The off topic SS discussion thread

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

You're so evil by continuing with these baking stories. I think you should be sending cookies to all of us as your punishment.

Hmmm....cookies and chocolate - two things to fight over now...
I agree!!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I just need to do another full day of baking tomorrow, and yes, it also includes chocolate.
White chocolate and milk chocolate, to be exact...

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

It's only December 1st! I'm going to die if I don't get a package soon and have to actually wait till Christmas.

The wait is driving me crazy....
I'm the opposite..
I hope mine doesn't get here too early or I'm worried I won't have enough will power to resist opening it before Christmas!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh my...fighting over chocolate?? I'm sure there's enough in all of these packages for everyone to share.

I just need to do another full day of baking tomorrow, and yes, it also includes chocolate.
White chocolate and milk chocolate, to be exact...
But it is together in one cookie??
Only my Secret Santa will find out!

I think I have all the rest for my SS, and after I finish baking and the cookies cool and I can put them all together, I'll be sending it out. I think it's going...North? Or is it South? Perhaps it's EastWest?
Now where was that address.......
I could re-send it to you if that will make it any easier on you

I made no attempt to hide who I was when I sent the package...I had to fill out customs forms, etc. It's hard to be stealthy when you have to put your name and address all over everything.
It's already been sent and received, but I think the only one who hasn't figured it out is the recipient

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Careful, Karen, you're going to short out your keyboard...

I bought a package of a local chocolate favorite on Thursday for my SS. Even got to speak to the owner because he recognized me from last year. (I met him as I was leaving the store and threatened to hug him because I could now get my fave candy again! But his arms were full so I let him off. He was closed for a while until he could move to a new building. )

I really do need to get to his shop more. They offer free samples at the checkout.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I wonder if there is chocolate in my package??
I may not be able to wait after all..
Yes Yes, you know the rules!! You must open if there is yummies inside!!! Atleast open the outer box... Maybe they'll all be individually wrapped other than the goodies!!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have GOT to get my box out the door! (Guess that means I should get off the computer and get baking!
) We were out shopping today and I found one *last* thing I had to get, because, well, everyone needs *************. Then I had to have Earl remind me that I'm already over limit (not by too much, though...) and I can't get anything else because I saw the perfect little thing...
We've got to raise the limit next year!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the feeling, Heidi!

Went and bought something for my SS's cat(s) and Ari grabbed them out of the shopping bag! So, SS, Ari approves of my gift for your feline(s).

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I know the feeling, Heidi!

Went and bought something for my SS's cat(s) and Ari grabbed them out of the shopping bag! So, SS, Ari approves of my gift for your feline(s).
lol, my cats "tested" the gift I made for Natalie's cat, Trout, too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Heidi, I had the same problem. I ended up sealing up and addressing the box so I wouldn't buy any more !
I also went a bit over, but got some amazing deals, so it looks like I went over more than I did.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Heidi, I had the same problem. I ended up sealing up and addressing the box so I wouldn't buy any more !
I also went a bit over, but got some amazing deals, so it looks like I went over more than I did.
That's where I'm at too. The deals I got make it look like I went WAY over but I really just went a little over.

I think I've finished baking enough for Secret Santa presents.
Well, that and I've run out of space in the freezer for cookies, and if I bake more I'll have to get bigger tins.
I LOVE baking and I'm so excited that I actually have the kitchen to bake in again!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I am actually going to send out mine on Wednesday! (payday) so I better finish wrapping and get it bundled up!!! It's well close enough to christmas now!!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sent mine yesterday and I went over to my mom's place and found my SS gift! I am very excited!!! I am not opening till Christmas though... I did take it out the envelope (there are quite a few pressies all gift wrapped) and opened the card by my SS didn't sign it. The post mark is from Edinburgh... So I'm snooping around now, this is so much fun!

I had to write my name on the package because it was international so I just wrote my username in brackets. Oh well! No mystery for my SS

I think I know who my SS is, more snooping before I say who!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

*Just a note*

I know some of you are not planning on opening your packages until Christmas. When you receive them, can you please post that you have, even if you don't open? This would put the sender's mind at ease, and Linda and I are also keeping track as packages are received, so it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I went to the postoffice today....
My SS present was mailed....
It's going... North!....
I'm excited to see if they like it....
I'm done dot dot doting.