so much for the hospitality tonight, for letting me hang out with your wonderful kitties, and for inviting me over when you didn't know I was your SS, it was very sweet of you
! You, Dottie and the kitties made my Christmas so much better this year!

oh, and thank you for letting me know about the tail light - I will fix that ASAP! (I checked my bag, Flambe is not inside, although I would love to bring him with me if I didn't have 4 cats already! Oh my! I am in LOVE with that kitty! He has just the most FUN purrsonality!!!)
One last thing: The VIP/PIT Pass for the Texas Indy Race, is for 2 tickes, please bring Dottie!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Flambe is here, roaming around, wondering where his new friend went!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

The devious Carolina, with the help of the duplicitous Allison Joy, fooled me almost completely.

Allison, as a snooper, sent me a PM asking if I would be home this week, as my SS would be in Dallas and wanted to drop off my gifts. I gave her my schedule. We worked it out finally that I would be home, or at least make sure Dottie was home, this evening.

I got to thinking that if a TCS member was in the area, maybe they'd like to have any other TCS members who could come down, so I invited Carolina to come and meet with us. She said she'd love to come by and she'd bring some munchies.

So, come about 5:15 this evening, Carolina showed up...and informed me that no one else would be coming. Do you see where this is going?

Yes, she was my SS! And boy, did we (Dottie, the cats, and I) make a haul!

Carolina brought a pretty comprehensive middle eastern meal, which we enjoyed, even though we had eaten a late lunch. Then she put out the gifts.

Two Target cloth bags full of gifts! Carolina is extremely generous, take my word for it.

First we opened the extremely cute, round "Cat Christmas tree choir" card.

And the haul was impressive.

Working from left to right:

Cat treats.
A voucher for a pit pass to an Indy race next summer that Carolina's cousin will be competing in.
Two dark chocolate bars.
A cat-dancer type toy with a little mousie on it (the cats loved it).
A crate of four catnip toys (for which the kitties are oh-so-grateful).
A harness and leash.
A container of bonito chips (for which Flambe was very grateful).
Two packages of Tim Tams.
Two "hidden treat" balls.
A black pearl bracelet and bag for Dottie.
A hat and T shirt autographed by Carolina's racing cousin.
A box of flavored teas.
A kitty-friendly knitted throw.
Four hand-made Christmas ornaments matching our four kitties.
A book, "I Am A Cat." It was a new one on me, although it is apparently quite an old book.
In the center, a cat hammock that was frolicked by Flambe, then claimed by Sterling.

There was so much stuff, I might have missed something!

Thank you so much, Carolina.

Oh, and your right taillight isn't working on your pickup.
Wow!!! What a great haul!!!! That is so cool and really neat about the PIT passes and the hat and T!!! Super cool!

Originally Posted by gemlady

Still waiting for my recipient to post...
Ohhh,
I'm so sorry, I know how much you LOVE to hear about how your SS's like their gifts! (AND I KNOW THEY DO!!!
) I hope they post soon for your sake Jan, you can go completely insane in such a quick moment!

Originally Posted by Carolina

Aw Mike, I am SO glad you, Dottie and the kitties liked the gifts!
We tried to fool you as much as possible, but now I see that I should have told you that I was out of town
. The whole thing was SO much fun! I loved having you all as my santees!
Thank you so much for the hospitality tonight, for letting me hang out with your wonderful kitties, and for inviting me over when you didn't know I was your SS, it was very sweet of you
! You, Dottie and the kitties made my Christmas so much better this year!

oh, and thank you for letting me know about the tail light - I will fix that ASAP! (I checked my bag, Flambe is not inside, although I would love to bring him with me if I didn't have 4 cats already! Oh my! I am in LOVE with that kitty! He has just the most FUN purrsonality!!!)
One last thing: The VIP/PIT Pass for the Texas Indy Race, is for 2 tickes, please bring Dottie!!
Good luck next time sneaking the cutie home with you!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!!! I just opened all of my gifts from Kim with a live play by play with Kim on FB!!! That was super cool!!! We got so so spoiled and I LOVE it all so much!!! Kitters does as well, especially the rabbit fur ball and the paper!
It's late here now, but I wanted to let everyone know I opened it, and I will upload and post pics in the morning!
Well, later morning.
Thank you so much again for everything Kim, you are so great!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I have a confession to make
I was traveling for Christmas and couldn't bring the package with me that I was supposed to wait to open so I opened it a few days early
sorry

Everything was beautifully wrapped!

The gifts for the kitties were in a wonderful fish-shaped stocking - it was beautiful! (it is up on top of the large box so nobody could eat it)

There was lots of wonderful chocolate to eat while I look through my new magazines and garden books.

Marcie and Archimedes were immediately interested (Darcy was watching from a safe distance)

Thank you so much to my SS RussianBlue!!!! Everything is perfect!!!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Ohhh,
I'm so sorry, I know how much you LOVE to hear about how your SS's like their gifts! (AND I KNOW THEY DO!!!
) I hope they post soon for your sake Jan, you can go completely insane in such a quick moment!

Originally Posted by yayi

I understand how you feel.
We can go
together. Preferably at your place. It's a lot warmer.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Me too!!

