The Official Secret Santa Gift Thread 2010

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!!! What great gifts arriving now! I love the mini-me socks the most I think! And I spotted some really yummy ghiradeli peppermint chocolates in your gift emrldsky!!! I had those the year before last and they were soo good! Great gifts guys!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recipient-Santa
Ms. Freya-????
nurseangel-Kailie
CrusierMaiden - capt_Jordi
ruthyb - ????
-aj- ????
capt_jordi - Tara & Rob
gemlady - GailC
sillyitiliangrl - CruiserMaiden
calico2222- mrblanche
jennyranson-ruthyb

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I know who it is, Jade!! I really should let you stew, stew, stew
I haven't forgotten your conspiracy last year
I literally laughed out loud, lol. :p

Anyway, my SS was kind enough to send me a PM to let me know that it wasn't her intention to be sneaky.
She just forgot the card, lol.

Thank you AlleyGirl!! Again, everything was so thoughtful and wonderful.

Recipient-Santa
Ms. Freya-????
nurseangel-Kailie
ruthyb - ????
-aj- ????
capt_jordi - Tara & Rob
gemlady - GailC
calico2222- mrblanche
jennyranson-ruthyb
emrldsky - AlleyGirl

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone's pictures look lovely!!
We have some awesome secret santas this year!!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

My goodness! Look at all of those great gifts! I love the pictures of kitties having fun with the parcels.

I didn't participate this year because I didn't know if I would be able to get out and shop.

However, I still received a SS parcel! Well, a not so secret, Secret Santa. I was her SS in the past. Anyway, it seems the post office tried several times to deliver it and I wasn't home, and she panicked thinking it was going to be returned to her, so she spilled the beans to me today! And I went and picked it up today.

It was totally unexpected, but such a wonderful surprise! I won't say who it is, but thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I'll post pictures on Christmas
I can't wait to see pictures on Christmas!!!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Recipient-Santa
Ms. Freya-mbjerkness
nurseangel-Kailie
ruthyb - ????
-aj- ????
capt_jordi - Tara & Rob
gemlady - GailC
calico2222- mrblanche
jennyranson-ruthyb
emrldsky - AlleyGirl
Duchess15-butzie
Cheylink-3catsn1dog
Carolina-laureen227
Cruisermaiden-captjordi
Gemlady-gailc
Kailie-msfreya

*I think I have the rest of the names added and correct. This is off my 'spreadsheet' to eliminate already named ss to who could potentially be my ss....lol*

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I def know who my ss is but I don't want to say until I open my packages incase there are any other clues
Only 10 days to go (thats my birthday) x

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I think I def know who my ss is but I don't want to say until I open my packages incase there are any other clues
Only 10 days to go (thats my birthday) x
Are you opening it on your birthday? I might do the same if I get my package soon, mine is this Saturday!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Recipient-Santa
Ms. Freya-mbjerkness
nurseangel-Kailie
ruthyb - ????
-aj- ????
capt_jordi - Tara & Rob
gemlady - GailC
calico2222- mrblanche
jennyranson-ruthyb
emrldsky - AlleyGirl
Duchess15-butzie
Cheylink-3catsn1dog
Carolina-laureen227
Cruisermaiden-captjordi
Gemlady-gailc
Kailie-msfreya

*I think I have the rest of the names added and correct. This is off my 'spreadsheet' to eliminate already named ss to who could potentially be my ss....lol*
I am still waiting for confirmation from my recipient

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Hi Cheyenne and Maia!! I'm your Secret Santa....lol me and the monster motley crew plus one weenie dog! Haha
You are teasing me, right
?! Now I am waiting for my gift to arrive......

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm still stalking the mailbox, checking it even when I know it's too early for the mail to be here. I was really hoping for the opportunity be a darksider this year (or at least think about being a darksider) since last year's SS package didn't arrive until February.

So SS,
don't make me wait until the last minute this year.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I picked up my box on Saturday. It's from New York City. Here's Mr. Fluffy (Thufir) checking it out:

Right now, the box is sitting under my Christmas tree. I'm a darksider, but I need to make sure I have batteries in my camera so I can take pictures when I open things up. My friend Susan also wants to be here when I open the presents so she can watch the cats' reactions. I'll post up lots of pics when I open the presents.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just a reminder, it is now less than 2 weeks until Christmas! If you have not already gotten you package into the mail, it really needs to go ASAP. There has been some horrible winter weather in the Midwest and other areas so mail service is slower than usual and add to that the Christmas rush, time is running out for your gifts to arrive in time. Thank you!!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I GOT MY SECRET SANTA GIFT!
WOOHOO!
YIPPEE!
YES!

My roommate woke me up this morning and told me to look on my dresser...and there it was... A huge, no, massive! box from my SS. And, while I have figured out who my SS is, I will hold off on announcing their identity until the end of this post.