If my Santa is reading, I am out of town so won't be able to post until the 27th
I want Trout to be there with me!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I opened my gifts and I just love all my gifts the ear rings I got they are beautiful ill post pics tomorrow but many many thanks to nurseangel

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Ditto here. 'Course, I DO expect everyone to RUN to their computers and start typing the moment they open their gifts, don't you? I mean, priorities, right

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Sabrina! I wish I had a way to post pictures of what she gave me, but Unfortunately I don't.
I got
A beautiful green blanket
A Christmas Card
A toy stuffed frog
three little bottles of hand sanitizer
A bottle of lotion
A bottle of shower gel.
Some homemade cookies.,
A big bar of GODIVA MILK CHOCOLATE
A book of Casserole Recipes.
A stocking filled with toys for the cats.
Some candles.
And a package of MEXICOCOA DRINKING CHOCOLATE.
Some FLOWERING TEA
Two Christmas decorations, one says MERRY CHRISTMAS, the other says PEACE
Two cats Christmas Tree ornaments.
And a package of ARNOTT'S ORIGINAL CHOCOLATE COATED BISCUITS WITH A CHOCOLATE CREAM CENTER.
A santa pillow
And treats for the cats.
Thanks again Sabrina, I loved all the gifts.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The kitties and I have had so much fun opening the presents today.

My feline family is expanding rapidly.

Another mini jigsaw puzzle

A notebook with an adorable kitten on the front

More magnets. One of them matches the notebook.

A paw print picture frame. Now all I have to do is decide whose picture goes in it.

It'd better be mine or you're in trouble

A kitty ornament (sorry, it's a little blurry)

A Chocolate lover's recipe book

A set of books by Rosamunde Pilcher. I haven't started reading them yet, but they're next on the list.

You sure there aren't any more presents down there?

Hey, pay attention. Meowmy says they're coming in the next post

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry for the delay. I had to go play with the kitties for a while.

More kitty toys.

What? You really expect me to play with those?

Too bad I don't have a video camera. Goldy had just whacked the balls halfway across the room toward Iris, then zoomed past her so fast it left Iris' head spinning.

A new laser pointer, which is about the only toy that everybody will play with

And last but not least. . . . *drum roll* please

. . . to be continued in the next post.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still do not know who my SS is!

Sorry no pics as I forgot to charge my camera.

But I got a Petmat for the cats to lay on and they all have been taking turns-Bobs really like it!
A box of chocolate toffee-sampled some (yummy) and hid the rest until all guests leave,
Some really cool yarn-again will wait for guests to leave to start knitting!
A frog and fox ornament. My husband doesn't like frogs and got a frog ornament so know we have three on the tree!
A pincushion wrist band that plays a tune. That will come in handy as I really have a couple of projects to sew.

Well thank you again SS all I know is the boxcame from North Carolina. Please reveal yourself!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I still do not know who my SS is!

Sorry no pics as I forgot to charge my camera.

But I got a Petmat for the cats to lay on and they all have been taking turns-Bobs really like it!
A box of chocolate toffee-sampled some (yummy) and hid the rest until all guests leave,
Some really cool yarn-again will wait for guests to leave to start knitting!
A frog and fox ornament. My husband doesn't like frogs and got a frog ornament so know we have three on the tree!
A pincushion wrist band that plays a tune. That will come in handy as I really have a couple of projects to sew.

Well thank you again SS all I know is the boxcame from North Carolina. Please reveal yourself!
Oh heck, It's Christmas Day, so why not reveal myself?
. Your very welcome Gail C. I'm glad you enjoyed the presents.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As promised, here are the pictures from my last night x-mas opening with Kim via FB!

Here is the first pressie we opened:

A rabbit fur ball that Kitters just loved!

And here is her playing with the ball and a pink sheepy dude!

Checking out the tarts that we got... OHHHH so so yummy smelling!

Here is everything:
Kitters got, the rabbit fur ball, a pink sheep guy, a 4 pack of mylar krinkle balls, a plastic ball toy that you put cat nip in, and feline greenies!
I got, a cute mouse pad and coaster set with kitties on it, 2 sets of pens (one set glittery one set gel pens), 3 different kinds of stickers (I LOVE STICKERS) a hello kitty notepad, a christmas kitty notepad with matching stickers, green and red fuzzy socks, yummy looking tea made down the road from Kim, christmas cookie cutters, a cute colorado keychain and magnent, a super cute tart warmer with three yummy yummy yummy smelling tarts, and two big bags of Ghiradelli chocolates and some baileys chocolates! MMMMM I don't think I forgot anything

Close ups of the super cute keychain and magnent from Colorado

And not to forget the wreath she had already sent:

And the cute little kitty and gnomey santa guy that are in my shadow box

And our halloween card

THANK YOU THANK YOU soo much Kim!!!!! We loved it all!!! You certainly did spoil us!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

I opened my gifts and I just love all my gifts the ear rings I got they are beautiful ill post pics tomorrow but many many thanks to nurseangel
You're welcome! I am glad you like them.

And to everyone else, great gifts! Gnomes! How wonderful is that?
And Mike and Dottie getting a surprise visit from Santa herself!