But, let me say this. My gift was perfectly timed and was one of the most special packages I have ever received in my life. I am so very grateful. I would've been thankful for just a card, but to know how much thought my SS put into my gift, well, it touched my heart and I actually was in tears while opening up my presents. But, don't worry, along with the tears was a TREMENDOUS smile on my face. And, there aren't enough words in the English language to express how happy, cared for, and special I felt. Saying thank you doesn't feel like it could ever be enough...

I did take photos. Unfortunately, with my arm now messed up, I didn't get as many pics as I'd have liked. The pictures are also not of the best quality as I had to use my cell phone's camera instead of my digital. And, since I couldn't wrangle 4 cats and 2 dogs while opening gifts and taking pictures, the furry ones are not in any of the photos. But, rest assured, they were in heaven with all of their presents and I'll be sure to snap pictures of them enjowing everything in the coming days. I know that, they too, were hugely excited and felt special. Oh, and they loved all the wrappings (including their new hang-out -- the box
).

So, without further ado, here are the pictures:

This is the ginormous box my gifts were in. Please note the adorable stickers all over the box. It was so cute!

This is what I saw as soon as I opened the box. It was FILLED with pressies for me and the cats and dogs!

Look how cute these little stockings are! They have the kitties' names written on them. I love them!

This is a photo of all of the things my SS got me (that are not food related). I was so spoiled and I love everything I received!

These are all of the pets' goodies! Trust me when I say that the kitties were thrilled with their new treats and toys. And, the pups too!

And, lastly, next up are all the yummy treats my SS bought me. OMG! I am just itching to get into all that chocolate! Everything looks delish!

I couldn't be happier or more excited. I know we had the hints thread and all, but it's as if the person buying for me had known me forever. Everything was dead-on and perfect for me! And, since I don't know what this holiday season will be like (I have family issues happening as well as some other things going on), this was an amazing gift that means more to me than you'll ever know. I can't stress how grateful and tremendously thankful I am to my SS and to TCS as a whole. Oh my, I should grab a tissue...here come the happy tears again...

Here's a listing of what I received from my fab SS: A cute 2011 kitty wall calendar (I was just thinking I needed one) and pocket calendar, an adorable pet photo frame (with just enough places for pics for all of my kitties!), a super soft and comfy throw blanket in my fave colors, an adorable kitty mug, the funniest tissues ever, a set of flameless candles that smell yummy, another yummy smelling candle, 3 awesome nail polishes (I love the bright colors -- they're great), 2 word search books, what looks to be a funny (and informative) kitty book, 2 journals (I love writing!), yummy lip balm, a tote bag with markers and sticky notes, a bath mitt and loofah, what I call "liquid gold" (really excellent hair products that make your hair shiny and soft and touchable!), a bunch of really cute and useful hair ties and clips (which I can't wait to wear), two pairs of the softest, comfiest socks ever, and body wash for sensitive skin. I got 2 Ghirardelli chocolate bars, two other chocolate bars (which I can't wait to try!), Ferrero Rocher candies, a bag of Ghirardelli chocolates and Ghirardelli peppermint and chocolate coffee, Mrs. Fields chocolates, 3 packages of delicious sounding cookies, Lindt chocolates, Starbucks coffee, 4 different types of tea (which all sound and smell amazing), honey sticks (which I LOVE, but can never find locally anymore!), and a bag of cinnamon sugar kettle corn. The kitties got their stockings, 4 Fancy Feast trays, 4 Kong Kickaroos (which they're already going nuts over!), 2 packages of Temptation treats, a treat dispensing ball (which I know they'll love), a package of Christmas toys, 2 adorable Christmas toys (that Cassidy has claimed and won't let anyone near!), a pack of calming bath wipes, and 2 feather wands (which Finn's in love with). The pups got a huge Christmas package of toys (that they're playing with as we speak!) and Busy Bone treats (they adore these and have been sniffing near where we keep their treats all day).

So, as you can see, I was a very lucky santee indeed. And, while I could go on for forever and ever, I won't. Hopefully, my SS knows how much this means to me and how grateful I am to her. Yes, I said "to her." So, before ending this post, let me say a huge THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to my wonderful, fabulous, stupendous, terrific, gracious, kind, excellent, sweet SS...

...NIKKI! (StarryEyedTiGeR)
(And, also Isabella, Kojak, Velvet, Ranger, Macy, and Paisley!)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Holy cow! Another jackpot winner
I guess that's...well, I guess that's everyone who's received and opened their gifts so far

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just checking in to say I also received a wonderful surprise - I found two boxes waiting for me when I came home this evening!
But, I'm going to wait until Christmas to open.

On top of everything, I've been extremely busy this last month with work and checking out contractors to build our cottage. Plus, I'm going on a business trip next week. I've had no time for internet and therefore totally non-existant on the boards. Sorry!

BUT, I'll make sure to take lots of pics and will post an update when I open the packages on Christmas morning.

Thank you, SS!